Newsbot @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:49 am

Title: B.C. says 35 legal marijuana shops in latter stages of approval process
Category: Political
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2018-10-16 01:42:54
Canadian

Strutz @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:49 am

What a freaking joke.

A day away and only one store will open in the whole freaking province of BC on Wednesday. How can you tell it's a government operation? :lol:

DrCaleb @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 am

So long as my local stores have a little oil to try, I'm all good. Don't think I'm going first day though. I'll give it a couple weeks.

rasta.gif
rasta.gif [ 1.16 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]

peck420 @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:46 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So long as my local stores have a little oil to try, I'm all good. Don't think I'm going first day though. I'll give it a couple weeks.

Don't be shy ordering direct!

But!!!! Make sure you are up to snuff on the revised schedule 3, for transportation of products.

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-45/royal-assent#enSH6385

DrCaleb @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 am

peck420 peck420:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Don't be shy ordering direct!

But!!!! Make sure you are up to snuff on the revised schedule 3, for transportation of products.

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-45/royal-assent#enSH6385

So, if I read that right, and people are allowed 30g; then ~7g of oil (non solid concentrates) is the maximum allowable.

Which is fine. I didn't want 2l jug right off the bat. Just a little taste to see if I like it.

peck420 @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:01 am

You are correct, but keep an eye on the potency listed.

Carry limit will be the same regardless, but 7g of 90% and 7g of 20% will provide vastly different values for your dollar...and time.

As much as I hate to say it, I see concentrate cutting as a common practice very soon.

DrCaleb @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:13 am

I didn't realize they would come in different concentrations. I guess I though they would come as a standard concentration, and it would be up to the user to dilute it.

What should a beginner like me try? Remember, I'm going for a 'bottle of wine' effect, not 'look at all the pretty sounds!'. ;)

peck420 @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
What should a beginner like me try? Remember, I'm going for a 'bottle of wine' effect, not 'look at all the pretty sounds!'. ;)

For me, that distinction is made by type of consumption. When I vape it, I get the bottle of wine, when I eat it, I get more psychedelic effects.

But try to keep your first time usage at under 20% potency, per 1 gram equivalent, and you should be fine. In a lot of distillates, that will be 1/5th of a 1 gram syringe.

Edit to add:

Don't forget to choose your base strain type appropriately as well. Can't believe I forgot this part until now.

Indica's - relaxed, couch bound.

Sativa's - active, ethereal.

That will also affect how you are effected, as well as the potency and the consumption method.

herbie @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:48 am

Strutz Strutz:
What a freaking joke.

A day away and only one store will open in the whole freaking province of BC on Wednesday. How can you tell it's a government operation? :lol:

One of the people on the original committee told us at a local public meeting that he was shocked as hell that as of mid Sept the BC gov't had received only 80 odd applications from all over BC. He'd expected thousands by then.
Once they run your application, it's passed on to your city or municipality and they have to approve it locally.
If they're foot draggers like our town (or worse like most towns), the bylaws were just formed and they still have to be passed - which because of the Oct election cycle means November at the earliest before they become law and can issue approvals.
Blame your local councils for the bullshit, they had years to get ready and all dragged their feet stalling, trying to milk or kill it. And mainly bitching how they needed even more time to stall...
Honestly here they tried to sneak a total ban on sales and growth in without any public input. It got discovered, publicized and there was a town revolt in June. They then tried to amend it to a total ban until after legalization. In the end they were forced to form a citizens/council committee and make acceptable regulations, which just delivered them a couple weeks back.
So we're not expecting anything opening here until next year!

DrCaleb @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:51 am

So, Indica = Netflix and Chill

Sativa = Still able to play games, and enjoy the chaos. Which is also a desired effect. :)

Thanks for the advice! [B-o]

Mowich @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:46 am

Strutz Strutz:
What a freaking joke.

Um........by the fact that they aren't - after all the time given - ready? LOL.

herbie @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Could be a staffing problem. Hiring people with knowledge of the product AND can remember to get up and go to work is difficult. :D
And then there's those that can but drive to work at 20 kph...

bootlegga @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Strutz Strutz:
What a freaking joke.

The problem is that the feds moved the goalposts and tweaked their legislation on this so many times that the provinces (and cities/towns) simply haven't had the time to get all their ducks in a row.

Strutz @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:48 pm

herbie herbie:
Strutz Strutz:
What a freaking joke.

One of the people on the original committee told us at a local public meeting that he was shocked as hell that as of mid Sept the BC gov't had received only 80 odd applications from all over BC. He'd expected thousands by then.
Once they run your application, it's passed on to your city or municipality and they have to approve it locally.
If they're foot draggers like our town (or worse like most towns), the bylaws were just formed and they still have to be passed - which because of the Oct election cycle means November at the earliest before they become law and can issue approvals.
Blame your local councils for the bullshit, they had years to get ready and all dragged their feet stalling, trying to milk or kill it. And mainly bitching how they needed even more time to stall...
Honestly here they tried to sneak a total ban on sales and growth in without any public input. It got discovered, publicized and there was a town revolt in June. They then tried to amend it to a total ban until after legalization. In the end they were forced to form a citizens/council committee and make acceptable regulations, which just delivered them a couple weeks back.
So we're not expecting anything opening here until next year!

My city council already decided months ago to ban any weed stores from getting a licence. There is a Municipal election this Saturday but given the trend here the same morons will be re-elected yet AGAIN and will stand firm on this decision. It was interesting to see the responses from potential mayor and councillor candidates on this issue (as well as other issues) as to whether they were for or against it. It is one of many factors I will be considering when I go and vote.

What I find hilarious is that they made it seem that by allowing a store to open that suddenly everyone will start buying and smoking weed. Like, uh, no one is doing it now. :roll: And think of the children! OMG!

Strutz @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Strutz Strutz:
What a freaking joke.

The problem is that the feds moved the goalposts and tweaked their legislation on this so many times that the provinces (and cities/towns) simply haven't had the time to get all their ducks in a row.

Oh, I know.

Typical government operation. :lol:

1  2  Next