Canada Kicks Ass
My Homage to the Territories....

1  2  3  Next

1964-D-Peace @ Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:38 pm

Could use some help with topics here, but till then... ^_^

ziggy @ Sat May 07, 2005 10:54 am

There's a paperback book called "The ice road",good read about the man who used to build the road every year by a reporter from the states that travelled with him. I believe it was Byers trucking but could be wrong as RTL or Robinson trucking informed me when I worked for them that it was they that built the road. I was impressed by their fleet of trucks that they use to haul everything from fuel,food and huge mining equipment across the ice.
Falling through the ice happens sometimes.ice accident

This is who I worked for.RTL

1964-D-Peace @ Wed May 11, 2005 7:58 pm

Shoot, so much for my homage! The RCM must've rearranged the location of the coin pics. `_'

Anyway, that's old material anyway.....

Hey Ziggy,...
Funny you should mention ice, as I've been thinking about that lately. I was wondering if the locals or natives (or truckers, of course) have seen ice formation and melting patterns change over the course of the years.

Could start another thread on the matter, but I wonder who else might/might've lived or worked in the territories.

And for that matter, being so close to Canadian provinces, why aren't the territories provinces themselves? '_'

Maybe another question that begs a new thread? -_-

Tman1 @ Wed May 11, 2005 8:17 pm

I used to live in an igloo up in the Yukon. It was great, it had Air conditioning and your own water supply.

Tokehemp @ Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:38 am

There's a paperback book called "The ice road",good read

I learned how to drive on that road,(between Inuvik and Aklavik), way back when. Great memories................
Left the arctic in 83 haven't been back yet....but it's a plan.

harzer_knaller @ Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:33 am

Isn't it lonely when you drive in the night that awesome ice-road? :roll:

bossdog @ Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:31 pm

I lived in Hay River, NT for about 2 years. Those ice roads\ice bridges are something else! Nothing beats the Northern Lights though.

harzer_knaller @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:39 am

I'd like to see some northern lights... in the future but here in Germany we are "too south" so see such phenomenons...

Do you have some photos? (I mean photos of these lights?)

Streaker @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:40 am

Never say never, Harzer. Last October there was a huge northern lights display here in Montreal, which is no further north than Germany.

harzer_knaller @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:54 am

Hmmm... yeah, but I never saw that lights here!?!
I just know that you can watch them in scandinavian contries, like Sweden or Norway...

Streaker @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:03 am

Well, yeah, your chances are better the further north you go. I was pretty surprised to see them in Montreal. I step out on my balcony for a cigarette and.... wow... mein Gott... very beautiful it was.

harzer_knaller @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:37 am

Did you take German in school?

Streaker @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:25 am

Yeah, a couple of years ago I took an intro course. Sometimes when I visit my mom I try to speak it with her but my German is still very bad!

harzer_knaller @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:32 am

So you Mom is German?
Where does she live?

Streaker @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:54 am

She lives in Montreal. Her grandparents came to Canada from Poland eighty years ago, but they were ethnically German, for the most part.

1  2  3  Next