Canada Kicks Ass
Sookite for Veteran

Previous  1  2  3

sookite @ Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:22 am

Hyack Hyack:
Hyack Hyack:
Guidlines to Receive a Medal

1) You cannot earn a medal until you have 100 or more posts.

2) The endorser will have to write a decent write-up on why he/she deserves the certain medal after he/she applies or gets chosen for a nomination. Instead of just saying “I nominate x for medal w”. You need to provide a good amount of proof (links/examples) and need to be very clear on why they deserve the medal. If he/she truly deserves the medal it will be easy to convince the moderators and give proof on why they deserve it.

3) Medals that aren’t deserved by people anymore, such as someone who may have the “Topic Jedi” medal suddenly stops creating a lot of topics and then never is heard of in the forum for a long length of time will have his/her medal taken away from them.

4) Medal nomination in obvious retaliation for a continuing conflict in the forums or to make a point will not be considered.

5) Moderating staff may award or remove medals (other than for inactivity) but only after a discussion has taken place within that group which may or may not be made public in the forums.

Having had zero luck in trying to contact Trevor, no surprise there eh...... :wink: And, with myself being the only moderator still active on site, I have no one to turn to for advice or for any kind of helpful information. It would appear I can make any decisions I wish to with absolute immunity! Using rule 5 I have decided, in this incident, to waive the 100 post rule before being eligible to receive a medal. This member first joined CKA over 8 years ago on May 08, 2007, he has made only 15 posts during that time and has had no warnings of any kind during that time. All things considered I can see no reason to withhold the Veteran Medal from a member who has just retired with 30 years of service to the RCN.

Congratulations on your new medal sookite..... [B-o]

sookite @ Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Thankyou very much Mr. Hyack and thankyou to all members involved. It is an honour to wear this title on CKA.

Previous  1  2  3