Canada Kicks Ass
Largest Seal Hunt In More Than Half A Century

Previous  1  2  3  4

feeko @ Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:04 pm

hmm wonder if seal tastes like chicken???

Also a wondering..what are they doing with the dead seals?
just keeping the coats?..do they feed the hungry with em..let the bodies rot?

leave em for the polar bears?.kind like a " pup sickle"?

I know round my way y'alls damm geese seem to love VIRGINIA
BUT THE DOO GOODERS WONT LET ANYONE TRIM DOWN THE FLOCK

THEY USED TO HAVE CHRISTMAS GOOSE..BET THEY ARE LIKE DUCK MMM

ANYWAY...THEY POOP EVERY WHERE , SEEM TO LIKE THE OPEN SPACES OF SCHOOLS AND LOCAL PONDS..no preds..cept a dog or two..but theres lease laws...

and I could go on bout bambi...but thats ..well..

Twila @ Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:17 am

$1:
I don't think you'll talk anyone in SK out of exterminating them!!

Probably not. But there is an entire world outside of SK..........I know the pests are not like tame rats, or mice. That doesn't meant that I like the poison used. I don't like knowing that they die a horribly painful death by bleeding internally. I KNOW there are better ways. More humane ways. I also know that humans will always take the path of least resistance and bigger bucks. :roll:

natooke @ Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:21 am

Seal Hunt Starts
Friday, 2004-04-16
Sweden begins its annual seal hunt in the Baltic Sea Friday, with a total of 170 grey seals to be culled before the end of the year.

The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency says there are an estimated 16,000 seals in the Baltic. The hunt is authorized to help minimize the damage the seals are said to cause the fishing industry.

The animals will only be allowed to be hunted from land, not from boats

Robair @ Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:18 pm

Twila Twila:
Probably not. But there is an entire world outside of SK..........I know the pests are not like tame rats, or mice. That doesn't meant that I like the poison used. I don't like knowing that they die a horribly painful death by bleeding internally. I KNOW there are better ways. More humane ways. I also know that humans will always take the path of least resistance and bigger bucks.
Nobody I know uses poison, not on rats anyway. We use dogs and shotguns. Note: it takes a large, aggresive dog to take down a male rat, those things are wicked!! If we were to use poison, we would probably have pets getting into it. Or messing with rats that have gotten into it, either way, not good.
So what's your take on the seal hunt, Twila?

Twila @ Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:36 pm

$1:
So what's your take on the seal hunt, Twila?

Oh, you've requested the BIG kettle of fish, eh? lol

I'd prefer to see the seals clubbed over being shot. Clubbed properly they feel nothing! As a little girl I helped the Greek Restauranteur down the road slaughter our goats. They clubbed them on the head so the heart would continue to beat. They were hung upside down from a tree with their throat slit so the heart would beat the blood out of them. I think this is very humane.

I don't like the idea of the seals being shot. I think they'd suffer if somebody's aim was off.

The need for this action I don't believe. Seals did not remove the cod, over fishing did. We need to resume balance. Every living creature has a right to eat. With balance in tack we don't need to "cull" wild animals. Man does not need to be as wastefull as he is. Man is destroying the environment. Not animals.

I think that we as a society love bandaids. We don't want to deal with the cause.

Previous  1  2  3  4