Canada Kicks Ass
12 year old girl stabbed in the face

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

GerryHurt @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:19 pm

lily lily:
Josephine has a point though, stratos. Kids today, and especially girls, are inundated with images sexualizing young women. Look at the clothes available in stores such as La Senza Girl (geared for kids 4-16). The outfits for even the youngest girls are what I would consider inappropriate. The underwear? Most are cute, but does a 5 year old really need a pair of panties with "purrr" emblazoned on them?

SO...I assume you don't shop at those stores AND you have let your daughter know that it is inapropriate for her to shop there OR to wear that type of clothing.

Kids are "inundated" because parents buy the crap and allow their children to buy the crap. If there wasn't a market...... there wouldn't be a product.

Blue_Nose @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:21 pm

Sometimes you can't stop your five-year old from shopping on her own... maybe she tells you she's going to play hopscotch, but really, she's going to 'La Senza Girl' to buy underwear.

stratos @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:27 pm

"I find it hard to take your outrage at the behaviour of young girls seriously when the photo we all see beside your name is a half-naked woman."

This is the line I refer to when I say ridicule... maybe I'm using the wrong word? [huh]

(not trying to be funny here you just have me wondering if there is another word I should be using.) :)

Blue_Nose @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Anyone with any sort of experience at CKA would know that kitty, of all people, isn't the someone that should be singled out as being a poor role model.

Unless kitty is 12 herself, which we all know isn't true, this "point" against her has no merit.

Blue_Nose @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:48 pm

She's not 12, lily. Now you know.

BluesBud @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:51 pm

This is becoming a debate about kitty's avatars. At the risk of sounding like a Mod. Why not open a thread on the issue or better yet let any concern be voiced to the site admin if you take offense.

One would have to sign up as a member to see it. I don't think anybody is being influenced by it. (not seriously at least) All this has come up by a Necro-post of an old story and a thread that has run its course.

Scrappy @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:57 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

Exactly, she should leave her holy than thou attitude at the door. Kitty can have any aviator she wishes without a seperate thread devoted to it. She was attacked without reason or provacation, frankly the "Holy than thou or is that thye" group make me sick.

BluesBud @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Scrappy Scrappy:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

Exactly, she should leave her holy than thou attitude at the door. Kitty can have any aviator she wishes without a seperate thread devoted to it. She was attacked without reason or provacation, frankly the "Holy than thou or is that thye" group make me sick.
Here Here! We are all adults here. Lets act like it.

kitty @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:27 pm

lily lily:
And Blue_Nose.... I'm supposed to take your word for it? Why? Do I know you?

lily, you do not need to know Blue_Nose... you know me.
You have seen me and i know how.

kitty @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:39 pm

Josephine Josephine:
Kitty:

I find it hard to take your outrage at the behaviour of young girls seriously when the photo we all see beside your name is a half-naked woman. The attitude of young girls about being a "party-girl" and promiscuous is encouraged and perpetuated by other girls or women who are willing to be sexualized or to degrade women in general. We all have a social responsibility towards our youth to teach them how to behave and respect themselves. Parents need to step up and watch their children and take responsibility for them, but society and especially women need to stand up and be role models our children can be proud of.

On this forum, it's really not my job to be a role model for anyone. i use sexy images as my avatars strictly because i enjoy them ..... sorry!

kitty @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:08 pm

lily lily:
kitty kitty:
lily lily:
And Blue_Nose.... I'm supposed to take your word for it? Why? Do I know you?

lily, you do not need to know Blue_Nose... you know me.
You have seen me and i know how.

I have seen what I assume are pictures of you, and thanks to your "knowing how", no-one else will be able to, unless you want them to.

You're welcome, by the way.

If i remember correctly, i do not have YOU to thank for the heads up. If you were trying to be kind to me, you would have told me yourself... instead all i want to say to you is stop stalking me ...please!

RUEZ @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:25 pm

kitty kitty:
Josephine Josephine:
Kitty:

I find it hard to take your outrage at the behaviour of young girls seriously when the photo we all see beside your name is a half-naked woman. The attitude of young girls about being a "party-girl" and promiscuous is encouraged and perpetuated by other girls or women who are willing to be sexualized or to degrade women in general. We all have a social responsibility towards our youth to teach them how to behave and respect themselves. Parents need to step up and watch their children and take responsibility for them, but society and especially women need to stand up and be role models our children can be proud of.

On this forum, it's really not my job to be a role model for anyone. i use sexy images as my avatars strictly because i enjoy them ..... sorry!
R=UP And I for one, enjoy them immensely. Let the parents decide what is good for their children, it's not anyones job here. Should every adult stop smoking so they don't set a bad example for children?

crystalsm @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:33 pm

kitty kitty:
Josephine Josephine:
Kitty:

Plus, really... your avatars are pretty tame compared to some of the pictures in the image gallery, or some of the threads that are created.

RUEZ @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:22 pm

lily lily:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Should every adult stop smoking so they don't set a bad example for children?

I wish my Mum would have.
After I wrote that, I kinda thought ya they should. But I was to lazy to think of a different example. Sue me.

wildrosegirl @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:45 pm

stratos stratos:
WDHIII WDHIII:
Josephine Josephine:
Kitty:

Necro or not.....

My how RIGHTEOUS of you.... and with a whole 2 posts under your belt too. :roll:

You hit the nail on the head and then left it hanging.... IF the parents are doing their jobs then young girls WOULDNT BE "encouraged" by the "other women who are willing to be sexualized or to degrade women in general". I realize its hard to watch them 24/7 and its all around them but steps can be taken.

The fact that you had to point out the "photo" to "make your point" is NOTHING... I repeat NOTHING compared to parents allowing a 12 year old out at that time of night. IF she was supposed to be at a friends house this SHOULD have been confirmed.

I guess as a "non-parent" some may say I dont have a right but I'm SICK and TIRED of parents blaming "society"..... :roll:

R=UP

Third.

AND, just for the record - extended family and good friends play a significant role through the child rearing years. No, we parents, can't watch them 24/7. The extra eyes and ears are a much appreciated blessing.
So you DO have a right to comment, WDH.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next