Canada Kicks Ass
How did Jesus refer to God

Previous  1  2  3

martin14 @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
Religion is taught. We are not wired to be religious.

Religion isn't a natural course of the human race. There are far more non-religious people than you think.

It's precisely why churches all over Canada are closing by the hundreds, each year.

Humans don't need something to believe in, they are taught that they should believe in a certain God, but they need to belong and if that means a church or a community organization, they can fulfill that need in many ways.

Churches have been replaced by the God of Money.

Belonging has been replaced by the God of Xbox and TV.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:55 pm

People believe lots of things that are totally fictional.

Horoscopes are believed by millions of people. Lots of people believe in aliens. Lots of people believe in vast, right wing conspiracies.

Now amplify that to a devout belief that takes on a dogmatic structure.

The 'official story' of the Holocaust is a religion. Want proof?

Here's a verifiable fact: The Germans never made soap out of Jewish people.

Here's another fact: It's a crime to say this in Germany because in their official canon of the Holocaust the Germans DID render Jewish people into soap.

It is a devoutly held and utterly unfounded religious belief.

There are people who religiously buy lottery tickets. They religiously attend hockey games. They religiously vote Liberal in the unfounded belief that Liberals will make Canada a free country.

Ya' with me yet?

Coach85 @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:35 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
People believe lots of things that are totally fictional.

Horoscopes are believed by millions of people. Lots of people believe in aliens. Lots of people believe in vast, right wing conspiracies.

Now amplify that to a devout belief that takes on a dogmatic structure.

The 'official story' of the Holocaust is a religion. Want proof?

Here's a verifiable fact: The Germans never made soap out of Jewish people.

Here's another fact: It's a crime to say this in Germany because in their official canon of the Holocaust the Germans DID render Jewish people into soap.

It is a devoutly held and utterly unfounded religious belief.

There are people who religiously buy lottery tickets. They religiously attend hockey games. They religiously vote Liberal in the unfounded belief that Liberals will make Canada a free country.

Ya' with me yet?

I'm with you.

However, bastardizing the term religion is what you're doing and what we as humans have done with the term.

To me, religion is all about faith and the belief in a higher power.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
I'm with you.

However, bastardizing the term religion is what you're doing and what we as humans have done with the term.

To me, religion is all about faith and the belief in a higher power.

I'm not at all insulting what religion is to you. I'm just pointing out that people who say that they're "not religious" are just not into traditional religion and that they've replaced a faith in (insert name here) with a faith in something else.

It's still religious belief and once they assert a common or shared dogma then it becomes a shared religion.

Coach85 @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:08 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I'm not at all insulting what religion is to you. I'm just pointing out that people who say that they're "not religious" are just not into traditional religion and that they've replaced a faith in (insert name here) with a faith in something else.

The heart and basis of the word "religion" are the belief in a higher being.

Having 'faith' in a hockey team doesn't make one religious.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
It's still religious belief and once they assert a common or shared dogma then it becomes a shared religion.

Again, you're bastardizing the term. A religious belief is a belief in a higher power.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:34 pm

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

So I don't care if you attend the Church of Our Blessed Mother of Assumption or the Church of Anthropogenic Global Warming, if you have an unfounded belief replete with a shared dogma then you're religious.

That's how it works.

Previous  1  2  3