Canada Kicks Ass
Native Corruption on Piikani reserve

Previous  1  2  3  4

Regina @ Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:36 pm

Yeah...maybe it's shipped by vendor. I'll have to inquire as to how it's done. Doesn't happen that often and no one really thinks it's a big deal.

saga @ Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:25 am

ya ... and just who is flaunting the law a bit here any way?

... all of us ... lol

RUEZ @ Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:41 am

saga saga:

I flaunt the law, and the law won.

saga @ Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:22 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
saga saga:

I flaunt the law, and the law won.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

thefactremains @ Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:46 pm

themasta themasta:
I bet it's because nobody knows the specifics of the law and the Indians abuse that lack of knowledge. The clerk doesn't want to not accept the treaty card (he'd be labelled a racist or something) so he takes it and docks the tax to avoid trouble that doesn't really exist. Basically, this is another example of Indians screwing the Canadian government and the taxpayer at large. As for the Indians in B.C., things are probably different, all I know is what I have seen and that is well and good enough for me. As for you being an Indian, congratulations, you won the raffle. A free ride, all the helping hands you could possibly want from the government and the guilt of a nation for a perceived slight against your people. How does it feel to be a "victim"? Lucrative?
just pay your rent and s*** the F*** up

ziggy @ Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:36 am

Well it's good to see Milton trying to do things through the right channels,one only has to think back some years to know what the "born with a tooth" name was in the media for.

He's right about the reserve,it's major poverty and still looks like a dump. Even though you can still get cheap gas and smokes there, not much has changed in 20 years. The reserve he is talking about is in Brocket which only fame is a comedy tape called Brocket99. Lots of corruption within the reserve,not allways whitey ripping of the natives.

Tricks @ Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:41 am

thefactremains thefactremains:
themasta themasta:
I bet it's because nobody knows the specifics of the law and the Indians abuse that lack of knowledge. The clerk doesn't want to not accept the treaty card (he'd be labelled a racist or something) so he takes it and docks the tax to avoid trouble that doesn't really exist. Basically, this is another example of Indians screwing the Canadian government and the taxpayer at large. As for the Indians in B.C., things are probably different, all I know is what I have seen and that is well and good enough for me. As for you being an Indian, congratulations, you won the raffle. A free ride, all the helping hands you could possibly want from the government and the guilt of a nation for a perceived slight against your people. How does it feel to be a "victim"? Lucrative?
just pay your rent and s*** the F*** up
You bleeped Shut? LOL

themasta @ Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am

Persiana Persiana:
Given that I'm the one who knows the law & you're the one who brayed your ignorance all through this thread, I can't say I'm feeling too much like the victim here. I'm also educated enough on the facts of history to know the events which have led us to where we are today, (still hashing out treaty negotiations etc) and I am also aware that the people of society today are not the people who originally made this a problem.

As for a free ride? LOL Are you kidding me? If I chose to live on reserve then yes, maybe, but I don't so I pay taxes and work and pay rent, and all that just the same as you.

As far as nobody knowing the specifics of the law, before you go on about how Indians must be abusing it, take a moment to consider that perhaps there's a few of them that don't know the law as well. In regards to the clerks not wanting to appear racist, I've had clerks appear racist for things that they SHOULD accept the fact that I have status for.... most glaring example, my medicare coverage.

I get that you only know what you've seen, but understand that what you've seen is not "everywhere in Canada" and don't try to say that it is.

I don't know about that. If I had a card that got me things tax free, you can sure as shit bet on me knowing exactly where I could use it. I'd expect most Indians to be very up to date on laws pertaining to them as they directly affect their livelyhood. People often know the most about the things that matter to them. Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume that most Indians would have a pretty good working knowledge of their treaty (if they have one) or other laws pertaining to them (like the Indian Act) if for no other reason than to complain about them. A farmer knows the weather, an Indian knows his treaty rights.

saga @ Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:02 pm

themasta themasta:
Persiana Persiana:
Given that I'm the one who knows the law & you're the one who brayed your ignorance all through this thread, I can't say I'm feeling too much like the victim here. I'm also educated enough on the facts of history to know the events which have led us to where we are today, (still hashing out treaty negotiations etc) and I am also aware that the people of society today are not the people who originally made this a problem.

As for a free ride? LOL Are you kidding me? If I chose to live on reserve then yes, maybe, but I don't so I pay taxes and work and pay rent, and all that just the same as you.

As far as nobody knowing the specifics of the law, before you go on about how Indians must be abusing it, take a moment to consider that perhaps there's a few of them that don't know the law as well. In regards to the clerks not wanting to appear racist, I've had clerks appear racist for things that they SHOULD accept the fact that I have status for.... most glaring example, my medicare coverage.

I get that you only know what you've seen, but understand that what you've seen is not "everywhere in Canada" and don't try to say that it is.

I don't know about that. If I had a card that got me things tax free, you can sure as shit bet on me knowing exactly where I could use it. I'd expect most Indians to be very up to date on laws pertaining to them as they directly affect their livelyhood. People often know the most about the things that matter to them. Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume that most Indians would have a pretty good working knowledge of their treaty (if they have one) or other laws pertaining to them (like the Indian Act) if for no other reason than to complain about them. A farmer knows the weather, an Indian knows his treaty rights.

them(what is asta) ... you mixed up dood!
SHE knows her rights. Some clerks don't.
Some laws CHANGE. That one changed a while back.
Tax free on their land reserves only.

Previous  1  2  3  4