Canada Kicks Ass
Hockey strike

maya @ Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:44 pm

hmmm.. the owners are billionaires, and the players are millionaires...

the league is already to the point of where the average family can't go and see a game because its too expensive ....

The last time the had a strike ( in '94) the owners gave the players what they wanted...

Now they want to say no more...but now the players demand more...

the owners put themselves in this position and the players are getting kind of greedy...

I can't chose one or the other because they are both to blame ...and you know what.... it is just sad :cry:

Just my opinion though

Laconfir @ Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:30 pm

It's the players mostly in my opinion.

They do put themselves through alot of physical strain, but the fact that they are good at a game they are supposed to love does not make them deserve a shitload of money. I know that they are doing this for our entertainment, but why do they need 11 Million$ a year instead of 10 Million$?

I mean, I know ALOT of people that are both great and shitty at Hockey that if they could play in the NHL, would want to go there for the sport, not the money. I have also heard people that are both great and shitty about hockey say they want in because of the money. Well, I think it should be a privledge to play in the NHL, not a way out of doing real work.

Laconfir @ Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:33 pm

Also, if these Hockey players are doing something for our entertainment, something we really don't need, and are getting 11 Million$, then should people in the US and Canadian military who are there to defend our country and our freedoms make a greater amount? I mean what is the average salary in the US or Canadian military? 40-50K a year?

These Hockey players are abusing a great sport because they don't want to have a real job. I think they should all be banned for life from the NHL and that the NHL can just go nuts and get people that WANT to play Hockey for HOCKEY, not for money.

Ralph @ Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:48 pm

I have been watching hockey for more years than I care to remember (6 team league) and Have seen it watered down to where it is a game I don’t find entertaining any more.
The only hockey that is exciting is the Playoffs and international hockey.
The whole rest of the NHL season I find boring
So get out there and support the hart and soul of hockey Minor and junior hockey.

DMP08 @ Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:38 pm

I've enjoyed it lately. Now that the NHL is out, you can actually find the radio announced junior league in town. Before you'd have to split a hair of width to find the station with the juniors on it, then you turn a corner, and lose the signal. The juniors play with heart, not greed.

maya @ Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:16 am

[BB] and thats what its all about...heart :D