Canada Kicks Ass
Is David Miller Killing Toronto?

zipper @ Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:17 pm

I know those of you from the rest of Canada could careless about Toronto, BUT I do so I'm going to write about it.
The Mayor of Toronto is a puppet for those do gooders and never ending complainers and NDPers. It's never enough for him. He gets money from the Ontario gov't , he complains, he gets money from the Feds he complains. IS it enough money - probably not. But the way he and the other toronto gov't whine and moan will get the people who live here nothing in the future. He raised property tax, he brought in a new land transfer tax, water tax has gone up, and a new garbage tax. Then he spends new found money right away on some artsy fartsy thing that only the so call 'Artists' parents will see. He alway says thie is what the people of Toronto want. Well, Ole baggy eyes, you are way off the mark. And soon the mangling of Toronto will weigh heavy on the sagging double chin of yours.

therookieca @ Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:37 am

I think the problem is Mr. Stupid thinks that what he wants is what Toronto wants and that he really does understand shit of whats going on and he needs to learn how to ask question so he can actually find out what people in Toronot want and also what they need because they have almost no money from all the taxes. If your gonna spend the money get some people off the street.

TrinityJ @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 pm

i wouldnt say the mayor is killing Toronto. Toronto has been doomed for quite some time now. What i can agree on is that spending money on the ROM and the AGO is no good for this city. It may be good from an international perspective. It will put Canada on the culture map, at least for the time being. If we want good art and real culture in this city, we have to be spending it on the lowest tiers of the community, not the professional end. Toronto has become too professional. What happened to embracing the idea of a "city of many neighbourhoods"? What happened to putting money in to art schools and community space? Why do we need a god forsaken TIFF building? what a stupid concept.

DrJones @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:27 pm

The only thing Miller cares about is his own monstrous ego. He will tax this city to death. Just wait; more is coming. And yet, sadly, the "right" in the city can never nominate anyone even remotely competent to take him on.

dino_bobba_renno @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 pm

We're going through the same thing here in Calgary with "Big Bucks Bronco". 25 million for pedestrian bridges designed by Santiago Calatrava, sculptures and paintings for sewage treatment plants, pay raises for all city council, refinishing the board room tables of the top bureaucrats...... the list goes on and on. All in the face of a 25% property tax increase over 3 years.

mtbr @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:07 pm

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
We're going through the same thing here in Calgary with "Big Bucks Bronco". 25 million for pedestrian bridges designed by Santiago Calatrava, sculptures and paintings for sewage treatment plants, pay raises for all city council, refinishing the board room tables of the top bureaucrats...... the list goes on and on. All in the face of a 25% property tax increase over 3 years.

I was just going to post the same thing glad I scrolled to the last post..A photo of David Miller must sit on Bronco's desk :lol:

llama66 @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:10 pm

I don't think he's killing Toronto, but he's not doing what he promised. He's certainly an upgrade from Mayor Mel. Toronto has never had a really good mayor though...

llama66 @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:18 pm

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:

the 25 mil is for the design of two bridges, and the construction of one (which is quite a steal, since Calatrava usually charges 50+ million for one), that stretch of the Bow needs a bridge, as its over 1km from the princess island/curling club bridge to the 10 St LRT/Pedestrian bridge, and as for the public works in and around the city its called city beautification, and it will draw more tourists to the city. Property Taxes in Calgary are amongst the lowest in Canada, and perhaps if Durrer had done some infrastructure construction during his tenure, then Bronco would not have to up the property taxes so much.

bootlegga @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:18 pm

llama66 llama66:
I don't think he's killing Toronto, but he's not doing what he promised. He's certainly an upgrade from Mayor Mel. Toronto has never had a really good mayor though...

No doubt, Lastman was a grade A boob!

CommanderSock @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Want to buy decent subway system not this over sized underground toilet.