Canada Kicks Ass
HELP WANTED

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  Next

rickc @ Sun May 27, 2018 12:31 am

Definitely Strutz!!! I do not know what the count is at but add one more vote for Strutz! [B-o]

rickc @ Sun May 27, 2018 1:50 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I will 4th Bart, and also 3rd Dr.Caleb. Both are awesome.

-J.

Exactly and while I thank Fighter for his nod of approval, I for one wouldn't want to be the person who single handily took down CKA because of a lack of interweb thingy technical skills. :wink:

So, my vote goes for the Doc and Bart both of who have the technical skills to help keep this site up and running. But, to be honest if I had my way I'd prefer Hyack stay on in some capacity (like final arbitrator on any suspensions) given his attributes as a fair, level headed moderator.

True that!!! [B-o] On a lot of sites these days people just disappear if the mod disagrees with their post, no explanation given. Other sites people complain ad nauseam about how they are being picked on. I honestly cannot remember the last time a CKA member got suspended if they were not spamming. People are allowed to debate and agree or disagree like adults on CKA. It gets heated sometimes, but it makes for good debates. Hyack has done a fantastic job of keeping this forum going all by himself!! The web could use a lot more mods like Hyack in my opinion.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun May 27, 2018 6:00 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Or how about Strutz.

Didn't see that one.

Image Strutz: Absolutely. Every mod panel should have a Strutz. Keeps the rest of them sane. Well, as sane as possible.

Strutz would make an awesome moderator! I third or fourth or fifth (what the hell are we up to?) this choice as well!

-J.

Coach85 @ Sun May 27, 2018 6:30 am

$1:
This was actually funny. Finally you get a chance to see the respect Bart has on this
board, one might take the opportunity to self reflect on just how wrong you are. :lol:

Not wrong at all. It’s my opinion and it’s no more right or wrong than yours.

Just because people respect someone, doesn’t mean everyone who doesn’t is wrong.

Fighter @ Sun May 27, 2018 6:37 am

raydan raydan:
Isn't there a law that you have to be Canadian to Mod a Canadian board? [huh]

Caleb just ignores Fiddly, he doesn't go after him, which is as cordial as you can be with him.

You both guys are great as well...I will also vote you for becoming a moderator

[B-o]

raydan @ Sun May 27, 2018 7:41 am

Actually, I respect Bart a lot. I may tease him every chance I get and disagree with pretty much everything he says, but that doesn't mean I don't respect him. :lol:

I think that a moderator has to be VERY impartial and level-headed. Too passionate about your beliefs, even though it might be a good thing most of the time, is not a good trait for a mod.

I guess you could say that I wouldn't vote for Bart for the same reason I wouldn't vote for Beaver... sorry Bart. :wink:

Khar @ Sun May 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Just adding my voice to it that I think Dr Caleb would do a good job, if he would be inclined to take up the task.

Strutz @ Sun May 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Wow. I'm quite shocked actually for the support guys but thank you so much for the nice remarks! [B-o]

I definitely did not expect this at all since I generally stay out of the more intense discussions that take place around here and do not consider myself one of the more regular contributors, unlike so many of you. I'm also not around as much as I once was partly due to my kind of crazy work schedule.

Strutz @ Sun May 27, 2018 7:07 pm

raydan raydan:
.....or there's always the dirty old man. :twisted: He doesn't fight with anyone.

Fuck you! :evil:

I'd support raydan as well. :wink:

Strutz @ Sun May 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I'd do it just to ban spammers. I'm not interested in policing anyone else, even if they piss me off personally. As the American cop would say, I'm doin' my job sitting here eating these here donuts, not policin' your black asses. :twisted:

Seeing you in action spam busting would be fun actually!

stratos @ Sun May 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Strutz and Raydan for full Mods. Thanos for Spam busting only Mod. Thanos having one of his bad days and a bunch of spammers show up would probably be one of the best cures for him. :)

Have to agree on a NO for both Beaver and Bart. I enjoy both of their content but they like many others have deep political views that might get in their way of being objective.

herbie @ Sun May 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Spammers wouldn't be such a problem with some minor changes to the registration process and the newly registered users group settings.
- just my 2c

stratos @ Sun May 27, 2018 10:39 pm

herbie herbie:
Spammers wouldn't be such a problem with some minor changes to the registration process and the newly registered users group settings.
- just my 2c

Oh come on let Thanos have some fun. :lol:

rickc @ Sun May 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Its important to get rid of the spammers but it would be nice to give them a dose of their own medicine on their way out the door. Too bad we do not have some kind of program that would generate hundreds of false leads to pursue. You know people who are interested in the product for sale they just need a little more info, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Thanos @ Mon May 28, 2018 5:39 am

Wonder if those spammers from Mumbai and Islamabad have ever been counter-struck with a full saturation bombing of all their accounts by the goat-man...... :twisted:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  Next