Canada Kicks Ass
Dion's famous first words.

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next

Firecat @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:18 pm

What does it mean when no one agrees with you?

Always4Iggy @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:26 pm

Firecat Firecat:
I don't think that is true, my dear furballs, I don't think that is true.

I do not expect people from other camps to agree with everything I say, but it means a lot if they do not have consistent and coherent reasons for disagreeing.

I am not trying to convert you as a Kennedy man to switch sides, nor Lily as a who-knows-who woman to cross over. What we can agree upon is how to have a better party, where the people without money have a say and no ugly deals happen. Whether you think Kennedy was helpless and I think he was wrong is unimportant, we need to work together.

You may not support the same candidate, but I think you and Lily are actually quite OK with most of my views.

Always4Iggy @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:30 pm

Also, I think if I had not posted here, I would not have had a very stimulating exchange with Delwin, who I have learnt to like a lot.

Delwin can move a topic to the next level, and not get stuck.

Quite the opposite of that insufferable USCAdad [but]

BluesBud @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:38 pm

All right Always4Iggy how about forgetting the sour grapes already. I know you worked hard to get your leader to the head of the pack. Now it is the time to move forward and work together as one party. I am sure that is what Mr. Ignatieff is doing. Not looking for ways to stab the new leader in the back, but supporting him and the party. Working as a team is how you get ahead and get things accomplished.

These divisions are part of what sunk the party the last time. Do we really need history to repeat it self. If you are this upset I think you need to reconsider your loyalties. This defeatist attitude of yours only supports loosing.

Firecat @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:44 pm

Always4Iggy Always4Iggy:
lily lily:
All that and you still lost. :(

Well that was the first round :D

If Dion and Kennedy cannot take the party through the next election, we will all be voting for a new leader.

So far, my dear lady, the Iggy people are not losing any sleep. :wink:

They're losing their future in Party politics if they don't learn to smile and hide their ambitions while they wait for their next chance in ten years (at which time Kennedy will win the leadership having earned it.
Party memory lasts a long time when it comes to how candidates (and their supporters) behave in and after a leadership race. Their failed candidate can never shake that history you are making now. It's unfortunate for him that he has supporters who cannot handle defeat with dignity, which a leader must be expected to do.

Ignatieff presumed to be Prime Minister without a shred of experience in politics, demonstrating complete disrespect for politics as a profession.

One ought not presume to be chief brain surgeon without ever having been a doctor.

Always4Iggy @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:50 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
All right Always4Iggy how about forgetting the sour grapes already.
Sorry BluesBud, but as I just told Lily, it is a bit too early to count wins and losses.

The goal is not the leadership of the party, that is only the starting line. The win or loss comes when Stephen Harper calls for an election.

If Harper wins, then Dion is toast.

If Harper loses, then Dion still has to handle two divisive problems, Afghanistan and Quebec. If he does badly on any ONE, Dion is toast.

So think carefully, Bluesbud, only a simple sort like Lily could talk so early about winning and losing.

Always4Iggy @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:53 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention the third problem.

Pollution.

Dion has to get carbon emissions down WITHOUT angering Alberta!

Something like telling a bootlegger that you want to tax whiskey! [stupid]

Always4Iggy @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:00 pm

lily lily:
$1:
So think carefully, Bluesbud, only a simple sort like Lily

Once again...

Fuck off with the insults.
Well, if you want people to treat you like a lady, behave like one.

Participate more intelligently.

Show warmth and understanding.

Avoid cheap shots and judgemental responses.

You behave, you get treated like a princess.

BluesBud @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:01 pm

Always4Iggy Always4Iggy:
BluesBud BluesBud:
All right Always4Iggy how about forgetting the sour grapes already.
Sorry BluesBud, but as I just told Lily, it is a bit too early to count wins and losses.

The goal is not the leadership of the party, that is only the starting line. The win or loss comes when Stephen Harper calls for an election.

If Harper wins, then Dion is toast.

If Harper loses, then Dion still has to handle two divisive problems, Afghanistan and Quebec. If he does badly on any ONE, Dion is toast.

So think carefully, Bluesbud, only a simple sort like Lily could talk so early about winning and losing.
However, it is too late to count wins and losses in the leadership of the liberals for the time being.I repeat my point because you do not seem to GET IT! Move on, move forward, NOT BACK. The future is in front, not behind you.

It is obvious you have a hard time working and playing well with others. Perhapes this is the source of your glitch.

Firecat @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:06 pm

Always4Iggy Always4Iggy:
Firecat Firecat:
I don't think that is true, my dear furballs, I don't think that is true.

I see no other poster argeeing with you.

Always4Iggy Always4Iggy:
I am not trying to convert you as a Kennedy man to switch sides, nor Lily as a who-knows-who woman to cross over. What we can agree upon is how to have a better party, where the people without money have a say and no ugly deals happen. Whether you think Kennedy was helpless and I think he was wrong is unimportant, we need to work together.

Wrong again. No "ugly deals" exist except in your mind. - and you just don't get it do you? I'm no longer a "Kennedy man". The race is over and Dion won. As a loyal Liberal I am Dion's man through and through. that is fundamental to Party Politics.

Always4Iggy Always4Iggy:
You may not support the same candidate, but I think you and Lily are actually quite OK with most of my views.

I find your views naive and rather immature almost to the point of being offensive. As a Party loyalist I have utter contempt for your refusal to get over your candidate's loss and inability to move on for the benefit of the Party and the Country - who matter a hell of a lot more than a presumptious professor.

Always4Iggy @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:06 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
However, it is too late to count wins and losses in the leadership of the liberals for the time being.I repeat my point because you do not seem to GET IT! Move on, move forward, NOT BACK. The future is in front, not behind you.

Bud, the only ones who are counting wins and losses is you and princess Lily.

All the others, Delwin, myself and Firecat are talking about PROCESS and not RESULT.

While the result is over, the process is still around, and we are thinking about whether that needs fixing or not.

So bud, you and Lily can either think straight or go play in a flower bed, where Buds and Lilies belong!

Always4Iggy @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:10 pm

Firecat Firecat:
inability to move on for the benefit of the Party and the Country - who matter a hell of a lot more than a presumptious professor.

Sure I will, but you have to convince me, as a Dion man, that you ARE moving for the benefit of Party and country.

BluesBud @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:24 pm

Always4Iggy Always4Iggy:
BluesBud BluesBud:

Bud, the only ones who are counting wins and losses is you and princess Lily.

All the others, Delwin, myself and Firecat are talking about PROCESS and not RESULT.

While the result is over, the process is still around, and we are thinking about whether that needs fixing or not.

So bud, you and Lily can either think straight or go play in a flower bed, where Buds and Lilies belong!

I am not re-counting the loss of my choise for leader, (none of your business I might add) YOU ARE!

If you are a member of the Liberal Party you are the on who needs to get your head screwed on right. You are doing a great disservice to the party. I think you need to chat with the same folks you worked with at the convention. You will find that very few of them are on your particular way if thinking.

The great thing about these forums is the anonymity of it. It is both a strength and a weakness. People have no idea who you are but you have no idea who I am either. I don't know if you are just a member of the Liberal Party or someone with some influence. I doubt this highly by the way you handle debate and your attitude. You however as I have stated, you have no knowledge of my background. If I ever get the oppertunity to chat with you face to face, I will know not to work with you in the future, Chris.

BluesBud @ Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:01 pm

Oh my Chris nothing more to say. You said you "are talking about PROCESS and not RESULT."

Yet in the short time you have joined this community you have opened two threads that experess your sour grapes about a convention now over.

Do you have anything positive to say about The Liberal Party (your party) You are a member I guess. If you participated in the convention....right?

USCAdad @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:29 am

A rather naughty summation of the situation. So exactly what function do you perform for Iggy these days? And who are the converts on this site that you've won over with all your pseudo superiority? Don't everyone jump up at once.

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next