Canada Kicks Ass
Intro page on canadaka.net

1  2  Next

Canadaka @ Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:46 pm

Hi i am considering removing the intro page to canadaka.net, i have read a lot of stuff on the pros and cons of having a intropage like that. I have always kinda liked the idea, but im thniking far as the search engines and getting more ppl to the site, it might be better without it.
So im wondering if anyone has an opinion on the matter? or any experience?

Chopsticks2k2 @ Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:26 am

In all honesty, you should keep it. Perhaps make a better one (although this one IS good, I've seen better)...

Intro Pages, more commonly known as "Splash Pages" aren't nescarry, but they're nice to have around (and it's ESSENTIAL for pages that use PHP) and it can attract a lot of visitors who just surf by.

Well, there's my opinion.

Canadaka @ Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:07 pm

Thanks for the opinion, I think I have convinced myselft to keep the splashpage. I'm gunna redu it, maybe change the picture every month or something. What you think? black or white background?

Chopsticks2k2 @ Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:01 pm

Black for an intiminating/kick-ass look that can show Canada's tough side

White for a peaceful relaxing look that can show Canada's beauty.

By the way, the text below the splash intro ("Canadaka.net is a portal site for Canada Kicks Ass. "I Am Canadian"") is quite unneccacary.

Canadaka @ Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:50 am

I changed the intro page yet again, I think this will be a monthly thing. What you think of the new one?

I also changed the "Welcome to Canadaka.net" banner on the frontpage to 3 image links. Might get more people to sign the guestbook and check out the forums!

I also made some cosmetic changes to the banner at the top of canadaka.net.

jmjinks @ Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:07 am

I've probably told you thsi already, but Jaime is a babe,

She could encourage me to visit anytime. :D

RoyalHighlander @ Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:19 pm

Just make sure your meta tags are telling all the content of the site...

Canadaka @ Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:13 pm

The new intropage is up for this month, what do you think?

jmjinks @ Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:48 pm

Its nice, however come December I expect to see some hot babe in a Santa cap.

RoyalHighlander @ Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:23 pm

Nice page Trev, Thanks for the Lest we Forget gif there....

Canadaka @ Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:41 pm

HO HO HO

Canadaka @ Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:07 am

how does this look for the picture on the intro page for a bit. might add a santa hat.

BobCarrick @ Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:59 am

You really should get rid of the intro page. Statistacly speaking the more clicks people need to find their info the more people leave and do not come back. Too many websites do not get clicks past the index page, and intro pages are one of the number one causes of that.

Canadaka @ Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:46 pm

Yah i realise these things, i just kinda like it. its purdy. hmmm we'll see.
I added a vote to the top of this thread, so vote on what you think!

BobCarrick @ Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:48 pm

I'm just giving you my educated opinion on what works and what doesn't with websites. You want to make some money form this site so I'm tyring to give you free advice. it's up to you though of course.

1  2  Next