Canada Kicks Ass
What Religion Should You Actually Be?

Previous  1  2

andyt @ Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 am

Brenda Brenda:
andyt andyt:
quel surprise - Buddhism. But most of those questions were boxes I don't fit into. Guess that's why I'm not a Buddhist either.

Brenda, those people suck because of their own suffering. If you're going to be a Buddhist you'll have to learn some compassion. Embrace the suck, as the Buddhists say.

:lol:
Choice of prayer: 'yoga'. Really? ;-)

You can't see my answers, can you? I chose that one because it was the closest. It's not just what we think of in the west. Basically it's just a spiritual discipline:

Yoga (Sanskrit: योग About this sound pronunciation (help·info)) is the physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India with a view to attain a state of permanent peace of mind in order to experience one's true self.[1][2] The term yoga can be derived from either of two roots, yujir yoga (to yoke) or yuj samādhau (to concentrate).[3] The Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali defines yoga as "the stilling of the changing states of the mind"[1] (Sanskrit: योग: चित्त-वृत्ति निरोध:). Yoga has also been popularly defined as "union with the divine" in other contexts and traditions.[4]
Various traditions of yoga are found in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.[5][6][7][6] In Hinduism, yoga is one of the six āstika schools (accepts authority of Vedas)[8] of Hindu philosophy.[9] Yoga is also an important part of Vajrayana and Tibetan Buddhist philosophy.[10][11][12]

Brenda @ Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:52 am

It was the closest to 'Are you f*cking kidding me? I don't pray in any shape or form, including yoga'... That was not an option... :lol:

andyt @ Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 am

I bet you do, just may not recognize it.

Brenda @ Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 am

No, I don't.
I hope, I wish, I dream, but I do not pray.

Previous  1  2