Canada Kicks Ass
Airline Passenger With Ebola Is Under Treatment in Dallas

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Jabberwalker @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm

How about the bullshit SARS scare? I remember hearing about a group of businessmen from Dublin who refused to go to a conference in Edmonton because there was SARS in Toronto. I suppose that if you come from a crowded, little postage stamp place like that you might think that another city "is just over da hill in da next county". it is about as idiotic as avoiding a trip to Dublin because there's diphtheria in Moscow.

raydan @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Ebola is spread pretty much like AIDS is... sperm, blood and other body fluids exposed during embalming... transmission by saliva seems to be either very low or non existant.

Now, unless you're sleeping around a lot, sharing needles or playing with dead bodies, I don't expect you'll catch it.

BRAH @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 pm

raydan raydan:
Ebola is spread pretty much like AIDS is... sperm, blood and other body fluids exposed during embalming... transmission by saliva seems to be either very low or non existant.

Now, unless you're sleeping around a lot, sharing needles or playing with dead bodies, I don't expect you'll catch it.

That's until it mutates becoming airborne.

Gunnair @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Considering that no one learned anything about not repeating the bullshit Iraq panic from 2003 all over again today I guess it's too much to ask anyone to not repeat the bullshit AIDS panic of the 1980's all over again today with ebola. Learn from past mistakes? What are you, a fucking communist or something? :roll:

Jesus fuckin' Christ I've had about enough with human stupidity. When the fuck are Skynet or the Cylons taking over so I don't have to put up with this shit anymore? We're awful. We're just all awful creatures.

Take the blue pill next time.

raydan @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:44 pm

BRAH BRAH:
raydan raydan:

Maybe pigs will become airborne too. :lol:

andyt @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Thanos Thanos:
Considering that no one learned anything about not repeating the bullshit Iraq panic from 2003 all over again today I guess it's too much to ask anyone to not repeat the bullshit AIDS panic of the 1980's all over again today with ebola. Learn from past mistakes? What are you, a fucking communist or something? :roll:

Jesus fuckin' Christ I've had about enough with human stupidity. When the fuck are Skynet or the Cylons taking over so I don't have to put up with this shit anymore? We're awful. We're just all awful creatures.

If pot were legal, this wouldn't happen.

andyt @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 pm

BC doctor figures 2 - 3 cases here within 6 months.

andyt @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:55 pm

raydan raydan:

$1:
Ebola's not airborne. It can only be spread through bodily fluids. The virus spreads when blood, semen, urine, vomit, feces, or other bodily fluids of an infected person come into contact with someone else's mucus membranes.
That means touch any of those fluids, then your eye, and badabing - much easier to catch than AIDS.

Gunnair @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:02 pm

andyt andyt:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Thanos Thanos:

If pot were legal, this wouldn't happen.

It's Obama's fault. Plus, we should Stop Harper.

raydan @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:19 pm

andyt andyt:
raydan raydan:

$1:
Ebola's not airborne. It can only be spread through bodily fluids. The virus spreads when blood, semen, urine, vomit, feces, or other bodily fluids of an infected person come into contact with someone else's mucus membranes.
That means touch any of those fluids, then your eye, and badabing - much easier to catch than AIDS.

Wash that sperm off your hands before scratching your eyes... problem solved. 8)

herbie @ Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:01 pm

When the AIDS scare first began I told people you could catch it if a gay guy farted in the elevator with you.
9/10 people were like OMG I didn't know that!!! Even had people at work using the stairs instead...

saturn_656 @ Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 am

raydan raydan:
andyt andyt:
raydan raydan:

$1:

Wash that sperm off your hands before scratching your eyes... problem solved. 8)

martin14 @ Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:12 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-pati ... d=25912405

$1:
Thompson said four or five members of Duncan's family are under a "control order" to stay inside their homes.

It's not clear if these four or five people under the control order are the five school age children who were told to stay home from school.

If those 5 kids went to school after he got sick and showed symptoms,
this could get funny real quick.

martin14 @ Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:14 am

andyt andyt:
$1:

Which is of course why this
$1:
Authorities also scrubbed down area schools , trying to contain the disease’s spread.

is happening.

BartSimpson @ Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:50 am

BRAH BRAH:
raydan raydan:

In close proximity it is communicable while airborne. Meaning you absolutely can contract it from an infected person who sneezes at you. That's why health care personnel are using full face masks and eye protection when working with Ebola patients.

It is also communicable from contaminated surfaces that are not exposed to direct sunlight - thus the ambulance that transported the Dallas victim might end up being burned to ensure that the disease doesn't get loose. IMHO that's a pragmatic action that should have been taken immediately.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next