Feds scrapped 100 years of data on climate change

Newsbot @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:51 am

Title: Feds scrapped 100 years of data on climate change
Category: Environmental
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-09-18 00:12:12
Canadian

uwish @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:51 am

first step in covering up the climate lie, change or 'erase' all previous data, since it clearly does not support your current 'model' of hysteria..

PluggyRug @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:02 am

:idea:

Everywhere is warming faster than everywhere ROTFL

llama66 @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 am

Warm faster damnit. I demand an end to winter.

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am

:roll:

DrCaleb @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:38 am

$1:
To be fair, the fact that it omitted observed weather data from 1850 to 1949 in developing its computer models is not evidence in and of itself of an attempt by Environment Canada to mislead the public.

Omitting observed historical weather data from computer models is common in climate science because of differences in the quality of the reporting of weather data today, compared to 1850 when historical records started being kept.

Also, weather is not climate.

Computer climate models don’t claim to predict what the weather will be like on any given day, month or year.

They predict long-term weather and climate patterns.

Climate scientists test their validity by assessing whether their models predicting future climate patterns can explain climate change patterns in the past, which is based on more data than that provided solely by historical records.

Guess people just didn't read that far. ;)

So the data wasn't 'scrapped', it was re-created to include missing data. :idea:

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 pm

The IPCC tells us:

$1:
"The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

Now the climate alarmist site Skeptical Science tells us that, that is just "quote mining." You know? Kind of like what Doc just did.

Don't mind the practice myself. What quoting isn't quote-mining?

Skeptical science goes on to tell us "we cannot precisely predict the future climate state; however, we can produce a probability distribution of possible future climate states, which is precisely what the IPCC report proceeds to do."

So...even by a climate alarmist site Doc would bend the knee to models can't "precisely predict the future." They can guess possible futures for you.

Is that what Catherine McKenna and Environment Canada made clear on their website? I doubt it.

And why isn't it worth pointing out that high temperatures are nothing new or unusual. Higher temps were happening across Canada for over a century before CM and EC found a small section of the data record they could mine and massage with a model.

It's true weather is not climate but if you're going to create a report suggesting there is something special about the weather we're seeing today perhaps you should clarify that, that's not actually the case.

Oh and one more time. This one's for you, Skeptical Science.

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Oh and in case you still want to preach the climate cabal's power of prediction through selective climate models...

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:28 pm

And I did read the entire article, Hero. I wanted to argue with it. Thanks for the podium?

BeaverFever @ Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:20 pm

uwish uwish:
first step in covering up the climate lie, change or 'erase' all previous data, since it clearly does not support your current 'model' of hysteria..

Once again the people who don’t read things to the end completely misunderstand the article. No records were erased. This about what was included or excluded in their new modeling database