Canada Kicks Ass
The Omnibus Deplorables Thread

Previous  1 ... 41  42  43  44  45  46  47 ... 96  Next

DrCaleb @ Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:03 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
No, he was saying the Government took on debt so the taxpayers wouldn't be unemployed or homeless.

$1:
"If the Federal Government hadn't taken on significant debt, in order to send money to Canadians, to support businesses and households, what would Canadians have done? They would have loaded up their credit cards, they would have scrambled to find ways to pay their bills, pay their groceries and figure out ways to care for their loved ones. We took on debt so Canadians wouldn't have to."

If you think that is deplorable, well, you have a very odd sense of the social structure Canadians expect.

Whilst I don't object to the support, government revenue comes from the taxpayer and does not change the fact that taxpayers will have to eventually foot the bill. To say the government took on the debt is typical Liberal spin and fits the deplorable tag.

Government debt is serviced at lower rates and shorter terms than consumer and credit card debt. Getting the government to service the debt saves the taxpayer money. Either way, there is debt, but this way there is an advantage. And it doesn't fall to the level of "human filth" that are the parameters of the thread.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:04 am

Thanos Thanos:
I guess I'll just have to play the role as the reminder that when this oh-so-generous country slaps itself on the back about how good it is that someone is always forgotten and quite easily left behind.

Don't anyone tell me to love this country, not ever. Do it to my face and I'll put my fist down their fucking throat.

Wouldn't dream of it. All I'm saying is that trying to help as many people as possible doesn't put Trudeau in the same category as other examples in this thread.

Tricks @ Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:
I guess I'll just have to play the role as the reminder that when this oh-so-generous country slaps itself on the back about how good it is that someone is always forgotten and quite easily left behind.

Don't anyone tell me to love this country, not ever. Do it to my face and I'll put my fist down their fucking throat.

Wouldn't dream of it. All I'm saying is that trying to help as many people as possible doesn't put Trudeau in the same category as other examples in this thread.

One could argue it's the complete opposite. The people who would belong in this thread are the millionaires and billionaires siphoning money out of the relief in the U.S.

herbie @ Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 am

What I find deplorable is when they eventually stop that extra $300 seniors supplement it goes back to the chickenfeed it was before.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:43 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Imagine criticizing this government for spending money during a global pandemic to try and keep people employed and/or fed and sheltered.

Remember, Parliament voted unanimously for this stimulus, so if Trudeau is a deplorable, so is every Conservative MP in the country. :wink:

Not only that, but the USA and Trump spent $4 Trillion on their 'stimulus' (or a bit more than ten times ours) and then gave 95% of it to corporations and billionaires/millionaires, while we gave 80% of our stimulus to average people.

I know which option most Canadians prefer.

DrCaleb @ Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:00 am

Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen back in prison for refusing conditions of home confinement

Prison it is then.

DrCaleb @ Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:06 am

10 vehicles spray-painted with swastikas, racist slurs in southwest Edmonton vandalism spree

Thanos @ Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:17 am

Pretty sure that if a Ford Raptor is going to be vandalized it'll be done by Antifa types, not right-wing rednecks.

DrCaleb @ Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:27 am

Thanos Thanos:
Pretty sure that if a Ford Raptor is going to be vandalized it'll be done by Antifa types, not right-wing rednecks.

I don't buy into stereotyping right/left extremists.

This was probably just kids being bored and wanting to lash out at someone or something. So they were trolling with their swastikas. They don't mean anything political by it.

I had the windows shot out of a company van when I lived in Fort Mac - twice!

It wasn't personal, it was just bored kids with a pellet gun.

Thanos @ Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 am

Fort Mac - the original home of the most feral children you can find. It's about the only good thing about the career collapse, never having to go near that fucking place ever again.

fifeboy @ Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

10 vehicles spray-painted with swastikas, racist slurs in southwest Edmonton vandalism spree

They can't even get their Nazi swastika right :lol:

Strutz @ Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:52 pm

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I just read about this and was going to post it in the other thread but perhaps this one is more appropriate.

How fucking awful for this driver and his family.

Just to update this particular article...

$1:
A bus driver in France who was beaten up by passengers refusing to wear mandatory face masks died in hospital Friday, French Prime Minister Jean Castex and the victim's family have said.

Philippe Monguillot, 59, was left brain dead after the attack in the southwestern city of Bayonne on July 5. His family decided to switch off his life support on Friday, news agency Agence France-Presse reported.

"We decided to let him go. The doctors were in favour and we were as well," the victim's 18-year-old daughter, Marie Monguillot, told AFP.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/french-bus ... -1.5020303
He was simply trying to do his job under difficult circumstances... and paid the ultimate price.

DrCaleb @ Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 am

Florida men charged with selling bleach as COVID-19 cure, threatening “a Waco”

DrCaleb @ Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:00 am

Quebec man accused of advocating genocide, making threats against Muslims, Trudeau

DrCaleb @ Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:55 am

$1:
Distorted image of billboard promoting racial equality leads to lesson for angry callers

$1:
The original billboard was intended to promote peace and equality, human rights group says. (Pattison Outdoor Advertising)

The giant ads were intended to promote peace and racial equality in Edmonton.

"Prophet Muhammad taught a white is not superior to a Black and a Black is not superior to a white, except by piety and good action," stated the electronic billboards displayed across Edmonton.

But soon Pattison Outdoor Advertising, the company that owns the billboards, was bombarded by angry calls.

It turned out that a distorted photo of the sign was being widely circulated on social media.

In the manipulated image it's difficult to see the second "not" so the message can easily be incorrectly read as: "a Black is superior to a white."

$1:
This distorted image of the billboard that was circulated on social media. (Facebook)

That altered message sparked a flurry of furious Islamophobic comments on social media, alongside the odd warning that the image had been tampered with.

A Pattison spokesperson said the company received close to 100 calls and emails from outraged people across Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. They demanded explanations or simply wanted to vent their anger.

"Many of the messages were extremely rude and offensive and some were violent and threatening," Pattison wrote in an emailed statement provided to CBC. "There were posts claiming that the sign should be burned down, pulled down, and that if we didn't remove the ad that it would be done for us."

Pattison checked the billboard to see if there was a mechanical problem but soon realized what had happened.

"Someone had intentionally posted a distorted, or doctored image on Facebook, claiming that the ad was racist, encouraging everyone to call our office to complain," the company said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.5645752

Previous  1 ... 41  42  43  44  45  46  47 ... 96  Next