Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus Supply chain collapse thread

Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18 ... 20  Next

DrCaleb @ Wed May 03, 2023 8:08 am

Can't find Planters Peanut Butter anymore. Been to 4 stores.

First they came for my Squirrel. Then they came for my Skippy. Then they took Mr. Peanut. Now all there is is Kraft and Jif. :(

herbie @ Wed May 03, 2023 10:10 am

Unable to find Beer Nuts for years.
Nor any of the BBQ/honey roasted/plain peanuts that came in little bags in the candy rack by the checkouts.

I was making Vietnamese last summer, didn't want to buy a $10 jar of peanuts to make one tiny bowl of peanut sauce. I mentioned that to a friend and she showed up later with a bag she got at the gas station. You owe me 79 cents. Still have half of it...

Strutz @ Wed May 03, 2023 5:14 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Can't find Planters Peanut Butter anymore. Been to 4 stores.

First they came for my Squirrel. Then they came for my Skippy. Then they took Mr. Peanut. Now all there is is Kraft and Jif. :(

I recall seeing it before but haven't noticed it for a long time. A quick search showed that walmart apparently still sells it.

DrCaleb @ Wed May 03, 2023 5:26 pm

Thanks! But that means I'd have to go into a Walmart. :(

raydan @ Wed May 03, 2023 5:35 pm

Something tells me that supermarkets are doing this purposely, cutting down on choices to get bulk discounts on what they do sell.

Strutz @ Wed May 03, 2023 5:42 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanks! But that means I'd have to go into a Walmart. :(

I know! I've never been in one here. Just won't do it.

What about Stupidstore?

Strutz @ Wed May 03, 2023 5:44 pm

raydan raydan:
Something tells me that supermarkets are doing this purposely, cutting down on choices to get bulk discounts on what they do sell.

Probably. There have been brands of some random items over the years that I just don't see anymore.

DrCaleb @ Wed May 03, 2023 6:06 pm

Strutz Strutz:
What about Stupidstore?

Tried 4 different ones. No joy. :(

DrCaleb @ Wed May 03, 2023 6:09 pm

Strutz Strutz:
raydan raydan:

Probably. There have been brands of some random items over the years that I just don't see anymore.

But a lot of the products come from the same supplier. [huh] It's not like the old days when there was one grocery supplier that sold to IGA and Safeway and Co-op. Each chain has their own vertical suppliers.

Scape @ Fri May 05, 2023 5:49 pm

DrCaleb @ Thu May 11, 2023 6:54 am

raydan @ Thu May 11, 2023 11:51 am

10% less for the same low price.

herbie @ Thu May 11, 2023 5:00 pm

Anyone else notice pet food has almost doubled since last summer?
Used to buy those Caesar pods on sale for under a buck, they were $2.29 last I looked. The local lumberyard bought out a pet supply and still has the tiny cans priced less than any supermarket/petshop in the area. But I'm glad I own a chihuahua breed - I saw bags of 'healthy brand name' dry food "on sale" for $163.00, more than welfare would give you to feed a teenager for a month.

Scape @ Thu May 25, 2023 8:14 pm

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:07 am

Canada saw decline in fresh fruit, vegetable availability in 2022: StatCan

$1:
Statistics Canada says fewer fresh fruits and vegetables were available to Canadians in 2022, due to factors such as ongoing supply chain issues, labour shortages and price increases.

StatCan says the amount of available fresh fruit declined by more than five per cent in 2022 from the previous year, to 72.9 kilograms per person.

Even though there was a 12.7 per cent increase in domestic fruit production, it was not enough to keep up with an increase in exports and a decrease in imports, the agency says in a report released today.

The availability of fresh vegetables -- excluding potatoes -- was 64.7 kilograms per person in 2022, a decrease of nearly six per cent from 2021.

Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18 ... 20  Next