Canada Kicks Ass
How many Canadians give a rat's arse about NFL football?

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:58 pm

actually it was never football soccer in Canada or the US. The forerunner to the CFL was called the Canadian Rugby Union, and the sport was called Rugby Football, and the same in the States up until the 1890s.

llama66 @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:59 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Change the name to pigskin and give football back to the soccer players.

No need the whole world does it call it football only you N.muricans call it football and football soccer.

I tried watching a game of lets toss the oval shaped bladder around once. Couldn't take it. Played for, 10 secs then someone fell down then an hour of people roaming around the field, played for 10 secs more, rinse and repeat until utter boredom followed by death

that sounds suspiciously like you were watching Soccer, Gridiron is faster paced.

fifeboy @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:00 pm

I can't stand it,but I feel the same about most professional sports.

xerxes @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm

To get back to the OP. I'd say from my experience, it's very popular. A guy at my work has season tickets to the Seahawks. I think we all know this kind of guy, but he can go on and on and on and on and on about the NFL and individual players and how htey play.

It's because of him I really can't give a damn about the NFL. Now I'll admit, I live for football (soccer that is) but even I don't obsess over it like that.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:45 pm

PJB PJB:
Not me. Boring and snoring? Too many prima donnas that are way too overpaid.

Apparently the asshats at Rogers don't feel the same way. As a matter of fact they've taken to denigrating the Canadian game just to try and succour favor with Roger Godell so maybe he'll let them have an NFL franchise like the big boys.

Anybody remember when this same company was whining like gut shot fucking dogs about how it was unfair to allow an American Cell Phone Carrier into Canada but, when it comes to the CFL and Canada's game it's a different story. :twisted:

If I had anything from Rogers I'd cancel it just on principal but hopefully they'll lose some accounts from real CFL fans over this. :x

Jughead @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:19 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
I watch the occasional game of college ball, as they still play a passing game. If I want to watch a running game I'll watch rugby, which is definitely more exciting.

Yeah, I enjoy college football as well. Nothing beats a college football game involving two rivalry teams like the Texas Longhorns vs the Oklahoma Sooners. I do however watch a lot of NFL football as well. That's what makes Sundays so great. :)

sandorski @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:26 pm

not interested.

desertdude @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:26 pm

llama66 llama66:
desertdude desertdude:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

No need the whole world does it call it football only you N.muricans call it football and football soccer.

I tried watching a game of lets toss the oval shaped bladder around once. Couldn't take it. Played for, 10 secs then someone fell down then an hour of people roaming around the field, played for 10 secs more, rinse and repeat until utter boredom followed by death

that sounds suspiciously like you were watching Soccer, Gridiron is faster paced.

Nah mate, football is nonstop action, some teams are boring to watch but most professional arn't. "football" as you call it has fast paced action, for minute bursts at a time interupted by long periods of players standing on the field doing nothing but scratching their balls. How long does a goddam game last anyways I think I gave up after an hour or so and still the end was no where in sight. I think it was one of those superbowl thingys and the local tv channel at the time thought it would be a good idea to broadcast it live here. Needless to say it was the first and the last time that ever happened.

Benn @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Never figured out how people could keep up with so many teams so intimately and watch every game. I must manage my time wrong because I could never do it. Funny thing is at work last year a woman who guessed her way through the football pool won and these guys who worship it as a religion lost to her. It was pretty sweet.

I watch the superbowel if I don't have anything better to do.

Zipperfish @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:32 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

North Vancouver Football Club (where I live) is soccer. The Canadian football teams in North Van were none too impressed, I imagine. Still, Pigskin is a pretty cool name for a sport.

Zipperfish @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 pm

JayRoc JayRoc:
you know how i know you lyin'

lol.

if not, you, my friend may be a closet wrestling fan.

Not so much. Not since I was 11 anyways. Jesse "The Body" Ventura and Andre' the Giant era.

xerxes @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Same here. I grew up with Stone Cold and The Rock. Haven't watched it since they left. Also it got too stupid even for me and it hurt to watch.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
JayRoc JayRoc:
you know how i know you lyin'

lol.

if not, you, my friend may be a closet wrestling fan.

Not so much. Not since I was 11 anyways. Jesse "The Body" Ventura and Andre' the Giant era.

Ken Patera, "Mad Dog" Vachon, George "The Animal" Steele, the Iron Sheik, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Leaping Lanny, etc......ah the good old days when wrasslin' was 'real' :wink:

pissed off our PE teacher when he was trying to teach us Greco Roman wrestling in high school. As soon as his back was turned we'd be trying sleeper holds, body slams, full nelsons and figure four leg locks.

llama66 @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Nah mate, football is nonstop action, some teams are boring to watch but most professional arn't. "football" as you call it has fast paced action, for minute bursts at a time interupted by long periods of players standing on the field doing nothing but scratching their balls. How long does a goddam game last anyways I think I gave up after an hour or so and still the end was no where in sight. I think it was one of those superbowl thingys and the local tv channel at the time thought it would be a good idea to broadcast it live here. Needless to say it was the first and the last time that ever happened.

LOLZ. Non-stop action...

Zipperfish @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Go each his own. Some folks like Nascar. I don't get that at all.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next