Canada Kicks Ass
Almost Indian Blockade Season.

1  2  Next

grainfedprairieboy @ Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:10 pm

National chief urges peaceful demonstrations

Following of course the baby seal clubbing season, nautrally follows summer and the accompanying Indian blockades. (Wouldn't it be nice to combine the two events?)

Anyway, Fontaine is calling for (nudge nudge wink wink say no more) peaceful demonstrations that don't irritate real Canadians.

We'll see.

Virgil @ Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:56 pm

I always support trying a peaceful start to the season. But I asure you as the government ignores land claimes blockades will spring up.

Clogeroo @ Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:04 pm

If they want to go stand by the road and protest I could care less but if they are going to block passages or areas then should call the army in and move them.

RUEZ @ Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
If they want to go stand by the road and protest I could care less but if they are going to block passages or areas then should call the army in and move them.
PDT_Armataz_01_36 R=UP PDT_Armataz_01_41

Virgil @ Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:

If we'd stand by the road than you would care less, wich is exactly why that form of protest has never worked for us.

Clogeroo @ Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:14 pm

$1:
If we'd stand by the road than you would care less, wich is exactly why that form of protest has never worked for us.

I doubt disrupting people's lives and acting like militant rebels gives your people any credibility or leads to much sympathy either. Why can’t you solve your problems democratically and lawfully like the rest of the country does?

baylee @ Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:31 pm

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
National chief urges peaceful demonstrations

Anyway, Fontaine is calling for (nudge nudge wink wink say no more) peaceful demonstrations that don't irritate real Canadians.

Real Canadians?

Surely you dont consider racist redneck right wingers real Canadians do you?

$1:
Why can’t you solve your problems democratically and lawfully like the rest of the country does?

We had a problem in this country called the softwood dispute with the Americans.

Harper decided to sell out Canada to the Americans and allow the Americans to keep a billion dollars in stolen money.

Hardly a democratic solution to a problem

stratos @ Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:36 pm

Virgil Virgil:
Clogeroo Clogeroo:

Have the Indians gone to court, federal or what ever type is there in Canada and have a ruling on these things? Win the case the courts can force the Gov. to pay up and do the things that your demanding they do via the protests and blockades.

Zipperfish @ Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:16 pm

It's shaping up to be a long summer in BC. The natives are pissed at the federal Conservatives (for scrapping the Kelowna Accord) and the BC Liberals (the Lheidl T'enneh of Prince George recently rejected a treaty). The First Nations have been bolstered by a string of Supreme Court decisions in their favour with respect to aboriginal rights and title. With all the mines, ports, Olympic projects, pipelines, etc., being proposed, theya re feeling they are not getting a big enough slice of the pie and/or that environmental damage resulting from these projects will threaten their way of life.

HyperionTheEvil @ Tue May 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Well GF...it is that time of year when there's lots of tires in need of burning

CDNBear @ Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:25 am

Just food for thought...

But why was it, that when the Clan Mums drove to Queens Park, they were met by no one?

Yet when the Caledonian residents protested their way to Queens Park, they were met with tea and an ear?

If you think peaceful civil discourse gets the attention of politicians, when it comes to Native issues, I have some land available for sale in Florida for ya.

grainfedprairieboy @ Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:57 am

baylee baylee:
Real Canadians?

Surely you dont consider racist redneck right wingers real Canadians do you?

I consider rednecks the greatest Canadians but that's aside from the point.

Since a significant portion of those involved in the protests advocate they are part of a Nation separate from Canada I'd hardly call them "real Canadians". Many of these First Nations protesters are no different in their loyalty to Canada then most Muslim immigrants or 2/3 the population of Quebec and we've seen were appeasement gets us in those cases.

CDNBear @ Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:38 pm

Hey GFPB, you mean real Canadians like these...

http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/on/1vip8_e.html

grainfedprairieboy @ Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:05 pm

CDNBear CDNBear:
Hey GFPB, you mean real Canadians like these...

http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/on/1vip8_e.html

Precisely PDT_Armataz_01_37

grainfedprairieboy @ Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:13 pm

Curious CDN_Bear, and I'm not trying to put you on the spot so feel free not to answer.

Where do your loyalties lie? If reserves were legally disbanded and you were ordered to clear them by whichever means necessary would you disobey a lawful command?

1  2  Next