Canada Kicks Ass
No summer jobs for you and other decrees from Bishop Trudeau

1  2  3  4  5  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:23 am

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mur ... op-trudeau

BeaverFever @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:29 am

Why should people who oppose women’s reproductive rights be treated any differently any differently than people who oppose other constitutional rights?

At least conservatives can take some solace in the fact this will also exclude many Muslim groups

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Why should people who oppose women’s reproductive rights be treated any differently any differently than people who oppose other constitutional rights?

Because there are 2 different understandings of the word "Rights".

There's the understanding of universal rights that says there are innate rights written into the universe. People are born with them.

$1:
~ We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ~

Then there are what Progressives call rights. Those are just things governments or whatever the fancy is of the Progressive agenda on a particular week decide to call "rights."

(For example, I think forcing others to recognize you as “ey” or “ze” or whatever gender you decide you are today is called a right by Beave's people. Was last week, anyway.)

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:32 pm

And then there's the obvious argument.

If Life is a "right," when does it begin? What happens when the right to life interferes with what Beave and his Feves want to call "reproductive rights?"

herbie @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:18 pm

And who are you to define what rights are for women? Or to declare a woman's right to choose is 'Progressive'. It's not 1910 anymore where you get to tell all of them what to do.

No public funding to promote religious beliefs. Period.

Thanos @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:27 pm

There's at least two places in the world where stomping out women's rights in the name of religion is held in the highest regard. One is in any Muslim country on the planet. The other is Red State America circa 2018. Pretty sure that the resident MAGAs around here would be perfectly comfortable in either locale, more comfortable than in Canada anyway.

BeaverFever @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:33 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Because there are 2 different understandings of the word "Rights".

There's the understanding of universal rights that says there are innate rights written into the universe. People are born with them.

$1:
~ We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ~

Then there are what Progressives call rights. Those are just things governments or whatever the fancy is of the Progressive agenda on a particular week decide to call "rights."

(For example, I think forcing others to recognize you as “ey” or “ze” or whatever gender you decide you are today is called a right by Beave's people. Was last week, anyway.)

So first of all you take an AMERICAN quote, and next I suppose since it only says MEN are created equal you assume it doesn’t apply to women I suppose? ;)

BeaverFever @ Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
And then there's the obvious argument.

If Life is a "right," when does it begin? What happens when the right to life interferes with what Beave and his Feves want to call "reproductive rights?"

Those questions have already been figured out a long time ago. If you’re trying to re-litgate the legality of abortion, you’re about a half-century too late.

CharlesAnthony @ Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 am

Why should people who want to work for government be treated any differently any differently than farm animals?

BartSimpson @ Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
So first of all you take an AMERICAN quote, and next I suppose since it only says MEN are created equal you assume it doesn’t apply to women I suppose? ;)

I suppose you're still beating your boyfriend? :?:

Seriously, this is an example of your style of communication that I truly detest. You make shit up about someone and then you expect them to defend it which helps to deflect from the topic at hand.

Knock it off.

BartSimpson @ Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 am

On topic: If Trudeau wants a litmus test for anyone working for government then he needs to appreciate that when a Conservative eventually takes office that Trudeau is setting the precedent for the Conservative to do the same thing.

Thanos @ Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:47 am

Dunno, man. There's enough constitutional literalists in your country who exactly would use the precise wording of the foundational documents to strip women of all rights. Take a look at what too many of the alt-Reich types say about women. Most of them think that females are too stupid and that they think "wrong" and at a minimum shouldn't be allowed to vote.

This isn't the kinder, gentler old-school misogyny from the days of chivalry. This is a group of politically active men who think taking away all rights from anyone they don't like is the best thing that could ever happen.

herbie @ Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am

$1:
setting the precedent for the Conservative to do the same thing

and they probably would do the same thing. Do you think a Canadian Conservative would promote using gov't funding to promote religious beliefs or violate people's rights?

DrCaleb @ Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 am

herbie herbie:
Do you think a Canadian Conservative would promote using gov't funding to promote religious beliefs or violate people's rights?

Please tell me you are being sarcastic! "barbaric Cultural Practices hotline", "Burka ban", Bill C-51?

Thanos @ Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 am

To be fair a burka ban (which I completely agree with) was also brought into law by Quebec leftists. That being said there's also been noises here in Alberta from Jason Kenney that indicate the UCP will be giving a lot more time to the social conservatives if/when they win the election. I've always said that "this is Alberta, not Alabama" with pride but with a lot of conservative Canadians entertaining the idea of going full Trumpenstein in placating the bible-punchers in order to win I'm probably going to be proven wrong. The horrible trends from the US always drift northwards eventually, and it's genuinely lamentable.

1  2  3  4  5  Next