Canada Kicks Ass
So the world hates America?

1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  Next

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:54 am

September 9, 2005 - Washington, AP

$1:
Bush said that more than 100 nations had offered help after the hurricane, and he compared that to "a similar outpouring of support when another tragedy struck our nation" — the 2001 attacks in New York and Washington.

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:22 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
No thats just in YOUR mind......... we dont HATE AMERICA...... we sometimes questions its ways and means.

America is not evil - perhaps just a little paranoid.

Actually, I've always promoted the idea that the world doesn't hate America, whereas some on here have promoted the idea that the world does hate America.

TonyCanuck @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:31 am

Constantinople Constantinople:
WDHIII WDHIII:
No thats just in YOUR mind......... we dont HATE AMERICA...... we sometimes questions its ways and means.

Actually, I've always promoted the idea that the world doesn't hate America, whereas some on here have promoted the idea that the world does hate America.

I think the key word in that is SOME people while the vast majority in CKA do NOT hate America. I see numerous posts dissing Canada but I know for a fact that MOST Americans do not hate Canada either. We are in so many ways the same and so many ways we are different from each other but thats what makes Canada, Canada and the USA the USA.

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:36 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
WDHIII WDHIII:

I stand corrected.....

No need- views are yours and yours to keep.

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:42 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
WDHIII WDHIII:
WDHIII WDHIII:

I stand corrected.....

No need- views are yours and yours to keep.

I was referring to the fact that I stated that it was all in your mind.....

No harm done.

Rev_Blair @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:51 am

There's a huge difference between America, as represented by the Bush regime, and the American people who are suffering and dying at least in part due to the actions (or inaction) of the Bush regime.

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 am

I should've phrased it with "Americans" not "America."

bootlegga @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:45 am

September 9, 2005 - Washington, AP

$1:
Bush said that more than 100 nations had offered help after the hurricane, and he compared that to "a similar outpouring of support when another tragedy struck our nation" — the 2001 attacks in New York and Washington.

Actually, I think many people like America and its people in general. It's its nebulous, aggressive foreign policy that is disliked by many.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:00 am

WDHIII WDHIII:

You mean SaladHead, Hoser, and IceOwl? :D

(Just stirring the pot, fellas! PDT_Armataz_01_28 )

ROCKaMIC @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:44 am

The world does not hate America...

It hates America's govt, not its people.

PJB @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:55 am

Here is what I hate about America!

Sorry folks..Can't come up with anything I hate about America..

Here is what I hate about American media

1. Fox News

2. Fox News

3. Fox News

Here is what I hate about American foreign policy.

1. Protectionist

2. Armed Diplomacy

3. Protectionist

Here is what I hate about the American image.

1. Arrogant

2. Self-absorbed

3. Ignorant of others

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:00 pm

ROCKaMIC ROCKaMIC:

The United States Constitution The United States Constitution:
We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We the People ARE the government.

Hate our government and you hate us.

PJB @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:06 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
ROCKaMIC ROCKaMIC:

We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

So by extension Bart, when you call down your own government you are calling down yourself. If you are the government then you personally are responsible for the debt that you as a government incurrs.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:12 pm

PJB PJB:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
ROCKaMIC ROCKaMIC:

So by extension Bart, when you call down your own government you are calling down yourself. If you are the government then you personally are responsible for the debt that you as a government incurrs.

Our government is composed of the people we elect and empower, so in a way, yes, you are right.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  Next