Canada Kicks Ass
How much money is enough money?

Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  23 ... 26  Next

mixedfarmer @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:52 am

should the world settle every past claim? how far back in history do we go? But if we dont settle then in the future someone may feel they can do as they please with out any repercussions. I dont want some one to claim my land as theirs. So its up to the courts to decide if a land claim or other claim is valid.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:41 am

I hear the Bison are planning on having the Amerinds relocated back to Siberia. The cougars, wolves and black bears are forming lobby groups to see if they can collect restitution for their deceased relatives the smilodon, dire wolf and cave bear, wiped out by the Early Asian Immigrants.

uwish @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:26 am

from where I sit, we have already paid the debt. And have been for the past 30 years! Christ, we have spent as much on Defence in one year as we have over the past 30 for the 'indian' issue.

Enough is enough already. I know one way, distribute the money a band gets to the band people directly NOT the band counsel. Wonder why the chief's houses and his cronnies are so huge yet everyone else lives in squaller? There is your answer.

Secondly, get rid of the department of indian affairs and rip up all treaty cards. In a nation that claims to be 'modern' and non discriminatory, how bad is it when we PAY PEOPLE TO BE DIFFERENT! think about it, we have a department of INDIAN AFFAIRS. For gods sake let the insanity stop!

Mustang1 @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 am

three three:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Many of the resources we harvested were tens of thousands of years beyond the Amerinds ability to utilize. We have shared with them, they have TVs, rifles, houses, modern medicine, access to education, computers, ATVs and trucks that they never would have had without us and our wicked ways.

We were primitive then too. Remember when our ancestors put heads on pikes? Then in North America those got too heavy to carry the long distances, so we just scalped instead.

Not that primitive. You missed Shep's point, and it was a good one.

Mustang1 @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:33 am

uwish uwish:
from where I sit, we have already paid the debt. And have been for the past 30 years! Christ, we have spent as much on Defence in one year as we have over the past 30 for the 'indian' issue.

Enough is enough already. I know one way, distribute the money a band gets to the band people directly NOT the band counsel. Wonder why the chief's houses and his cronnies are so huge yet everyone else lives in squaller? There is your answer.

Secondly, get rid of the department of indian affairs and rip up all treaty cards. In a nation that claims to be 'modern' and non discriminatory, how bad is it when we PAY PEOPLE TO BE DIFFERENT! think about it, we have a department of INDIAN AFFAIRS. For gods sake let the insanity stop!

AND let's be honest, Natives don't these land insomuch as they want the WESTERN money that can be extracted through the land such as resources and real estate. It's the worst cultural hypocrisy - they fall back on their culture when it suits them, but they're more than happy to use the West's -money, cars, computers, laws, resources (is anyone suggesting uranium or petroleum was used in pre-Contact Native economies en masse?!?!?) when they it benefits them.

History is just that - history. These groups need to move on as countess OTHER cultures have and instead of whining about the past, deal with the present and prepare for the future.

Arctic_Menace @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:56 am

$1:
History is just that - history. These groups need to move on as countess OTHER cultures have and instead of whining about the past, deal with the present and prepare for the future.

R=UP

Benoit @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:22 am

$1:
History is just that - history. These groups need to move on as countless OTHER cultures have and instead of whining about the past, deal with the present and prepare for the future.

When we don't rectify the past, it repeats itself. Millions of Mexicans live illegally on the US territory, almost everybody agree it is not realistic to force them to leave. Here again, the question becomes: How much money is enough money?

Mustang1 @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 am

Benoit Benoit:
$1:
History is just that - history. These groups need to move on as countless OTHER cultures have and instead of whining about the past, deal with the present and prepare for the future.

When we don't rectify the past, it repeats itself. Millions of Mexicans live illegally on the US territory, almost everybody agree it is not realistic to force them to leave. Here again, the question becomes: How much money is enough money?

As per usual, you missed the point. I'm not denigrating history or minimizing it, i'm merely outlining a pragmatic approach to dealing with past transgressions. You can't fix the Celts, the Romans, the Visogoths, the Aztecs, the New French, the Puritans, the Catholics, the Irish because the temporal distance negates any tangible present harm.

Just hit the [ignore] button and save us all some time.

PluggyRug @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:52 am

Benoit Benoit:
When we don't rectify the past, it repeats itself.

Ok Butterscotch, you want to borrow my time machine.

Whilst you are at it, you can ask the natives to rectify their own "past".

Chauchee @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:54 am

Pail Of Skids Wrote:
It's not working BC

This is being proven in every single small community here in Nunavut right now. There isnt one paper who doesnt mention the fact that the crime doubles when the cheques arrive.I'll post numbers later if I have time but this money is more likely to wipe out a big chunk of your people rather then help them.

The elders are concerned BC,very concerned.
They see this cash poisening their people.

But the money works for you pink people, no problem! For you don't have the dreams of your Ancestors to live up to. Hence forth no conscience. Your beautiful blonde girls can go off and live anywhere they want, work where they want, buck any many they want. And come back whenever they want. They have no real roots. Only where you are and the money you make and help them out with.

WE on the other hand HAVE roots. We belong somewhere. I am from Babine Lake, and right now all those skids are working the jobs, hunting, fishing, boating, doing everything that was meant for us to SHARE with all of you.

But we cannot work jobs with you. For you have your Bucked up views of politics, social living, and how you go about living under the money tree.

WE on the other hand, TRY to work your job with you. But we end up getting scolded by pink bosses telling us that we cannot bring OUR politics to work. That we have to be good little indians. We are not included in your superficial social life. Anytime we show up to the pub? Everyone shuts up and smiles at each other. FOR NO REAL REASON. And you all play with such glee under this money tree, and alot of our people try and join in.

Not this chug. This chug has come to war! And you have NO idea how many stand with me underground against you.

You won't see it coming. It won't beat you, for you beat us with numbers alone. But it will make such a point that your kids....well, not those dumb blondes...but their kids will think, "What the hell is wrong with MY people, didn't they see this coming???"

Your passion is OUR poison. The passion of my Ancestors died with them.
Congradulations. Your destructive ways works.....for you!

Benoit @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
Benoit Benoit:
$1:

As per usual, you missed the point. I'm not denigrating history or minimizing it, i'm merely outlining a pragmatic approach to dealing with past transgressions. You can't fix the Celts, the Romans, the Visogoths, the Aztecs, the New French, the Puritans, the Catholics, the Irish because the temporal distance negates any tangible present harm.

The norms of law are different from moral norms in that they are being authorized primarily by the coercive (compulsory) power of the state. But this dependence on force, along with the pragmatic reasons of adopting and passing the norms of law, must be ultimately justified by the transcendental-pragmatic foundation of discourse ethics.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-163939372.html

ziggy @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:58 am

Jheez chauch,hope your not going to post your pics posing on those vandalized logging machines again are you?

Mustang1 @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:58 am

Benoit Benoit:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
Benoit Benoit:
$1:

The norms of law are different from moral norms in that they are being authorized primarily by the coercive (compulsory) power of the state. But even this dependence on force, along with the pragmatic reasons of adopting and passing the norms of law, must be ultimately justified by the transcendental-pragmatic foundation of discourse ethics.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-163939372.html

Blah, blah, buurrrrrp, pfffft. Nonsensical mush.

Chauchee @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:01 am

Money is the EASY part. If it was the HARD part, we would all be millionaires.
Look at today's millionaires. Look at Britney Spears? So messed up like as if she lived on WELFARE her entire life. Look at the hockey players? All brats who shoot rubber around for a living. So what?

Look at me? I drink because it kills my horniness. All the beautiful women I find beautiful have such ugly spirits against us indians? The only way to kill the crave is to DRINK.

Sure I could be in alcohol denial. But you are in LAND denial. YOU are in COLOR denial. You are pink yet you call yourself WHITE.

To any of you a ding dang doos that is just whining. But to the rest of the world of COLOR it makes SENSE. For WHITE is a MENTALITY. A thought pattern. ONE that all of you pink people SHARE.

And we have Red, Yellow, Black nation people who suffer with the same "white" mentality.

So money isn't the issue. Your bucked up way of thinking is the issue.

And everytime I head out to ONTARIO from SIX NATIONS RESERVATION? I am just as bucked up as all of you! Only I heed not to YOUR laws, but the laws of MY land. Something you know nothing about.

And why haven't the OPP caught me yet? When that time comes? They will have to SHOOT me. Which is what I prefer. Because money isn't the issue! I don't do it for the money! YOU do.

Chauchee @ Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:04 am

Jheez chauch,hope your not going to post your pics posing on those vandalized logging machines again are you?

Nopes. You could find something else in newspapers all over Ontario instead. But you won't find my pictures on it. Only what happened.

Hence forth, the GHOST of crownland.

Remember the movie "Fight Club?" How a movement started by ONE man turned into such an epademic? Same thing. One of my young bloods got busted. And they tried to pin every single incodent on him. And he tried to rat me out. He got released from jail and now all the hardcore criminals that KNOW him? Are after him.

So look through ANY Ontario paper, and try to figure this out. OPP can't, why should you?

Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  23 ... 26  Next