Canada Kicks Ass
Moving back!

1  2  3  Next

canuckns @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:29 am

So the wife and I have decided to go on an adventure.

After living in Chicago for the last 20 years we have decided to move back to Canada. No not because of the threat of Trump, because of the fucked up US immigration system. The wife is American, I'm Canadian and there is apparently something wrong with my work permit again.

We are looking at Ottawa (sister lives there), Vancouver (I was born there) or Calgary. Just want to see if anyone from any of those cities can shed light on jobs, rent (until we can buy), locations to live, night life, etc...

Thanks. :rock: :rock: :rock:

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:32 am

Welcome back! [B-o]

Thanos @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:48 am

Calgary's toast now. Don't come here if you're planning on any sort of future.

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:49 am

Besides, there will soon be a meteor hitting Thanos in the face if his wishes come true, so that will make Calgary a smoking hole in the ground. ;)

stratos @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 am

Find you and your wife a good - great place and have a wonderful life together. To me that's a dream everyone has. [B-o]

BRAH @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:55 am

Thanos Thanos:

I was there two weeks ago it was like the Walking Dead. 8O

canuckns @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:01 am

BRAH BRAH:
Thanos Thanos:

Good to know

BRAH @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:17 am

canuckns canuckns:
BRAH BRAH:
Thanos Thanos:

Good to know

Meanwhile in Edmonton. [B-o]

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:31 am

Call yourself an illegal Mexican and the Obama administration will fall all over themselves to help you out.

canuckns @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:43 am

I'll add Edmonton to the list as well. We've looked at Montreal, folks live in Hudson, but she does not speak French and after 20yrs in the US I speak better Spanish now then French.

canuckns @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:44 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Call yourself an illegal Mexican and the Obama administration will fall all over themselves to help you out.

I'm too white, would never work...LOL

BRAH @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:44 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Just like Trudeau does with refugees. :roll:

PluggyRug @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:46 am

Grow a beard, learn two words in Arabic (welfare assistance). Trudough will give you a nice place to stay and new Air Jordans for you and your family. :D

Thanos @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:20 am

BRAH BRAH:
Thanos Thanos:

It's so dead here now that you can drive around in rush hour and get home at least fifteen minutes earlier than you could two years ago.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:34 am

canuckns canuckns:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I'm too white, would never work...LOL

A close friend of mine from Intel was in Russia and met and married a nice lady but after five years of trying could not get her a visa to even visit the USA. He had her come through Mexico and she filed as an illegal from Mexico and now she's a US citizen.

Meaning you're not too white. Just call yourself 'Carlos Martinez' and say you have no papers. Boom. Done.

Don't get me wrong, I hate that this shit is the way it is right now but if it works for you then why not?

1  2  3  Next