Canada Kicks Ass
WestJet vs. Air Canada

1  2  3  4  Next

WestJetsupporter @ Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:22 pm

8)
My question is, Who do you support when it comes to the battle for Canadian skies?

WestJet or Air Canada ?

I love WestJet and support them 100%, so I know where I stand.

Zyzzyxx @ Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:00 pm

I use west jet when im flying across the country

RoyalHighlander @ Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:03 pm

ya havent flown till you have flown west jet... its a hoot to fly with them.. one tiome flying to Edmonton aswe were taxiing to the run way steward comes on the intercom saying "welcome to west Jets flight to Tuktayuktuk" well the first 4 rows nearly jumped out of thier seats thinking they were on the wrong flight LOL
My votes fopr west Jet.. ive also flown Air canada (Air RipOff) and dont like it at all, compared to WJ

F/sgt Cam @ Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:54 pm

Go west jet, much better service andbesides in 5-10 years I might be working there making 200 grand a year :D

WestieLee @ Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:44 am

I have only went on a plane twice so far in my life and it was from Abbotsford to Edmonton and back and then lastly to edmonton from Abbotsford for good.

I highly enjoyed flying with west jet, they are the best airlines i have ever used to get around. If it wasn't for west jet being in Abbotsford, chances would have been me jumping on the train in mission going all the way to vancouver just to take a flight into Edmonton. That would have been way too long for me.

My roommate dropped me off at the Airport at around 6:30am when i was heading out to edmonton, and i was there for about a half hour and then got on the plane at 7am then we took off for calgary, had a quick stop over then took off for edmonton shortly after. When i got to edmonton I was more than happy to be there in about 2 hours from leaving abbotsford, i was proud of the service, how quick it was to and from both places and i really enjoyed it.

When i finally moved over to Edmonton, i took some of my stuff along with me including my cat and they let me take my cat on board with me, if he was with the cargo he would not have made it and would have a heart attack. I got a picture of me and my cat in his little cage at the Abbotsford Airport before we got on the plane.

From now on me and my fiance both vow to take WestJet, whenever we travel throughout Canada. :D

RoyalHighlander @ Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:39 am

good thread, something positive about a good Canadian company/product. Does any one have any funny stories about flying West Jet?? Like when I flew the attendant put on a fright wig to give us the safety speech.. that was funny and he DID get our attention too

WestJetsupporter @ Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:09 am

I am really glad to see how much people love WestJet. I am personally biased when it comes to the subject, because I work for WestJet. I have worked for them for the past two years. I have worked for many different employers in my life, and I can tell you that I never worked for a corporation like WestJet. I never realized that working could be so fun. They are truly becoming a canadian icon. I can't speak for WestJet, but I know that our number one priority is our guests. Anyone else who works for WestJet knows what I'm talking about. There is a massive sense of Canadian pride in everyone of us when we look up and see that teal tail flying over head. WestJet is owned and operated by canadians for canadians because we are proud to be canadians. That's just one person's opinion though. 8)

Viva La Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F/sgt Cam @ Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:10 am

For my cadet camp this summer west jet flew us from winnipeg to penhhold (near red deer ab.) and they were really nice to us (but that just threw us off and go us un-prepaired for 3 weeks of being yelled at lol)

Indelible @ Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:07 pm

i am partial toward WJ too...

only flown it a coupla times and i can't recall the amusing stuff but oh well. it was great to fly with WJ.

too bad there are laws against monopoly in canada.

anyways... so when is WJ gonna fly overseas?

sk1d @ Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:51 pm

GWN_Ronnie @ Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:55 am

$1:
I don't think westjet would even contemplate flying overseas until it's a much bigger player in Canada

That's for sure, it was only this year that WestJet started providing service from Coast to Coast.

I flew from Ottawa to St. John's last week on WestJet and it was excellent. Friendly crew cracking jokes, very comfortable seats with above average leg room, and what a great deal. My ticket only cost 136 bucks after taxes and airport fees. Another thing that was great was that my flight was direct. Any Newfoundlander knows that getting to the Rock without stopping in Halifax is rare......well not anymore thanks to WestJet.

My vote is without a doubt for WestJet!

Indelible @ Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:45 pm

i think this thread needed a poll....oh well.

is there anyone out there who prefers air canada? i haven't seen one post yet!

othello @ Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:58 pm

I'll give a different perspective...

I have done a lot of business travelling. This includes regular flights throughout Canada and into the States. All of this flying has been on either Air Canada or U.S.-based carriers.

From a business travellers perspective, there are some strong plusses for Air Canada, including:
- a more flexible schedule between key Canadian business centres (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax).
- the lounge, with space to conduct phone calls, check email and do work in relative privacy.
- the lounge, with nibbly snacks and tv, usually tuned to latest "big game" or the news
- express check-in options, including the electronic kiosks and business class check-in (for frequent flyers)
- pre-assigned seating
- upgrades

Now, you pay for all of this. A full fare ticket between Toronto and Montreal return approaches $1,000. So, ideally, you aren't the one paying for it. But, for the right traveller, there are some strong benefits.

RoyalHighlander @ Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:17 pm

Indelible Indelible:
i think this thread needed a poll....oh well.

is there anyone out there who prefers air canada? i haven't seen one post yet!

We now have a poll, that will be open for 10 days..so vote away people

Indelible @ Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:52 pm

thanx RH :wink:

1  2  3  4  Next