Canada Kicks Ass
Is Heaven and HELL Buncha baloney?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 13  Next

Blue_Nose @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:30 pm

Job 38:4-7: "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?"

Doesn't sound like God knew the Earth was round. Cornerstone, God? What a dumbass.

A_M, you're sounding just as bad with your voodoo karma bullshit.

Biblical_Christian @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Whats your interpretation of a foundation? Blue_nose? Surely you don't mean a House foundation.

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:34 pm

$1:
You're right. It's far better to base one's whole belief system on something 4 guys (who don't know each other) told you.

That makes so much more sense.

Now I'm not saying that. If I were taking Buddha's writings as my way to life to the strictest possible level and get all my answers from his writings and teachings...Well, I wouldn't be a veyr good Buddhist now, would I?

And I do not solely base my belief on what four guys told me, that would be naive. :roll:

I just find it to be impractical and illogical that you would get one chance at life in all of history and eternity, spend eternity in one of two boring places, while never really learning any new lessons or values along the way. One cannot achieve enlightenment that way. One must experience everything and come to understand, in order to truly free your mind and achieve enlightenment.

Taking the Bible for thr truth is stupid. I'd say the same about any religious book. Sure, ti's got a lot of good ideas and can teach us a fair bit about life, but they should not be trusted above your own common thinking. This is what Buddhism is supposed to be about; finding your own path to enlightenment by challenging everything adn trying to understand as much as possible.

Blue_Nose @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:38 pm

lily lily:
Cornerstone is also a synonym for "foundation".
A cornerstone is a stone at the corner of two walls. It has nothing to do with the foundation.

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:40 pm

$1:
I'm sure it is.

I'm also sure it will hold up to the scientific standards you're demanding from others.

:roll:

Have you been reading this thread and the others this person has been posting in? All it is is Bible this, adn bible that, it annoys the hell out of me.

$1:
Good Dodge. On that one Arctic. Dodge me, dodge you, dodge me, dodge you, just comment on the topic please. Thats what the forums are about.It's called dialogue.

*slaps hand to forehead and rubs...*

$1:
A_M, you're sounding just as bad with your voodoo karma bullshit.

??? :?

Not sure what you mean by that... :?

Blue_Nose @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:40 pm

Biblical_Christian Biblical_Christian:
Whats your interpretation of a foundation? Blue_nose? Surely you don't mean a House foundation.
Why does God think the Earth has 'footings'?

I'm not the one trying to rationalize or interpret scripture, you are.

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:42 pm

$1:
I have read lotta books, I don't read only the Bible. Nice try anyways.

The point I'm trying to make is that you should at least try to post bits of information for your argument that do not come from the Bible.

Also, not to ask others for evidence when you shot your mouth off first. I myself could also benefit from trying to do this...

Blue_Nose @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:43 pm

But hey, let's hear more about what God has to say about the universe:

Job 38:16: "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?

Job 38:22-23: Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail, which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle?

Springs of the sea? Storehouses of the snow?

Face it - if you believe in God, he's a moron.

Biblical_Christian @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:44 pm

Hebrew translation;

7896 shiyth sheeth a primitive root; to place (in a very wide application):--apply, appoint.349 makown maw-kone' from 3559; properly, a fixture, i.e. a basis; generally a place, especially as an abode:--foundation, habitation, (dwelling-, settled) place. As you can see the english translation are a bit different, reason being, the holy Bible was written thru jewish culture thats just the way God chose to present it to the world. So the Hebrew definitions are very accurate. There is a different meanings when You go the hebrew meaning. Which is the true interpratations, take for example the word HEED, to us that would mean, remember what I am saying, right? But if use the same word in Hebrew it means, to obey.

Blue_Nose @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:46 pm

lily lily:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
lily lily:
Cornerstone is also a synonym for "foundation".
A cornerstone is a stone at the corner of two walls. It has nothing to do with the foundation.

You need a better dictionary. Those kiddy ones with one meaning per word just don't cut it for a guy your age. ;)
Fortunately, I know what a cornerstone is, and didn't have to consult the thesaurus. A cornerstone is not a foundation - one is a part of a wall, and the other supports a wall.

Maybe God was trying to be all poetic about showing up Job.

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:46 pm

$1:
But it still boils down to you believing something on little more than faith.

That's something you're critical of others for, but whatever works for you.

I know that. Faith is a fickle thing. I'm critical of the fact that person is a sheep who is programmed to respond with the Bible. I'd be critical of anyone who did this in any religion, including myself.

If I've given the wrong impression, then I'm sorry, but for pete's sake; think about it rather than quoting someone else's words. If I ever start going on: "Well, Buddha said that..." I want everyone to slap me...

Biblical_Christian @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:47 pm

That last post was regarding Foundation.

Biblical_Christian @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:47 pm

You don't believe there is springs in the sea? Where have you been ? At the moon/

Biblical_Christian @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:48 pm

thx lily, you are truly a blessing.

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:51 pm

$1:
Just because I find someone annoying doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong.... nor does it mean I cxan heap scorn on them for doing something I'm doing myself.

Just thought I'd point that out.

I know that. I know that I'm pretty fucking hypocritical a lot of the time.

Hell, I don't know if Buddhism is right or if Christianity is right or if Zoroastrianism is right, I won't know until I'm dead. In the meantime, I'll choose what feels right for me. I ahve no problesm with Biblical Christian doing that aswell, but to trumpet about saying that yours is right and infallable, is just plain stupid. :roll:

I don't have a problem with faith, I just ahve a problem with people claiming that one faith is mroe "true" or "right" than another...

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 13  Next