Canada Kicks Ass
Spring is coming in like a lion

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:39 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... itoba.html

Good thing there was SFA for snowfall this winter because with temps like those forecast for the next week(18 by Friday), the floods would be horrendous. Only problem is, if precipitation levels remain the same, the lion's roar will become the roar of forest fires, and many are predicting a hot dry summer. Say hello to higher food prices. The BDI will be going strong ....I really miss their ice cream, especially the Peanut Butter shake. my eldest always got the Goog.

Gunnair @ Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Late winter has been laying into The Island with a big bag of shackles. I'm hoping Spring won't be the same as last year, which was to lay into The Island with a bar of soap in a sock. :(

jeff744 @ Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Am I the only one terrified of what summer will be like for the prairies?

Regina @ Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:24 pm

We're going to mid to upper teens for the rest of the week.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

$1:
The forecasted highs for the next several days in southern Manitoba keep getting raised. Double digit temperatures near 20 C are expected in most places, with many reaching upwards of 22 C to even 24 C by the weekend.
Normal temperatures for this time of year in southern Manitoba are a high of –1 C and low of –11 C.
8O

Start saving your bath water for the gardens, as it looks like a drought is coming.

Brenda @ Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:29 pm

jeff744 jeff744:

Not just for the prairies. For the mountains also. I'm thinking we are going to lose a lot of forest to fires...

jeff744 @ Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Brenda Brenda:
jeff744 jeff744:

Not just for the prairies. For the mountains also. I'm thinking we are going to lose a lot of forest to fires...

Forest fires are generally good, especially in areas where those pine beetles have set up shop. The problem is when those first hit towns and cabins.

Brenda @ Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:44 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
Brenda Brenda:
jeff744 jeff744:

Forest fires are generally good, especially in areas where those pine beetles have set up shop. The problem is when those first hit towns and cabins.

There's so little snow on the mountains here, I'm scared. I hope it's not going to be terribly hot... If it's going to be like last years summer, I'm thinking we're ok. If it gets any hotter, we're going to have a HUGE problem here...

Strutz @ Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 pm

I always have had a link to The Old Farmer's Almanac.

This link is to the page for weather for southern BC (south of Prince George).

According to them (see summary below the March-April detail) a hot dry summer ahead for us.

Note that they indicated below-normal snowfall and above-normal temps for the southern part of BC this past winter. Quite right eh? Unlike the doom-and-gloom we were getting from our local forecasters who said we'd have a harsh winter.

http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/region/ca/5

Brenda @ Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 pm

I remember my neighbour telling me it would be a hot summer last year too and it was far from...

Canadian_Mind @ Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:33 am

How is the almanac always right?

dino_bobba_renno @ Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 am

I think it might be more appropriate to say "Spring is coming in like a fiery phoenix". She's gonna be a bad year for fires if we don't get some precipitation.