Canada Kicks Ass
Re-evaluating where my money goes

Previous  1  2  3  Next

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:44 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
herbie herbie:
Did this kid attack you personally

Yes. By first names and in the mistaken assumption that we'd never see this.

Damn dude! If someone I disliked were paying my way through college, the only thing I'd say about them is 'thank you'.

Another case of why I don't understand this new generation doing stupid things, then posting them up for everyone to see for all time. That needs to stop. Now Emo tattoo piercing chick knows why.

Only sad part is that it will affect her the rest of her life. But betrayal is like that.

herbie @ Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 am

And then begs for another cheque? NnnDUH... little bitch!
Reminds me of my own son during his teen asshole stage. Wanted to borrow $20 the day before payday and I only had $10, went into this tirade how I was "just cheap"... got a cuff in the head for his troubles and told to use his brain. How can I give you more than I've got and how do you think calling someone names makes them want to do things for you? SMEKK... DUHHH

BartSimpson @ Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Damn dude! If someone I disliked were paying my way through college, the only thing I'd say about them is 'thank you'.

Another case of why I don't understand this new generation doing stupid things, then posting them up for everyone to see for all time. That needs to stop. Now Emo tattoo piercing chick knows why.

Only sad part is that it will affect her the rest of her life. But betrayal is like that.

I would hope that this will be an object lesson for her but I suspect it will be some years before she gains wisdom from this experience...if ever.

@ Herbie:

You're right that some people don't understand how they're not supposed to be rude with the people they want to get something from. All I can wonder with such folks is how often someone at a restaurant has spit in their food. :idea:

housewife @ Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:36 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
herbie herbie:
Did this kid attack you personally

Yes. By first names and in the mistaken assumption that we'd never see this.

Well that makes it worse. No wonder you guys are upset. That must have been devastating. I completely understand why you're feeling put apon. People are idiots and trust is hard to come by to attack you like that is unforgivable.

My advice is to forget about them all and take your Mrs off on a holiday and enjoy yourselves. People like that aren't worth remembering or thinking about. Yeah I know easier said than done.

That said I don't drink (and not for any of the usual reasons) but I would buy you a beer and enjoy a chat.

BartSimpson @ Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks! I'd be happy to drink that beer with you! [BB]

Strutz @ Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Well Bart, it seemed to me that you've been a little more emotional lately in your posts and now I can understand why.

Being betrayed sucks. I went though a tough time not that long ago dealing with a long-term friend who betrayed me after I helped her out (shocked the hell out of me I tell you) and now the friendship really does not exist anymore.

Like DrC said, if anyone had offered to put me through college I would have been grateful! I was on my own at 17, going to high school, working nights and paying rent. Graduating high school simply meant I had more availability to work and I have basically worked full time ever since.

I do not necessarily agree with your political views but I certainly don't have bad feelings towards you because of it. We have been on the same page of thought in many other areas of discussion.

Hyack @ Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Money and friendship, two entities that never seem to go hand in hand. I lent my best friend $500 to help him out in some tough times, ends up he used the money to get into the drug trade.... 6 months later he asked for another $1,000 to help pay for his wedding. He then got busted for dealing pot, fined and released. His wife, who he told the story to decided he had no responsibility to repay either loan. A 15 year friendship down the tubes, I haven't spoken to either one of them in over 25 years now!!

JaredMilne @ Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:42 am

It sucks that you had to put up with this Bart, especially from an ungrateful little snot who thinks they can insult and attack you personally and still be entitled to your money!

Like other posters have said, I disagree with some of your political leanings. However, I still respect and admire you for being a straight shooter, and for having put your own neck on the line in the way some of these protesters never will-from everything I can see, you did your brothers and sisters in uniform proud. I still remember the upvote you gave me for talking about my late Grandpa-that meant a lot, believe me.

Voting for Trump, when the alternative is Clinton? That's perfectly understandable-he actually promised to do something about NAFTA, and he tapped into the feelings of a lot of people who get accused of everything from being small-minded to selfish.

And we can only get an imperfect understanding of each other from what we see on the Internet-I never knew about your charitable and other financial support of people who could benefit from the money, and that says a lot about you as a person. You talk about Christianity-you're showing you love thy neighbour and support them, which is exactly what Christ was talking about!

Whatever else happens, Bart, know that you're one of us and you're not alone. :mrgreen:

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:53 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
A couple years ago we got to see a wholesome, sandy-haired Christian girl go off to college and this last June the tattooed, pierced, jet-black haired, snarling activist who took her place bitterly denounced us because we were conservatives and we were supporting Trump.

This was done on Periscope and she didn't expect me to find that particular video. |

Maybe you actually did this self entitled child and the rest of us a favour. If it was me, I'd say say you did because, anyone so thick as to not understand that there are consequences for their actions especially when they post those actions, vitriol and all on social media is probably not suited to get a proper education and use it in the future to create a better life for themselves.

IMO all you did was save yourself some time, money and future emotional blackmail because what happened is called Karma and given the fact that she chose her path not you, it means there was nothing you or your wife could have done to change it. So, don't beat yourself up over this, period. You did your best and it's all on her. I just hope she got enough of that subsidized university education to be articulate enough to ask people "do you want fries with that" because if you'd have continued to subsidize this girl you'd have been pissing good money after bad. [B-o]

desertdude @ Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Now tell me this, should I hate you? You have more than once wished death on everybody who have the same beliefs as me, so obviously that also includes me, wished total destruction in the region I live in, which would also again include me. This is just a tiny bit of abuse and hate hurled at me from you, even if indirectly.

So once again should I hate you? I'll answer that, I most probably should, but I don't, you are a product of your own circumstances you need guidance more than hate, but I can tell you this, I would never want to be friends with you, or ever want to meet you in real life, this little connection via CKA is as far I would ever want to take it with you. Can you blame me, for nothing wanting to be buds with someone who wants to kill me and my entire family and 80% of all the people I've ever known.

So maybe its just Karma, for all the hate you direct towards others, its come full circle.

P.S : Feel free to pass on some more red squares, it might make you feel a little better :D

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 am

The sound of silence.

BartSimpson @ Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:15 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Now tell me this, should I hate you? You have more than once wished death on everybody who have the same beliefs as me, so obviously that also includes me, wished total destruction in the region I live in, which would also again include me. This is just a tiny bit of abuse and hate hurled at me from you, even if indirectly.

So once again should I hate you? I'll answer that, I most probably should, but I don't, you are a product of your own circumstances you need guidance more than hate, but I can tell you this, I would never want to be friends with you, or ever want to meet you in real life, this little connection via CKA is as far I would ever want to take it with you. Can you blame me, for nothing wanting to be buds with someone who wants to kill me and my entire family and 80% of all the people I've ever known.

So maybe its just Karma, for all the hate you direct towards others, its come full circle.

P.S : Feel free to pass on some more red squares, it might make you feel a little better :D

That you would never be my friend is of no consequence to me.

From your koran, the 51st verse of chapter 5:

$1:
O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are in fact allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you – then indeed, he is one of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

Public_Domain @ Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:26 pm

My thoughts:

You gambled with your money and hoped it would pay off ideologically. You hoped simple money would create loyal and unthreatening dependents. But it doesn't. It was a shitty gamble to assume people don't change.

Frankly I don't see any reason why it would be wrong for you to disconnect from those speaking ill of you. It was right to cease sending money to the college kids.

I don't care to call folks ungrateful, because like I said there is a lack of altruism in your calculation for why to invest money in poor people. But I don't think they should have continued to take your money if they had gotten so opposed to you. That is some dumb and entitled mentality that they'll need to have cleared out of their system, and hopefully this event hwlps that hardening along. This should be a lesson these new activists take to heart; don't let people own them and their interests, or they'll be even less free than they already are. Don't owe the ones who hate you.

The idea that it's taking money from a sucker is far outweighed by the reality that it's chain money, intent on keeping you passive, unthreatening, and docile, and taking it forbids your ability to have an opinion.

You accuse me of cowardace on the matter, but this is why I don't want your tainted money for any of my projects, and why in general I don't ask for money or accept large "gifts" from others period. Because you expect something out of it that I have no intention of giving you: subservience.

BartSimpson @ Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
My thoughts:

You gambled with your money and hoped it would pay off ideologically. You hoped simple money would create loyal and unthreatening dependents. But it doesn't. It was a shitty gamble to assume people don't change.

Um, no. I was just trying to help someone I thought was a nice kid to get through college knowing I'd probably never see her again after graduation.

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
Frankly I don't see any reason why it would be wrong for you to disconnect from those speaking ill of you. It was right to cease sending money to the college kids.

I don't care to call folks ungrateful, because like I said there is a lack of altruism in your calculation for why to invest money in poor people. But I don't think they should have continued to take your money if they had gotten so opposed to you. That is some dumb and entitled mentality that they'll need to have cleared out of their system, and hopefully this event hwlps that hardening along. This should be a lesson these new activists take to heart; don't let people own them and their interests, or they'll be even less free than they already are. Don't owe the ones who hate you.

The idea that it's taking money from a sucker is far outweighed by the reality that it's chain money, intent on keeping you passive, unthreatening, and docile, and taking it forbids your ability to have an opinion.

You accuse me of cowardace on the matter, but this is why I don't want your tainted money for any of my projects, and why in general I don't ask for money or accept large "gifts" from others period. Because you expect something out of it that I have no intention of giving you: subservience.

The first time I offered you money ($1,000) it wasn't to help you, it was to help the homeless people of Edmonton. You were just the means of getting it to them.

The second time I offered you money it was to pay your way to the protest in North Dakota in the sincere hope that you'd either get arrested, deported, or disillusioned by the reality on the ground.

In neither case did I expect a 'thank you' nor did I expect you to owe me anything.

Frankly, I fully expected you to continue to talk shit about me and I would have been disappointed had you done otherwise.

Public_Domain @ Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Edmonton?

Whatever your argument and conviction on the idea of gifting money to me or others be, the reality is that it represents a dependent contract that I don't like to facilitate and I'd hope those with similar stances as me, like possibly the college girl who fell from grace, would take up a similar revulsion. It's healthier.

It's like getting a gun kicked to your feet and being told to pick it up. No thanks.

Previous  1  2  3  Next