Canada Kicks Ass
Why do Canadians think the US threatens their independence?

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next

herbie @ Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Why are you afraid of annexation? We've more to worry about that from Quislings within our borders than expansionists to the South.
And their entire history has been one of anti-colonialism. They kick the shit out of you, install a friendly regime and get out.
Let's just say we're not afraid of Americans at all. Greatly disappointed in recent years, and somewhat offended is all.

Tricks @ Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Individualist Individualist:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Well, it's certain that the Nazis wouldn't have come to power had the other European powers (especially France) not turned the screws on Germany to such a great extent after WW I. Lots of blame to go around.

But I guess it's no fun blaming people other than Americans.

True. If the Treaty of Versailles had not happened/not been so harsh, there is great reason to believe it wouldn't have happened at all.

So I agree.

It would have still happened, just maybe not as soon. It was only a matter of time.

Tricks @ Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:50 pm

martin14 martin14:
ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Go research history, or talk to any World War Historian and they'll tell you that. During WW2 Canada brought that toughness, bravery, and fighting power with them. They did the same thing in WW2 as they did in WW1. They faught battles that other armies, failed to capture. Where they failed, the Canadian Core succeeded. At whatever cost.

you should research history, you guys had Germany on the ropes you did not need the USA :roll:

check out the dieppe raid, and operation market garden. there is many more.

oi, Dieppe was a disaster, but not from lack of trying; our British bosses
had no idea how to run a war.

Market Garden did not involve Canadian troops; if i remember correctly,
the Brit boys held onto the bridge at Arnhem 3 times longer than was asked;
it was the screw ups of the 101st and 82nd that prevented the Brits from being
releived.. i beleive the Germans helped a bit too.
Funny how the 101st always jumps on about Normandy and Bastogne,
but never say a word about Eindhoven ??

You might want to go back and read a history book before posting again :roll:

The 101st soldiers tell it differently. They were left out in the cold because Montgomery could get his shit together and help them out.

herbie @ Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:23 am

Why does every thread on every subject revert to WW2? Should we expand the scope of Godwin's Law?

stemmer @ Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:54 am

Only Liberal Fascists believe the US is a threat to Canadian sovereignty... It is how the Liberals promote Canadian nationalism... "To be a good Canadian you must be anti-American"... It's not unlike the mindset of the KKK or Muslim extremists...

I sincerely believe a strong USA is paramount to Canadian independence... AND not the opposite the Liberal Fascists wish us to believe....

Wally_Sconce @ Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:31 am

the day that Russia or China starts dictating terms to the USA, is the day things get a lot scarier for Canada.

stemmer @ Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:42 am

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
the day that Russia or China starts dictating terms to the USA, is the day things get a lot scarier for Canada.

Agreed...

herbie @ Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Liberal fascists. That's a good one. The jargon of the right becomes more idiotic by the day.

Mustang1 @ Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:24 am

herbie herbie:
Liberal fascists. That's a good one. The jargon of the right becomes more idiotic by the day.

It is rather stupid, but it's more a product of uneducated wannabes than ideological conservatives. Before it's over, you'll see something even more asinine. :wink:

Mustang1 @ Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:29 am

Individualist Individualist:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Well, it's certain that the Nazis wouldn't have come to power had the other European powers (especially France) not turned the screws on Germany to such a great extent after WW I. Lots of blame to go around.

But I guess it's no fun blaming people other than Americans.

The Americans aren't to blame - it's the Germans...Versailles was indeed an issue, but let's be honest, it was one of many and Germanic leanings rank at the top.

herbie @ Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:29 am

Ok the Nazis already got mentioned.
Godwins Law... lock the thread....

TheFoundersIntent @ Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:15 pm

We invented that slogan "Sich Heil", during one of our boardroom meetings.

Zipperfish @ Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:46 pm

herbie herbie:
Why does every thread on every subject revert to WW2? Should we expand the scope of Godwin's Law?

Because in our human secularist world, Hitler = Satan.

Mustang1 @ Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
herbie herbie:

Because in our human secularist world, Hitler = Satan.

True, and Hitler is the common person's chance to comment (not always correctly) on history. It's not too often someone chimes in with a Crimean War reference. :wink:

SprCForr @ Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Capt Nolan, possibly attempting to divert the plunge... Capt Nolan, possibly attempting to divert the plunge...:
True, and Hitler is the common person's chance to comment (not always correctly) on history. It's not too often someone chimes in with a Crimean War reference. :wink:

Oooo, see what I did there?

PDT_Armataz_01_14

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next