Canada Kicks Ass
Looking for Patient/Medical Staff stories RE: Manitoba Healt

patient_advocate @ Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:47 pm

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif] [/font] First post!

I am currently pulling together a monthly publication centred around improving the very sick, Manitoba Health Care system.

I am looking for patient/medical staff stories, such as experiences with our system, questions, frustrations, ideas for improving and pretty much anything health care related.

I have started a blog spot for submissions while I work on other aspects, and would love to have a discussion here at canadaka about this topic. While I have a good feel for this topic, I would love to hear your thoughts.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

stokes @ Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:02 am

I dont live in Manitoba, I live in BC. So let me just say it isnt just Manitoba Health Care that is Messed up BC is pretty fucked up too.

On sunday my wife went into labour, come sunday night she asked for an epideral, she was told no because they couldnt spare a nurse to watch her.....12 hours later they had to do an Emrgency C-Section because she was too tired to push!!!What is the cost of a nurse compared to a surgical procedure????

Sure the majority of Health Care costs come from our taxes so you dont realize how much you pay but in the end you will always pay with pain!!!

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:59 am

Our youngest was born in St. Boniface Hospital. It was a great experience for all concerned. Each room is a private room where the baby is delivered and stays with the mother. Since it is a training hospital, there was no shortage of nurses and/or medical students in and out all the time checking on her. My wife had epidurals for both pregnancies and no complaints. During the last delivery she had her ob-gyn and two foreign doctors (being accredited for Canada) in the room and two nurses. She wanted to know if she could charge admission.