Canada Kicks Ass
Why the QLP?

Francois_QC_CA @ Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:05 am

Hello all,

The always tense atmosphere here in QC during the provincial election often puts a cloud on the actual issues that affect everybody here (economy, health, economy). I find reading any of the newspaper forums doesn’t seem to reflect the average person and would like to ask a question.
For as long as I recall, the Anglophones here in QC have voted for the QLP. Can you tell me what the main motivations to vote for this party are?

1 – There’s no other alternative for federalist voters
2 – The QLP program
3 – Strategic vote to prevent PQ to win the elections
4 - Other

I’m just trying to understand the motivation behind the vote. On one hand, I understand the desire to vote for a federalist party and on the other hand, I have a really rough time with the road record of that party. I’m asking because I’ve noticed that amongst my French speaking friends, we actually debate about the left wing vs right, social plan, economy, the debt and I have noticed that with my English speaking friends the debate well… there’s no debate because they just vote QLP and more often than not it will put tension between us.
I’m particularly concerned about the QLP’s intention for the healthcare system and this debate is not happening.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

François

Jabberwalker @ Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Francois_QC_CA Francois_QC_CA:
Hello all,

The always tense atmosphere here in QC during the provincial election often puts a cloud on the actual issues that affect everybody here (economy, health, economy). I find reading any of the newspaper forums doesn’t seem to reflect the average person and would like to ask a question.
For as long as I recall, the Anglophones here in QC have voted for the QLP. Can you tell me what the main motivations to vote for this party are?

1 – There’s no other alternative for federalist voters
2 – The QLP program
3 – Strategic vote to prevent PQ to win the elections
4 - Other

I’m just trying to understand the motivation behind the vote. On one hand, I understand the desire to vote for a federalist party and on the other hand, I have a really rough time with the road record of that party. I’m asking because I’ve noticed that amongst my French speaking friends, we actually debate about the left wing vs right, social plan, economy, the debt and I have noticed that with my English speaking friends the debate well… there’s no debate because they just vote QLP and more often than not it will put tension between us.
I’m particularly concerned about the QLP’s intention for the healthcare system and this debate is not happening.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

François

Other: They have been mad at the Liberals since Robert Bourassa's time because he started the punitive language laws with Bill 22.