Canada Kicks Ass
Why Is Conservative Comedy So… Not Very Good?

Previous  1  2

Thanos @ Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:46 pm

The worst part was watching when Miller would go on the Bill O'Reilly show back when the war was in full swing and they'd engage in some ridiculous "ha ha, John Kerry wants all our soldiers to die & Saddam to win!" clown act. It got pretty disgusting at times.

DrCaleb @ Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:53 am

Scape Scape:
Tribalism

R=UP

Scape Scape:
As to the chicken and egg of your question, does it matter as the end result is the same? Zealots.

It matters. If we are to reverse the trend, we need to know the cause.

xerxes @ Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:08 pm

JaredMilne @ Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:03 pm

Question, then-would South Park be considered conservative comedy? I know there was a trend a while back for people to call themselves 'South Park Conservatives', and Trey Parker and Matt Stone have talked about how much they "hate liberals". They've also ripped on cancel culture with the character of PC Principal, and Eric Cartman is almost deliberately designed to wind up progressives.

xerxes @ Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Matt and Trey are equal opportunity offenders IMO.

DrCaleb @ Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:54 pm

I'm with Xerxes. Cartman may wind up progressives, but he does it by parodying the right wing. They offend the right as much as the left. :)

Scape @ Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:56 pm

With Trump being the black hole of ID that nearly broke them.

Scape @ Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:56 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Case in point.

bootlegga @ Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:35 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I'm with Xerxes. Cartman may wind up progressives, but he does it by parodying the right wing. They offend the right as much as the left. :)

Stephen Colbert built a career and made a fortune doing the exact same thing with the 'Colbert Report'.

Previous  1  2