Canada Kicks Ass
Part of a zombie story I'm working on

Previous  1  2  3

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:35 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
too late......... Edmonton has already fallen

Not in this story - Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon and some rural areas survive the inital onslaught, while most of the rest of the world is overrun and wiped out.

Wasn't referring to your story......I was talking about the...... :twisted:.... real world

CanadianODST @ Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:42 pm

When this shows up in my local Chapters, I'll pick it up. Great Work!! As a personal fan of zombie novels, this reads well. Another great zombie series is Day by Day Armageddon, zombie apocalypse from the perspective of a guys journal.

commanderkai @ Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Nope, that's one thing that always drives me nuts about zombie novels - the military is either incometent or psychotic.

The CF (and police forces across the nation) are depicted as professionals trying to accomplish a near impossible task, ie save everyone in Canada from a fate worse than death.

Thank God. How...widespread is it? United States as well? Worldwide? I'm guessing you already have a system for how the virus operates, and it's not like the virus in Left 4 Dead(if you played, I'm assuming you know what I mean, if you haven't, the virus in L4D basically can do anything. Be airborne, be spread by touch/contact, be dormant in carriers for however long it wishes...basically adapt to absolutely anything at a whim).

Edit: Well you said huge chunks of the world were already attacked. I'm hoping island cities like Montreal and New York City, as well as PEI/Newfoundland/Vancouver island delay or prevent the virus' spread since they can bottleneck the horde, or destroy bridges/tunnels outright.

bootlegga @ Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:42 am

Yes, the virus is worldwide and unlike most novels that only focus on local events, I give readers a taste of what happens internationally as well- giving snapshots of Europe, Asia, Australia and South America.

PEI does survive the inital onslaught because the CF chooses it as a safe haven and builds multiples barricades on the Confederation Bridge (which are also guarded by troops) and I touch on a few other islands as well. NYC for example survives longer than some other major cities becuase it can isolate itself and possesses larger police/EMT/etc resources than most other cities. In the end though, NYC does get overrun.

As for the rest, well, time will tell.

Here is my cover art;

Book Cover - Version 2 - SMALL - No Text.jpg
Book Cover - Version 2 - SMALL - No Text.jpg [ 221 KiB | Viewed 223 times ]

Previous  1  2  3