Canada Kicks Ass
Need Larger Population

Previous  1  2

Laconfir @ Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:07 am

I get really bored posting on here. It is usually the same thing over and over again. Someone will make some dumbass comment on a topic even though they know they're wrong. Or wingnut will scream and bitch about Rev trying to make everyone agree with him. Or Rev will scream and yell at Wingnut for telling people Rev is telling people to agree with him. Seriously, you guys are my friends, but it gets fucking annoying.

karra @ Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:46 pm

It's not uncommon for posters to be at loggerheads with each other.

Rev loses points when his language deteriorates which is frequently. Having said that, it's also not surprising coming from a poster who stands just a little to the left of Pol Pot and would vent his spleen and regurgitate his poison on anyone within hearing distance.

Rev recently used the word 'nazi' to describe Wing; there's a term for that in forum parlance that I don't recall, but essentially the person who uses that word kills the dialogue and it devolves to a slagging match.

[align=center]:P Burn him at the steak I say, burn him at the stake. :P [/align]

steak and stake - the difference, my kingdom for the difference :lol:

blubs @ Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:19 pm

Personally I dont think Rev lost any points. Are you going to sit there and tell me you would'nt lose your cool? everyone no matter who it is has a breaking point. I am in agreement with Rev on most subjects. Wingnut makes valid points also.
But when you get two people who are firmly opposed to each other and think their views are the right ones. Well hell something has to give.

karra @ Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:35 pm

Lose one's cool? Over what?

This is nowhere. It's a monitor displaying stuff. Bandwidth, nothing more or less, it's just the internet.

Now I'm worried about you too blubs, you being a carny and losing your cool. Is it possible you might not do up some kid's restraining device 'cause you had an argrument with your so?

Geez, if that's the case I hope you don't forget to take your meds and if you don't, don't forget to take them if you do remember at all.

Somewun earlier said something like 'youse guise are my friendz' or something akin. Didn't it cause you to ask, have they ever met? will they ever meet? if they never met, how can they be friends? and more to the point - what's this poor chaps definition of a friend? Sheesh already, or as someone famous once said: 'strange daze indeed.' :lol:

AdamNF @ Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:37 pm

Well this site could be called www.canadiansbitchingaboutamerica.net

I swear to god if another thread is made talking about what the USA is doing wrong and how Canada is better ill vomit.

blubs @ Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:51 pm

karra karra:
Lose one's cool? Over what?

This is nowhere. It's a monitor displaying stuff. Bandwidth, nothing more or less, it's just the internet.

Now I'm worried about you too blubs, you being a carny and losing your cool. Is it possible you might not do up some kid's restraining device 'cause you had an argrument with your so?

Geez, if that's the case I hope you don't forget to take your meds and if you don't, don't forget to take them if you do remember at all.

Somewun earlier said something like 'youse guise are my friendz' or something akin. Didn't it cause you to ask, have they ever met? will they ever meet? if they never met, how can they be friends? and more to the point - what's this poor chaps definition of a friend? Sheesh already, or as someone famous once said: 'strange daze indeed.' :lol:

Well i'll tell sure I have lost my cool alot of times. BUT never have I lost my cool to the point I forget to hook up the riders saftey belts,Harness,or straps. Pretty much the only time I lose my cool on the ride is when I have down time on it. If one is not aware of the ride and the surroundings. Then get off the lot. I have been a carny a lot of years. And I will tell you one thing about me and my ride SAFTEY FIRST.
Why should I question Laconfir when he said you guys are my friends. I like to think a lot of guys on this site are my friends. :) mind you I dont get annoyed at the antics of Rev and Wingnut. I cant say it is humorous but it indeed makes for interesting post and I for one enjoy reading them because it makes me think. And I try to wiegh both sides. And I gotta admit at this time I am on Revs side.

Rev_Blair @ Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:56 pm

Actually Laconfir, if you think you get tired of the me and Wing thing, you should try being us...we've been doing it every day since Georgie got elected. I feel like Keith Moon sometimes..."I was bored, so I got out my wee hatchet..."

karra, me and Wing devolved into a slagging match many years ago. I didn't invite him here though...I came here, in part, to get away from him and was hoping he'd never show up. When he brought the war here, first by proxy, then anonymously, and finally in person, I returned to where it started in hopes of not dragging it around, but that didn't work. "Nazi" is one of the nicer things I've called him and not nearly as bad as some of the things he's called me over the years.

I'm not here to make points or win some sort of game. I am here because I have an opinion and wish to present it. If you have a different opinion I will argue. When I agree I will say so.

As for my language...sorry if you don't like it, but that is the language I use. It is also the language many of my peers use. If this is to be a conversation, then I think that using the same language we would use in conversation is appropriate.

I'm sorry if this post is a little long for you, but reading expands the mind.

Adam...We do bitch about the US a lot. That is likely because of the inordinate effect that the US has on us on a daily basis. Trade and war and foreign policy. Consider how much effect the rest of Canada has on Newfoundland. If there was a Newfoundland site (and there likely is) wouldn't there be a lot of threads about the effects people from away were having on the province?

Blubs...keep those rides safe, man. I've been on quite a few where I got the impression they were set up by a guy who hadn't slept in three days and was smoking a joint just to keep himself alert. I used to think that was part of the thrill when I was young, but now that I'm old that pavement has a whole different look to me. I hope there's carnies like you with Conklin shows when he fair comes to town this year.

karra @ Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:02 pm

$1:
I'm sorry if this post is a little long for you, but reading expands the mind.

Errr dude, that would be true in most cases. However, in this case that is not the case no matter what case a headcase makes. Reading the same old same same old message contained in a variance of words doesn't accomplish much except,

Alors & eurika! I know! Run out and vote for George.

Just give me a moment whilst I contemplate and ponder whether it's Sr. or Jr.

blubs @ Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:54 pm

First of all Rev I wont allow any one smoking a joint on or near the rides tearing down, setting up , and running the rides. What they do in their off time is their bussiness. Just dont do it while working.
Seco0ndly I would rather read your kind of language than trying to Decipher just what the hell karra is trying to say. I mean anyone has the right to say and write how they like but ai am just getting a tad annoyed as Laconfir put it when I am reading her posts and try to figure it out. For instance youse guise are my frienz? Jesus H Christ! who the hell writes like that? But I guess to each his own eh. Mebbe I shud rit like at huh :D

Rev_Blair @ Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:20 pm

Karra, all you've done since you came to this site is insult people and tell everybody how much you hate Canada. You might think you're funny, but you lost that a long fucking time ago...about your third post. Now you're just abrasive, unthinking, and rude.

Today you've insulted at least three long-time posters. What the hell was that shit about Laconfir in the Laura Secord thread? He hasn't even posted there. What the hell is wrong with you? Did somebody drop you on your head or something?

AdamNF @ Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:40 pm

So back to the matter of getting more users...

blubs @ Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:44 pm

Adam you cant get anybody to post if they dont want to. Sorta like that old saying'' you can lead a horse to water but ya cant make him drink''. It took me the longest time to finally start posting and that was back in july when something really stuck in my craw.
My point is they will post when they feel the time is right.

Twila @ Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:56 pm

$1:
PS Twila if you are reading this post we open at Surrey Place on the 12 of march bring your family and I will give your kids some rides.

I'll be there! How will I know which Carny is you? I'll bring you a coffee or a tea or a pop or a juice (which ever is your preference)

Regarding getting more posters.....What might help to get some of the lurkers to post is to have a larger variety of topics. Most here revert to Canada vs the US. Which would be fine if there was real debating going on.

I'll see what I can find that's different......maybe start a "weirdest place to peirce"thread? or "strangest road sign you've every seen' or Dumbest thing anybody has either said or had said to them" Some forum games are usually non debatable....

Previous  1  2