Canada Kicks Ass
Prince William's personal flag in Canada revealed

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Proculation @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 pm

What about the white 'collar' on the upper side ? Does somebody know what it means ?

weaselways @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Proculation Proculation:
What about the white 'collar' on the upper side ? Does somebody know what it means ?

The three tooth white label "collar" is William's distinctive heraldic mark, the red shell is from his coat of arms.

EyeBrock @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:12 pm

weaselways weaselways:
We may be at an impass here, your bafflegab may have some cogence to some. Look we are talking the "personal flag of William" as designed & approved in Canada (the Canadian coat of arms as a basis). I originally brought up the Harp because of the animus the Irish have toward England witness the Rebellion 1916-17 & the IRA. In jest I offer up the Welsh natonal instrument as a sop. I'm slightly incredulous given your self directed higher knowledge of the subject, you would not pick up on the subtlety of the statement.

Half-Irish weaseltype. As in Ma and Pa were born in Eire. You know nothing. The harp is the Welsh national instrument? Ya really.

weaselways @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:24 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
weaselways weaselways:
We may be at an impass here, your bafflegab may have some cogence to some. Look we are talking the "personal flag of William" as designed & approved in Canada (the Canadian coat of arms as a basis). I originally brought up the Harp because of the animus the Irish have toward England witness the Rebellion 1916-17 & the IRA. In jest I offer up the Welsh natonal instrument as a sop. I'm slightly incredulous given your self directed higher knowledge of the subject, you would not pick up on the subtlety of the statement.

Half-Irish weaseltype. As in Ma and Pa were born in Eire. You know nothing. The harp is the Welsh national instrument? Ya really.

Time for you to do your research.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Wales isn't represented on the coat of arms because it was considered part of England. The harp was part of the Irish royal coat of arms.

weaselways @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:13 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Wales isn't represented on the coat of arms because it was considered part of England. The harp was part of the Irish royal coat of arms.

Didn't say that just said it would be more politically correct to consider the Harp as representing Wales' national instrument rather than the Harp of Tara within William's personal flag given Irish animosity. How many times I must repeat myself? Is satirical comment a problem at CKA?

Gunnair @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:22 pm

weaselways weaselways:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

Didn't say that just said it would be more politically correct to consider the Harp as representing Wales' national instrument rather than the Harp of Tara within William's personal flag given Irish animosity. How many times I must repeat myself? Is satirical comment a problem at CKA?

Not really, but new guys with a chip are.

Lighten up.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:23 pm

satire...hmmm...perhaps if there were elements of humour in your delivery it could be construed as such.

weaselways @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:57 pm

No chip.If dry doesn't suit, I'll adapt.

raydan @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Play nice, everybody... don't make me go over there. 8)

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:25 pm

or what...you'll impress us with your bonsai maple leaf?

EyeBrock @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:21 pm

weaselways weaselways:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
weaselways weaselways:

Really? Were you not asking me to spoon feed you this stuff a few posts ago? Wait, I'll just get on my Welsh harp.

commanderkai @ Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
commanderkai commanderkai:
Fair enough. I've heard this argument before, but they usually come from the same people who would willingly and happily erode other Canadian traditions.

Such as?

Anything relating to religion, basically.

llama66 @ Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:30 am

Its an interesting flag, I do like maple leaves on the bottom, they remind me of the maple leaves on the Red Ensign.

weaselways @ Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:33 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
weaselways weaselways:

Really? Were you not asking me to spoon feed you this stuff a few posts ago? Wait, I'll just get on my Welsh harp.[/quote]

I guess sarcasm doesn't flow for you. Ah well to each his own

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next