Canada Kicks Ass
Does the Bible contradicts itself?

1  2  3  Next

Biblical_Christian @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:00 am

Where? Scriptures please.

Banff @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:37 am

No I don't believe so because it moves through all events ...don't spill your drink on that concordance you have handy :wink: If you were to ask me about dates and times well thats another issue ...and miracles ...all explainable in which many of those have not yet been explained but enough for me to know that one day we will all know the truth . I also couldn't tell you where in the bible we all are too many say we are in revelations but I still see alot of people stuck in Kings 1 and 2 and in some ways everybody. Sounds like a contradiction but its not for me .

Blue_Nose @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:54 am

http://www.google.com/search?q=biblical+contradictions

Biblical_Christian @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:11 am

Good one, Blue_nose. I will get back on you on this. I promise. I have to weigh my response so I don't incriminate myself. I know I'm not under Oath. But I would like to believe I am.

northstar @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:32 am

THE BIBLE DOESN'T HOWEVER HUMANS DO...AND THAT GOES FOR THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS...IF YOU LOOK AT THE PSALMS FOR EXAMPLE THERE IS A DIFFERENCE DEPENDING ON WHICH VERSION YOU READ. I just found this by chance, because l love to collect old books and l picked up a few old weathered bibles, l checked out the psalms one day when l was looking for inspiration and found the quote about the North Wind blowing away the evil, then l went to look for the quote again and picked up a different version, the north wind reference was different, completely different....

xerxes @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:34 am

Those sort of things are determined by which translation you read and what that translation used as its source material.

But yeah, the Bible is rife with internal contradictions and is in need of a good editor.

Banff @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:51 am

I see an awful lot of misunderstanding in that link .

Forinstance heres the very first one in the list written just the way it is ...

God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

geez I suppose if you have dogs , feed them take care of them , take them to the vet , get dental work done on your dog when it needs it , and you're just all round tender in all your mercys with the dogs I guess when the dogs pack and and start biting kids then people , police , the SPCA won't have too many mercys on them heck Kennel them and let them tear each other apart , I guess its not hard to say that you're destroying them by letting them do this when you could seperate them .They'll probably bite and attack kids again maybe they should be put down ? I dunno contradiction or no contradiction ?

PluggyRug @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:55 am

Banff Banff:
No I don't believe so because it moves through all events ...don't spill your drink on that concordance you have handy :wink: If you were to ask me about dates and times well thats another issue ...and miracles ...all explainable in which many of those have not yet been explained but enough for me to know that one day we will all know the truth . I also couldn't tell you where in the bible we all are too many say we are in revelations but I still see alot of people stuck in Kings 1 and 2 and in some ways everybody. Sounds like a contradiction but its not for me .

Well Banff..I already know the truth, couldn't wait you know.

For $500.00 I will also let you know.

PluggyRug @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:56 am

Contradictions in a work of fiction have little or no meaning.

Banff @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:15 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Banff Banff:

Well Banff..I already know the truth, couldn't wait you know.

For $500.00 I will also let you know.

If you want to offer $500.00 bucks the game is on :wink:If you want to play reality and common sense lets do it above is a nice little conrtadiction and it happens to be the first one . Propheticly speaking if you're wise enough neither you or I will be the winner.

Arctic_Menace @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:03 pm

$1:
Where? Scriptures please.

You seem to know the bible better than any of us, so why don't you tell us?

Arctic_Menace @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:07 pm

$1:
But yeah, the Bible is rife with internal contradictions and is in need of a good editor.

Any religious text is rife with contradictions. Hinduism, Jainism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, etc.

Clogeroo @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Whether the bible is true or not or whether God exists or doesn't in many ways it is irrelevant. If God was somehow proved tomorrow to be false you think everyone is going to suddenly give up his or her religion or even stop following the bible or stop believing in a higher power? For many it is a way of life like those who drink their coffee every morning or those who do their yoga routine. It is what people do and many still will go to church that Sunday despite knowing God is a farce. God is a way for people to reach out to others and their community and to better themselves. It is also used for salvation and the healing of others and also gives hope to those that need it the most. Regardless of being non-fiction or fiction the bible still teaches many good lessons for people to follow or to learn from that is why it is one of the oldest and most printed books of all time.

Blue_Nose @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
Whether the bible is true or not or whether God exists or doesn't in many ways it is irrelevant. If God was somehow proved tomorrow to be false you think everyone is going to suddenly give up his or her religion or even stop following the bible or stop believing in a higher power? For many it is a way of life like those who drink their coffee every morning or those who do their yoga routine. It is what people do and many still will go to church that Sunday despite knowing God is a farce. God is a way for people to reach out to others and their community and to better themselves. It is also used for salvation and the healing of others and also gives hope to those that need it the most. Regardless of being non-fiction or fiction the bible still teaches many good lessons for people to follow or to learn from that is why it is one of the oldest and most printed books of all time.
That is a very responsible, and valid opinion of religion - I agree with it in its entirety. R=UP

Arctic_Menace @ Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:59 pm

$1:

Nice post man. :wink:

1  2  3  Next