Canada Kicks Ass
Josh from America

1  2  3  4  Next

mccauleyfanatic @ Sun May 25, 2003 1:06 pm

I saw the following posting on a Website. It was written by Josh, an American with an axe to grind about Canada, & a very uninformed one, I might add. I was so impressed with David Gibson's (a Vancouver resident) reply, I decided to print it here.

Josh wrote:

All Americans should stop visiting Canada just for the things they
have said about the United States since 911. They don't support us in
any way shape or form. I for one have stopped buying any products made
in Canada and have been telling others to do so also. If only a third
of us would stop going to Canada and buying products made there they
would realize just how much they need us to spend there.

David Gibson's reply:

Josh, perhaps you should share this keen political insight with the 4000
US citizens who were welcomed and embraced by residents of Greater
Vancouver when their flights were forced down here on September 11. I am
sure they must still deeply resent the meals, accommodation, hot showers,
sightseeing, movie tickets, and free phone calls home to frantic family
members.

Or the 12,000+ who were accommodated by the people of Newfoundland and
Labrador, Canada's poorest province. Those American passengers were so
angry and disgusted at their treatment there that they appointed a
committee, took up a collection, and returned a year later to force their
hostile host towns to accept several scholarships and a classroom full of
computers.

Or the New York firefighters who were so clearly outraged when the
Vancouver firefighters presented them with a cheque for $ 565,000,
representing money collected from Vancouver residents in a 12-hour blitz.
They were quite right to be disappointed that they were only Canadian
dollars.

I applaud your decision to stop buying Canadian products, even if it means
you won't have natural gas to heat your home, electricity to run your
television, or gasoline to put in your car. I admire a guy who is
prepared to make personal sacrifices in order to maintain deeply held
personal principles.

Carry on, Josh.

Navy141 @ Sun May 25, 2003 2:47 pm

That is quite possibly the classiest thing I have read in a while.

jugendlicher_deutscher @ Sun May 25, 2003 3:05 pm

such things are just funny!!!!!!!

luke @ Sun May 25, 2003 11:14 pm

what site was this on?

mccauleyfanatic @ Mon May 26, 2003 1:43 pm

http://www.vancouver.hm/canfacts.html but it's the same thing cuz the guy found it on a board somewhere you'de have to ask the owner of that site.

fatbasturd @ Mon May 26, 2003 2:06 pm

That is why i'm proud to be a canadian and why we kick ass.pasit03 fat....but now for the otherside of the coin...after the Halifax explosion occured the first major city to respond was Boston Mass.
Which to this day is still the sister city of Halifax NS....and im proud to say that even to this day as a token of appreciation,the city of Halifax still supplies the town square of Boston with it's annual Christmas tree....

electricbuford @ Wed May 28, 2003 7:46 am

Anybody else here noticed that this site seems to get at least one new fruit loop posting each week ?

Hopper @ Wed May 28, 2003 8:15 am

Seems like some people really take some things personally....we all apologize WarHawk for having terrorist camps in our arctic and training them soooo well that they could sneak by your big, tough border guards and their guns.....I'm glad the US knows about them, because we've never had any indication they exist...of course we're not as aware of the world around us as you are.....we're sorry that many of us speak our mind and voice our displeasure with your right wing administration. We know you can't without being branded un-Patriotic. And in fairness to you, it's not like you actually elected your President...he was selected for you....we're sorry about the lumber dispute...I guess our answer is just that we have many, many more trees that are considered better than yours.....We're sorry about our waffling on the Iraq issue, but you know, when your going to take on a ruthless dictator you should really assess the situation....you know, like the US did in WWII by waiting for years to contribute....but then again everyone KNEW Hitler had weapons......

.....and finally we apologize for the passive aggressive, sarcastic way we apologize for everything, when in fact it's truly just thinly veiled criticism.....

Gangrenous @ Wed May 28, 2003 10:30 am

electricbuford electricbuford:
Anybody else here noticed that this site seems to get at least one new fruit loop posting each week ?

You know, I just posted a similar comment in another thread before I got to read this one. I guess it would be that Canadian superior intelligence coming out that warhawk was talking about.

electricbuford @ Thu May 29, 2003 7:34 am

As most of you know , the U.S. has a color coded terror alert system that helps identify the present terrorist threat level . The present color ( I think ) - is Flamin' cherry red . Anyway , I thought it would be good if Canadaka.net had a threat warning system in place to help members of this site properly identify Posters of mass delusion ( PMDs ) . Appparently we continue to have various fruits and nuts posting on this fine site , and in the future we can now identify them with the following handy threat identification guide .

Canadaka.net TRAIL MIX Alert system :

1. Fruit : This is a poster who comes to the site purely to be a ' shit disturber ' They are to be avoided at all costs . They can be orange , lemon , or cherry - but almost always are lemon because they are so bitter . Rarer still is the coconut variety. These posters may even be in the form of a politician's child .

2. Nut : A poster who initially makes an ass of themselves on the site because they have an axe to grind about Canada , but soon come to their senses after a bit of assistance from the moderator . Somewhat dangerous at first , these types can usually be reformed and often integrated successfully into the site ( Ex. Absolut SS)

3. Candy : These are posters who are like most of the rest of us who , despite the occassional hard outer candy shell , are delicious inside and contribute favorably to this site .

RoyalHighlander @ Thu May 29, 2003 10:39 am

Granola danger chart.... A fruit, or a nut, or a flake.. LMAO

Canadaka @ Thu May 29, 2003 7:28 pm

LOL :lol: I love it electricbuford. But yah gotta admit some fruit and nuts can really add some flavor to the forums, from time to time.

ABSOLUT_SS @ Sat May 31, 2003 4:49 am

...will consider KA's comment redemption. For the sake of accuracy though, I think I'm more a "frutt" than a nut or fruit. "PMD's", I love it. "SS" will now go back to polishing his hand-grenade collection while whistling "what a wonderful world"...

mccauleyfanatic @ Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:22 am

hahaah I *lub* it! :D

Canadaka @ Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:58 pm

I see skies of blue and clouds of white...

1  2  3  4  Next