Canada Kicks Ass
Email from an American Visitor

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Streaker @ Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:56 pm

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
Streaker Streaker:
We don't go around destroying third-world countries to get what we want, though, which is kind of neat,

How do you destroy a thrid world country?
Can you really ruin it more than it arleady is?

So you are saying Afghanistan was better off under the Taliban?
Or Iraq under Saddam?

I think the jury's still out on Afghanistan.

Iraq was most certainly better off under Saddam, though.

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Streaker Streaker:
I think the jury's still out on Afghanistan.

wow your spent

And what do you thinks Cuba was better off under US rule or the current situation?

commanderkai @ Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 pm

Streaker Streaker:

LOL says who? You? Streaker I'm seriously going to mail you to North Korea and let you stay there until the US overthrows that regime....IF they do, see if you're still being an ass who basically has no idea what's he's talking about.

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
Streaker Streaker:

LOL says who? You? Streaker I'm seriously going to mail you to North Korea and let you stay there until the US overthrows that regime....IF they do, see if you're still being an ass who basically has no idea what's he's talking about.

he cant help it he is hopelessly brainwashed by the CBC.

And who ares about those pesky little Kurds Saddam gassed :roll:

Streaker @ Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 pm

You guys are in denial. Iraq was, beyond any shadow of a doubt, better off when Saddam was its leader.

C.M. Burns @ Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:49 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
Streaker Streaker:

he cant help it he is hopelessly brainwashed by the CBC.

And who ares about those pesky little Kurds Saddam gassed :roll:

You're right. 15,000 Kurds doesn't compare to the >1,000,000 Iraqis now dead thanks to George Fucking Bush and the Neo-con crime wave.

MD You live in the states - you don't get the CBC. You've never seen the CBC. Maybe you've got a satellite dish but it ain't pointing north.

Tokimini @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:06 am

Individualist Individualist:
"We aren't brothers (why do some people insist on describing the relationship in such manipulatively sentimental terms?)"

But we are brothers.

America is the rebellious older brother that got tired of being bossed around by Mom and Dad and ran away from home.

Mom and Dad (and all the teachers) expected the older brother to be a failure, but he became a success, in defiance of their dire predictions.

Canada is the always well-behaved little brother that always resented his older sibling's popularity and charisma. Little brother always tried to please Mom and Dad and pretty much everyone else around him, and he was well-liked by others. But that never translated to the level of attention older brother always managed to get, even if that attention was sometimes negative.

Little brother wasn't in a hurry to vacate the nest. In fact, Mom and Dad finally had to kick him out of the house and force him to get his own place. Little brother was always the favourite of the teachers, because he always did his homework and always played well with others. In fact, little brother often volunteered to be hall monitor, and he functioned particularly well in that capacity, even if he sometimes lacked the requisite assertiveness.

Big brother would get into a lot of fights, and even had the odd run-in with the law. But he was successful nonetheless, and did very well with the girls, who were drawn to his bad boy ways, despite their frequent protests to the contrary.

Where little brother didn't feel the need to be polite and self-deprecating was when the topic of his troublemaker sibling came up. All the bile and bitterness that he suppressed when dealing with friends and strangers alike came out whenever he saw or spoke of his older brother, who responded to his kid brother's resentment and relentless critcism with little more than a dismissive shrug. This of course only served to make little brother even more angry and resentful.

You neglected to mention that when little brother went into the manufacturing business, big brother gave preference to little brother's goods over other manufacturers, and ended up buying 80% of what little brother produced. This gave little brother a very comfortable lifestyle. But rather than being appreciative, this dependency made little brother even more resentful and nasty, to the point where big brother is thinking about ending his preference for little brother's goods.
I wonder how well little brother would do in the big, bad world all on his own, with no agreement with wealthy big brother to rely on.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:51 am

I have to agree that Iraq was better off than it is now. Arab society admires and requires a strong man. It always has and always will. Western democracy has as much of a chance within an Arab society as it does in China. Under Saddam you were alright as long as you didn't piss him or the Baath Party off. He created infrastructure, repressed sectarian violence, created one of the few egalitarian societies within the Arab world and gave the vast majority of Iraqis a standard of living far and above what they have today. he may have created peace and stability through fear and intimidation, but as I've already stated that is what Arab cultures respect. Under Saddam's rule scores of people died every year as opposed to the thousands that die every year now.

But having said all of this, Hitler did a lot for the German people and State too, before conflict broke out.

Arctic_Menace @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:05 am

$1:
I have to agree that Iraq was better off than it is now. Arab society admires and requires a strong man. It always has and always will. Western democracy has as much of a chance within an Arab society as it does in China. Under Saddam you were alright as long as you didn't piss him or the Baath Party off. He created infrastructure, repressed sectarian violence, created one of the few egalitarian societies within the Arab world and gave the vast majority of Iraqis a standard of living far and above what they have today. he may have created peace and stability through fear and intimidation, but as I've already stated that is what Arab cultures respect. Under Saddam's rule scores of people died every year as opposed to the thousands that die every year now.

Careful man, that be crazy Liberal talk right there... :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:34 am

no, reality has no political twist to it. The Liberal style talk is not to include the disclaimer at the bottom.

bootlegga @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Streaker Streaker:
we're neighbours, and Americans should never assume that Canada will always "be there" for them when they screw up and get themselves into yet another mess.

Excuse us when did Canada ever bail us out of trouble?

I love Canada. My wife is Canadian, my children are half Canadian, but than people like streaker really show the bad side of Canadians, its even worse when you meet them in person, I mean I have almost gone to fists a couple of times.

but on average most of us are the same want the same etc. etc.

Then you must underrstand how Canadians feel when people like Bill O'Reilly, Pat Buchanan, and Ann Coulter (to name a few) trash Canada...

I don't think Canada has ever bailed the USA out, but then again, they've never bailed us out either. There have been times when one has come to the aid of the other (Katrina for us and the Auto Pact for you guys). Together we've built a continent that is the envy of the entire world (at least in its ability to generate wealth and military power).

I have many American friends and have visited the country half a dozen times, but that doesn't mean I want Canada to be exactly like the US.

Ruxpercnd @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:34 pm

You know...? This thread has really taken a sideways turn... it has devolved to a central theme often found on CKA. So... let me address some of the devolution:

bootlegga bootlegga:
.....Then you must underrstand how Canadians feel when people like Bill O'Reilly, Pat Buchanan, and Ann Coulter (to name a few) trash Canada...

First let's just dismiss Pat Buchanan, and Ann Coulter... most Americans do. They are pretty loose cannons. Ann Coulter is funny to a point... then it gets old.

However, Bill O'Reilly, while I don't always agree with him, tries to take a rational conservative approach to things. O'Reilly, while seeming strident sometimes (he is a commentator), he does try to offer a voice to both sides to an issue. So, let's take a look at what O'Reilly said about Canada about four years ago (Whoa... time flies when we are having fun). I don't think O'Reilly is trashing Canada. But he certainly responded when Canada trashed the U.S.:

If you can find something unwarranted that O'Reilly has said about Canada, then please provide the quotes.

$1:
Hi, I'm Bill O'Reilly. Thank you for watching us tonight.

Hating America. That is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo." According to a new poll, 40 percent of Canadian teenagers think America is an evil country. Among French-Canadian teens, the number jumps to 64 percent. Those numbers can be laid right on the doorstep of the Canadian media and government

As you may know, the FOX News Channel is not allowed in Canada, but CNN is. Fair and balanced? You decide.

The USA takes a relentless pounding from many Canadian news organizations and from the liberal government. So, what can we expect from the kids? They're not getting a full picture. And neither is most of the world.

Increasingly, the bully America is being portrayed as the devil. And the far left in this country is gleefully piling on. Guys like Michael Moore [are] running around the world telling everybody what a bad place America is. Moore and his enablers should be very proud of themselves

For the benefit of the Canadian kids, let's take a look at the record:

•The foreign and defense policies of Ronald Reagan (search) resulted in the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the freeing of approximately 122 million people in Eastern Europe.

• The state of Israel would cease to exist if not for American protection, and about 5.5 million Jews would be in grave danger.

• Nearly 23 million Taiwanese would be denied freedom if not for American protection. More than 48 million South Koreans would be living under a dictatorship if not for American protection. USA action led to the removal of the Serbian dictator Milosevic (search), who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of people in the Balkans.

• The USA and Britain removed the Iraqi dictator Hussein, who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle East. And we have also removed the terrorist Taliban government in Afghanistan.

• America is sending $15 billion to Africa to help victims of AIDS. We were unable to find out how much France contributes, if anything. To be fair, Canada sends $270 million, which is substantial.

• American action in Central America, Grenada (search), and Haiti (search) has kept millions of people out of totalitarian regimes. Of course, all of this has cost every American taxpayer big. And thousands of American servicepeople have lost their lives protecting people overseas.

It is insulting and dishonest for Americans and Canadians and Europeans to condemn this country because they don't like certain policies. Dissent is good. Slander is unacceptable.

The truth is that the USA has freed more human beings in 230 years than the rest of the world combined. France has freed almost no one. Ditto Canada.

So, pardon me as I object to the Michael Moores of the world — and that man is too cowardly to come in here, all right? Pardon me as I object to the anti-American foreign press and bums like Chirac in France and Chretien in Canada.

America has a provable history of freeing oppressed people all over the world in fighting evil dictators. Canada should be ashamed that so many of its young people are flat out ignorant. And Americans should wise up and realize we are living in a changing world. Old friends are not necessarily true friends.
And that's "The Memo."

C.M. Burns @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:44 am

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
However, Bill O'Reilly, while I don't always agree with him, tries to take a rational conservative approach to things.

rational??? The guy who screams SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! at guests?

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
If you can find something unwarranted that O'Reilly has said about Canada, then please provide the quotes.

$1:
Hi, I'm Bill O'Reilly. Thank you for watching us tonight.

Hating America. That is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo." According to a new poll, 40 percent of Canadian teenagers think America is an evil country. Among French-Canadian teens, the number jumps to 64 percent. Those numbers can be laid right on the doorstep of the Canadian media and government

Right, blame the media and the government. Canadians can and do think for themselves.

$1:
The USA takes a relentless pounding from many Canadian news organizations and from the liberal government.

A relentless pounding???
Come on, Billo.

$1:
So, what can we expect from the kids? They're not getting a full picture. And neither is most of the world.Increasingly, the bully America is being portrayed as the devil.

I can only recall one instance where America was referred to as the devil in the media... oh, wait, that was Hugo Chavez and he was only talking about George Fuckhead Bush.

$1:
For the benefit of the Canadian kids, let's take a look at the record:

•The foreign and defense policies of Ronald Reagan (search) resulted in the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the freeing of approximately 122 million people in Eastern Europe.

Wow! What complete bullshit!!! A total fabrication.

$1:
• The state of Israel would cease to exist if not for American protection

I think the Israelis would disagree pretty vehemently on that one.

$1:
• The USA and Britain removed the Iraqi dictator Hussein, who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle East.

Hundreds of thousands???

$1:
• America is sending $15 billion to Africa to help victims of AIDS. We were unable to find out how much France contributes, if anything. To be fair, Canada sends $270 million, which is substantial.

Only after years of trying to enforce Christian abstinence programs failed.

$1:
• American action in Central America, Grenada, and Haiti has kept millions of people out of totalitarian regimes. Of course, all of this has cost every American taxpayer big.

Oh no he didn't!
Nicaragua - US-trained and -backed death squads.
Guatemala - US-trained and -backed death squads.
Venezuela - US-backed coup attempts - not once but twice!
Guatemala - CIA organized coup to overthrow Arbenz
Honduras and US Fruit
CIA sponsored Bay of Pigs
Do you want me to go on?

American action in Central America has kept millions of people IN totalitarian regimes.
There, fixed that for you.

$1:
And thousands of American servicepeople have lost their lives protecting people overseas.

I think veterans around the world would like to kick O'Reilly's ass for implying that only the American contribution counts.

$1:
It is insulting and dishonest for Americans and Canadians and Europeans to condemn this country because they don't like certain policies. Dissent is good. Slander is unacceptable.

It is insulting to think that we condemn the actions of the US for their policies. We condemn the US for it's actions. Where is the slander, Bill?

$1:
The truth is that the USA has freed more human beings in 230 years than the rest of the world combined. France has freed almost no one. Ditto Canada.

You complete and total piece of shit.
I hope there isn't a battalion of soldiers wearing the Canadian flag on their shoulders heading to your studios, Bill.
Just who have you freed, Bill? The 500,000 children that died in Iraq because of US-led sanctions?
The million plus dead Iraqis? I bet they don't feel very free.
The thousands of Central and South Americans who were murdered by CIA backed and US-trained death squads?
The millions of Central and South American people who suffered for decades under brutal dictatorships thanks to CIA-backed coups and US support?

$1:
Pardon me as I object to the anti-American foreign press and bums like Chirac in France and Chretien in Canada.

Pardon me while I wretch. I recall Bill cried pretty hard when an MP called Bush a moron.
Wanna talk about Bums? How about your decider? 64% of Americans think his presidency has been a catastrophe!

O'Reilly is a liar. A real piece of shit.
He and the others like him at Fox News are the reason they're not allowed to spread their lies via a Canadian Fox news channel.

And that's the REAL MEMO, Bill.

C.M. Burns @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:47 am

@Ruxpercnd
How is calling Chrétien a 'bum' warranted?

Chumley @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:11 am

We can get Fox news here can't we?

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next