Canada Kicks Ass
Countries Roll Out 4 Day Work Week & Universal Basic Income

1  2  Next

Scape @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:23 pm

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Worst idea EVER. Universal basic income makes people dependent on the state instead of pushing themselves to be better and make more of their lives, and a 4-day work week is not feasible in a lot of places. There's nothing wrong with the way we have it now.

I like a five-day work week with a little overtime here and there. I don't work the 11-hour day/5 to 6 day weeks I used to, but I like my 9 hour a day/5 day work week just fine.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And going back to UBI, I don't want my tax dollars spent on that. Period. Life is all about survival of the fittest.

-J.

(Note: Someone needs to fix the title, as it's partial clickbait.)

Scape @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:54 pm

Economies bend towards efficiency not individual want. If they can show on the balance sheet effectiveness no matter how much you whine otherwise they will embrace changing policies.

raydan @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:59 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Worst idea EVER. Universal basic income makes people dependent on the state instead of pushing themselves to be better and make more of their lives, and a 4-day work week is not feasible in a lot of places. There's nothing wrong with the way we have it now.

I like a five-day work week with a little overtime here and there. I don't work the 11-hour day/5 to 6 day weeks I used to, but I like my 9 hour a day/5 day work week just fine.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And going back to UBI, I don't want my tax dollars spent on that. Period. Life is all about survival of the fittest.

-J.

(Note: Someone needs to fix the title, as it's partial clickbait.)

So it's all about you.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:22 pm

raydan raydan:
So it's all about you.

Not in the slightest. You seem to have some sort of fetish that revolves around making things about me when they clearly aren't. Put me on your Foes list and let the adults carry on with the discussions, OK?

Thanks.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:32 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

It’s time to switch to a four-day working week, economists argue

Why universal basic income is worth a serious look

Universal basic income gains momentum in America

raydan @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:11 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
raydan raydan:
So it's all about you.

Not in the slightest. You seem to have some sort of fetish that revolves around making things about me when they clearly aren't. Put me on your Foes list and let the adults carry on with the discussions, OK?

Thanks.

-J.

My fetishes have absolutely nothing to do about you, but thanks for your interest. Why would I put you on my foes list? Besides, when would I use my petulant child meme if I did that?

raydan @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:15 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
And going back to UBI, I don't want my tax dollars spent on that. Period.

This tells me everything I need to know about you... you're getting very close to being the worst person I've met on CKA, very close.

It's all about you, you care for nothing else.

And that's all I can say without getting a warning.

Proculation @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:35 pm

raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

This tells me everything I need to know about you... you're getting very close to being the worst person I've met on CKA, very close.

I am ! (the worst person you have met on CKA) :twisted:

raydan @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Proculation Proculation:
raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

Mange de la merde, Proc! [B-o]

:lol: :wink:

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:52 pm

raydan raydan:

You know nothing, but I'm not shocked one bit.

-J.

Zipperfish @ Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Proculation Proculation:
raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

Yes! C'est vrai!

CDN_PATRIOT @ Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:33 pm

I'd still like to know who is supposed to pay for UBI if it ever becomes a thing.

-J.

Scape @ Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:37 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'd still like to know who is supposed to pay for UBI if it ever becomes a thing.

-J.

The same people who pay for the broken system we call the status quo and we can bank the savings from streamlining the system.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:29 pm

So basically, we the taxpayers. No thanks.

-J.

1  2  Next