Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus Climate Change thread

Previous  1 ... 66  67  68  69  70  71  72 ... 135  Next

herbie @ Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:07 pm

Egghhh eghhh there's also the stiff Grampa used that came from trees or sand that can be washed, reused, remelted into new....
eghhh I remember those...

Strutz @ Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:12 pm

From what I've gathered, working in the industry, is that there will be some BC wines from 2021 that will specify on their labels that there will be "smokiness" in their flavour profile. I have also heard (through the grapevine...) that some wineries have basically dumped some or all of certain grape varietals due to too much smokiness. It is very unfortunate for some brands that once any stock remaining from 2020 runs out they will not have product again until the 2022 vintage can be captured.

DrCaleb @ Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:57 am

Strutz Strutz:
I have also heard (through the grapevine...)

I see what you did there! ;)

I hope that the smokiness makes it better. I'll still try them, I just may not buy them in cases when my local store has case lot sales.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:56 am

Extreme temperatures in major Latin American cities could be linked to nearly 1 million deaths

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:56 am

Construction begins on ‘Mammoth’ direct air capture plant

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:38 am

U.S. Supreme Court limits ability to curb power plant emissions, in a blow to climate change fight

herbie @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:09 am

US Supreme Court leading the charge backwards!

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:17 am

They kind of have a point. The EPA may be overstepping their mandate. But Congress is too wrapped up in partisan shenanigans to do anything to save the people from their owners big business.

raydan @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
U.S. Supreme Court limits ability to curb power plant emissions, in a blow to climate change fight

Why curb power plant emissions when you don't believe in climate change? [huh]

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:15 am

raydan raydan:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Why curb power plant emissions when you don't believe in climate change? [huh]

$1:
"Capping carbon dioxide emissions at a level that will force a nationwide transition away from the use of coal to generate electricity may be a sensible 'solution to the crisis of the day,"' Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in his opinion for the court.

Yea, he should zip up, his bias is showing again.

xerxes @ Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:09 pm

DrCaleb @ Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:41 am

Scape @ Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:18 am

Never-before-seen microbes locked in glacier ice could spark a wave of new pandemics if released

Strutz @ Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:26 pm

$1:
A large chunk of Alpine glacier broke loose Sunday afternoon and roared down a mountainside in Italy, sending ice, snow and rock slamming into hikers on a popular trail on the peak and killing at least six and injuring eight, authorities said.

It couldn't immediately be determined how many hikers were in the area or whether any were missing, said Walter Milan, a spokesperson for the national Alpine rescue corps who provided the death and injury toll.

It wasn't immediately clear what caused the section of ice to break away and rush down the peak's slope. But the intense heat wave gripping Italy since late June could be a factor.

"The temperatures of these days clearly had influence" on the glacier's partial collapse, Maurizio Fugatti, the president of Trento Province, which borders Marmolada, told Sky TG24 news.

But Milan stressed that high heat, which soared unusually above 10 C (50 F) on Marmolada's peak in recent days, was only one possible factor in Sunday's tragedy.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/alpine-gla ... -1.5972492

Scape @ Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:31 am

Brazil sees record Amazon deforestation in first half of 2022

Previous  1 ... 66  67  68  69  70  71  72 ... 135  Next