Canada Kicks Ass
mother smells foul odor, finds son died 4 days earlier

andyt @ Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:32 pm

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania- ... 09477.html

Wow, the lives some people lead. And no help from the authorities (I assume) until somebody dies.

Strutz @ Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:38 pm

8O

Wow.

Just... wow.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Given that this kid was missing for 4 days, I'm assuming that one big thing in that family wasn't a formal supper with all members attending.

andyt @ Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:37 pm

As the story said, the mother hadn't seen the boy for 4 years because she was taking care of a comatose daughter. The boy would smear himself with feces and they were worried the daughter would get infected. 5 kids with developmental or medical issues, and it sounds like no help from the authorities. Now, tho, let's put dad in jail 'cause we need a bad guy in this, and it can't be the govt.

RaymondCA @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:10 pm

It happened in Pennsylvania...

BartSimpson @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:12 pm

andyt andyt:
Wow, the lives some people lead. And no help from the authorities (I assume) until somebody dies.

Despite the obvious cost, it's far preferable to live in a country where people are free to fail and where your authorities are not the solution to every human problem.

saturn_656 @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Parents were obviously dysfunctional. In four years Mom never found the time to see her son once? Whatever the cause of his death, Dad sits on it for days?

Kids should have been seized long ago.

Jabberwalker @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:23 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:

Despite the obvious cost, it's far preferable to live in a country where people are free to fail and where your authorities are not the solution to every human problem.

That would explain why the U.S. educational scores are plummeting like bricks when compared to those of the rest of the developed world. You are all so free to fail.

Centre @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:51 pm

RaymondCA RaymondCA:

According to the story you are correct [cheer]

andyt @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:

That would explain why the U.S. educational scores are plummeting like bricks when compared to those of the rest of the developed world. You are all so free to fail.

Just insane to let kids suffer like this for some libertarian dogma.

andyt @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:58 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
Parents were obviously dysfunctional. In four years Mom never found the time to see her son once? Whatever the cause of his death, Dad sits on it for days?

Didn't bother reading the story, huh?
$1:
The mother had not seen the boy, who was prone to smear feces on himself, in four years out of fear she would carry an infection back to his sister, the news site reported.

Not necessarily seized, sounds like these were caring parents. They should have been given in home help. Tho is sis is in a coma, yeah, sounds like she should be in hospital. Kids had developmental problems, I wonder if the parents did too.

Jabberwalker @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Just insane to let kids suffer like this for some libertarian dogma.

They think that it's going to pay. Just dismantle civilization and opportunities for personal enrichment multiply. Libertarians are just old, fashioned anarchists who are especially fond of cold, hard cash.

andyt @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:59 pm

RaymondCA RaymondCA:

Was you first clue the fact the url had the word Pennsylvania in it?

saturn_656 @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:06 pm

andyt andyt:
saturn_656 saturn_656:

Didn't bother reading the story, huh?
$1:
The mother had not seen the boy, who was prone to smear feces on himself, in four years out of fear she would carry an infection back to his sister, the news site reported.

Not necessarily seized, sounds like these were caring parents. They should have been given in home help. Tho is sis is in a coma, yeah, sounds like she should be in hospital. Kids had developmental problems, I wonder if the parents did too.

I read the story, I just don't find her excuse valid.

wildrosegirl @ Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Wow.. Delayed responses. :?