Canada Kicks Ass
Who cares what America thinks?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 10  Next

Comtech @ Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:03 pm

What is the purpose of the rest of the world leaving fossil fuels if America will not do it? America creates 95% of the world pollution and consumes 90% of the world resources while producing only .56% of the total goods in the world. So even if other nations did switch to clean energy sources completely then that will not help the world at all.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:16 pm

You do know that Canada also pollutes a good deal. Those C02 emmissions aren't exactly good for the ozone you know.

BigDubUSA @ Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:21 pm

Comtech Comtech:
What is the purpose of the rest of the world leaving fossil fuels if America will not do it? America creates 95% of the world pollution and consumes 90% of the world resources while producing only .56% of the total goods in the world. So even if other nations did switch to clean energy sources completely then that will not help the world at all.

I would've guessed China... Is that 95% Air, water or land? Or do we create 95% of ALL?
Try telling that to the billionarie oil companies around the world, who influence govt. Not just American govt. either! Mineral Rights are HUGE money, and I just don't see that the ones preaching for alternative energy sources having enough to do battle! It's a valid argument, but without the funds to challenge these trillionaire industires, it's not enough to be heard!

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:22 pm

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:
No it won't just disappear...becoming a "third world backwater" is a possibility though. It's much more of a possibility if it is not recognised. It's much more of a possibility if the US continues on its current course. That's what makes the Bush regime so dangerous. They are willing to fiddle while Rome burns because Nero remained a rich man, actually got richer, when that happened.

Everything from the housing price bubble, to the debt, to the lack of willingness to begin switching from fossil fuels to alternate energy sources points to deep problems in the United States.

I have heard this same stuff for years and years, even my parents tell me they heard the same stuff. Everyone was ranting the same things in the 70's when the economy was going to shit. Most of those other countries who are third world only have 1 crop that they can grow and rely on only a few exports, while the usa grows many crops and exports tons of goods. I think what you need to examine is why 3rd world nations are 3rd world. I mean places in Central America relied to coffee to make money, or sugar, and when you only have 1 or 2 goods that drive your economy, you are usually going to be in deep shit. I mean Russia fell, and is regaining strength, I mean of course it's going to take a while for them to get anywhere, but their economy is growing because they have enough resources to build it up.

Pop-O @ Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:49 pm

This thread started of with a question as to why Canadians should care about America. When the same can be said of Americans caring about Canada, Vietnam, France, Italy, Spain, and everywhere else it has sent its young to preserve freedom throughout the world.

We're call the world's Police Department, well that we may be, but we have alliances with countries all over because we need one another to stay a viable country.

No country, on its own can flourish. It always needs to import things from somewhere and in exchange they export, creating free trade.

So when you say that you shouldn't care, your just condeming your own country in a manner of speaking.

As someone mentioned, the American People do not always agree with the American Politicians, just like Canadians, British and so on. But we elect some fools every once in a while and have to live with it until elections take place.

I have some Canadians on my forum and we've talk about politics, American and Canadian and i've yet to hear any of them say that we shouldn't care about each other.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:22 am

Comtech Comtech:

I'd like to know where you got these stats from?

Gonzo @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:32 am

This started as a post on Canadian image. When I said I dont care what America thinks it was just about Canadas image. It has nothing to do with caring for the country. Both countries need to trade with one another. But if America thinks we're a bunch of beer drinking hockey players who ride dog sleds to the game and say "eh" all the time who cares?
I accidently posted twice so I had to change one of them.

Gonzo @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:32 am

America does pollute but I dont believe 95% of the worlds pollution. Canadians pollute more per person then any other country.
The US will fall as the one world supper power. Look at Rome. They over extended themselves and fell. I dont think America is doomed or anything like that. They'll have to cut spending to the military, America spent half a trillion dollars on this war alone. Think of what that could of gone to. They just cant keep this up and not fall into terrible debt. The Soviet Empire had to make huge changes and so will America.

Comtech @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:13 pm

Pop-O Pop-O:
This thread started of with a question as to why Canadians should care about America. When the same can be said of Americans caring about Canada, Vietnam, France, Italy, Spain, and everywhere else it has sent its young to preserve freedom throughout the world.

We're call the world's Police Department, well that we may be, but we have alliances with countries all over because we need one another to stay a viable country.

No country, on its own can flourish. It always needs to import things from somewhere and in exchange they export, creating free trade.

So when you say that you shouldn't care, your just condeming your own country in a manner of speaking.

As someone mentioned, the American People do not always agree with the American Politicians, just like Canadians, British and so on. But we elect some fools every once in a while and have to live with it until elections take place.

I have some Canadians on my forum and we've talk about politics, American and Canadian and i've yet to hear any of them say that we shouldn't care about each other.

Common knowledge. Where else would the pollutioncome from? Most of the bad things in the world happen because of America so one can only logically assume that 95% of the pollution is caused by the Americans. Unless you can prove otherwise using non-American corrupted stats your opinions do not matter.

Twila @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:26 pm

Environment: Pollution - Carbon Dioxide per capita (Top 100 Countries)

Country Description Amount
1. United States 20
2. Luxembourg 17
3. Australia 17
4. Canada 16
5. Belgium 12
6. Finland 12
7. Czech Republic 12
8. Netherlands 11
9. Denmark 11
10. Germany 10
11. Ireland 10
12. Japan 9
13. United Kingdom 9
14. New Zealand 8
15. Poland 8
16. Iceland 8
17. Austria 8
18. Norway 8
19. Greece 8
20. Korea, South 8
21. Italy 7
22. Hungary 6
23. Switzerland 6
24. France 6
25. Sweden 6

Map & Graph: Environment: Pollution - Municipal Waste per capita (Top 100 Countries)

1. New Zealand 6350
2. Germany 5460
3. United States 720
4. Australia 690
5. Iceland 650
6. Switzerland 600
7. Norway 600
8. Luxembourg 590
9. France 590
10. Netherlands 560
11. Denmark 560
12. Ireland 560
13. Austria 510
14. Canada 500
15. Hungary 490
16. Belgium 480
17. United Kingdom 480
18. Italy 460
19. Portugal 440
20. Finland 410
21. Japan 400
22. Korea, South 400
23. Spain 390
24. Greece 370
25. Sweden 360

And just for kicks, Nuclear waste per capita,
Map & Graph: Environment: Pollution - Nuclear Waste (Top 100 Countries)

1. United States 2,100
2. Canada 1,340
3. France 1,130
4. Japan 964
5. United Kingdom 820
6. Germany 450
7. Korea, South 364
8. Sweden 238
9. Spain 192
10. Belgium 80
11. Finland 71
12. Switzerland 64
13. Hungary 55
14. Czech Republic 45
15. Mexico 42
16. Netherlands 12
Total 7,967
Weighted Average 1,055.35
All this from
http://www.nationmaster.com

BigDubUSA @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:28 pm

Comtech Comtech:
Common knowledge. Where else would the pollutioncome from? Most of the bad things in the world happen because of America so one can only logically assume that 95% of the pollution is caused by the Americans. Unless you can prove otherwise using non-American corrupted stats your opinions do not matter.

OK Rev Jr!! Are you really this dumb? Or just being the typical Canadian comic?

BigDubUSA @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:41 pm

Nice to see we're "topping the charts"! (really not funny though)
Man, we are up there!

Comtech @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:38 pm

I don't buy those stats they are way off. I believe the correct ones are as follows: End of discussion I will not reply to your comments because you are wrong and I do not need to prove it.

Environment: Pollution - Carbon Dioxide per capita (Top 100 Countries)

1. United States 2,000,000
2. Luxembourg 17
3. Australia 17
4. Sweden 16
5. Belgium 12
6. Finland 12
7. Czech Republic 12
8. Netherlands 11
9. Denmark 11
10. Germany 10
11. Ireland 10
12. Japan 9
13. United Kingdom 9
14. New Zealand 8
15. Poland 8
16. Iceland 8
17. Austria 8
18. Norway 8
19. Greece 8
20. Korea, South 8
21. Italy 7
22. Hungary 6
23. Switzerland 6
24. France 6
25. Canada 0
Map & Graph: Environment: Pollution - Municipal Waste per capita (Top 100 Countries)

1. United States 10,200
2. New Zealand 700
3. Germany 750
4. Australia 690
5. Iceland 100
6. Switzerland 99
7. Norway 50
8. Luxembourg 50
9. France 45
10. Netherlands 43
11. Denmark 43
12. Ireland 42
13. Austria 41
14. Sweden 40
15. Hungary 30
16. Belgium 30
17. United Kingdom 30
18. Italy 26
19. Portugal 21
20. Finland 19
21. Japan 15
22. Korea, South 12
23. Spain 12
24. Greece 12
25. Canada 0

And just for kicks, Nuclear waste per capita,
Map & Graph: Environment: Pollution - Nuclear Waste (Top 100 Countries)

1. United States 2,100,000
2. Netherlands 660
3. France 660
4. Japan 640
5. United Kingdom 200
6. Germany 50
7. Korea, South 64
8. Sweden 38
9. Spain 92
10. Belgium 8
11. Finland 7
12. Switzerland 6
13. Hungary 5
14. Czech Republic 4
15. Mexico 4
16. Canada 0

Pop-O @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:43 pm

yes, we are topping the charts, and again right, its not funny.

If you took the population of Canada and compare it to the population of America, would those "stats" remain the same? We have a lot more people here in the USA and it does take more power to bring electricty, water, gas and other products to each person. So I would say yes, our "ranking would be higher.

As far as America "burning itself out", I don't see that happening at all. Yes, we've spent a lot of money on this war. Why? Because NO ONE else would. So who suffers for it, we do in America. We may end up paying higher prices for thing and also paying more taxes, but it will all work out.

I'm all for being proud of your country and raising the flag to salute it, but to say why care, thats just plain wrong.

karra @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:58 pm

$1:
I don't buy those stats they are way off. I believe the correct ones are as follows: End of discussion I will not reply to your comments because you are wrong and I do not need to prove it.

Yeah yeah right,

Now show us where Canada sits with regard to methane gas. Surely not the bottom of the lists as you've shown above, yeah?

With all the hard left confused nutters contained within the boundaries of Bonavista to Vancouver Island from the Artic Circle to the Great Lake waters we must rate higher than 25 or 16, no?

Can you see the fog lifting?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 10  Next