Canada Kicks Ass
The CKA Marijuana Poll

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  Next

Gunnair @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:09 am

ASLplease ASLplease:
Thanks for explaining it from your perspective.

I think it would ok for you to relax a little bit more, Derby

I had moved on to a secondary point on how to make a poll more balance. I didn't say that I disagreed with your results. The results are what they are.

You could make your own poll, no?

ASLplease @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
In fact the reason it wasn't just a straight "tried pot? yes/no" poll is because I knew you would have taken exception to the fact that "tried it" encompassed everybody from the guy who took a few tokes to the guys who still smoke quite a bit.

Its not animosity towards you, I'm just answering your concerns about the poll.

Thanks for that. I agree with you. Doing a fair bit of marijuan in your youth doesn't neccesarily mean that you approved of your actions, or currently approve your actions. For example, when I started smoking cigarettes in my youth, I knew that it was wrong, but chose to smoke it anyways with the believe that I would quite in my mid 20s.

As it is, your poll's "smoke it only once in a while" may include people that a casual users that don't necessarily agree with what they are doing. Lots of people are willing to compromise their beliefs if its only once every 3-6 months. In fact, I suspect that 'once in a while but I don't agree with it" accounts for a sizable portion of all drug use, prostitution, theft, etc.

Brenda @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:16 am

I don't think Derbs poll is about wether people agree with their decisions or not. Maybe its you that should just lighten up a bit...

It's CKA, not some official government survey.

DerbyX @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 am

ASLplease ASLplease:

No problem. I'm lighting up a joint to do just that. :lol:

ASLplease @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 am

Brenda Brenda:
I don't think Derbs poll is about wether people agree with their decisions or not..

thanks. Although, we mean this in different context, I guess we are actually agreeing on this point.

Brenda Brenda:
Maybe its you that should just lighten up a bit...

point well taken. I have reconsider my posts to Derby, and will recommit myself to staying on the topic, and less time using the "you" word. As it is, I think my "you" count is much lower than Derby's "You" count, so I think I'm sitting pretty good.

Brenda @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:30 am

We should all light(en) up a bit. :lol:
Eggnog anyone? ;-)

ASLplease @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:30 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
ASLplease ASLplease:

Holidays starting early or are you just being provocative?

ASLplease @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 am

Brenda Brenda:
Eggnog anyone? ;-)

with a little bit of white rum?
[drool]

Brenda @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 am

ASLplease ASLplease:
Brenda Brenda:
Eggnog anyone? ;-)

with a little bit of white rum?
[drool]

Whatever floats your boat! :D

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 am

Brenda Brenda:
Eggnog anyone? ;-)

real homemade eggnog or that pasteurized crap stuff from the grocery store? Has to have spiced rum too.

Gunnair @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Brenda Brenda:
Eggnog anyone? ;-)

real homemade eggnog or that pasteurized crap stuff from the grocery store?

Phhhhtt... eggnog is just Moosemilk lite...

Brenda @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:39 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Brenda Brenda:
Eggnog anyone? ;-)

real homemade eggnog or that pasteurized crap stuff from the grocery store? Has to have spiced rum too.

Real of course! With rum. If you want. ;-)

ASLplease @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 am

What I like about Moosemilk lite, it can be easily upgraded to the industry kind.

DerbyX @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 am

ASLplease ASLplease:
DerbyX DerbyX:
In fact the reason it wasn't just a straight "tried pot? yes/no" poll is because I knew you would have taken exception to the fact that "tried it" encompassed everybody from the guy who took a few tokes to the guys who still smoke quite a bit.

Its not animosity towards you, I'm just answering your concerns about the poll.

Thanks for that. I agree with you. Doing a fair bit of marijuan in your youth doesn't neccesarily mean that you approved of your actions, or currently approve your actions. For example, when I started smoking cigarettes in my youth, I knew that it was wrong, but chose to smoke it anyways with the believe that I would quite in my mid 20s.

As it is, your poll's "smoke it only once in a while" may include people that a casual users that don't necessarily agree with what they are doing. Lots of people are willing to compromise their beliefs if its only once every 3-6 months. In fact, I suspect that 'once in a while but I don't agree with it" accounts for a sizable portion of all drug use, prostitution, theft, etc.

Well the problem here is that is only your belief and its based on preconceptions. I can't think of another way to answer this correctly without pointing this out. In fact all the people on here who still smoke pot are in fact posting their beliefs about it and they are all saying they have no problem with it. Even the people who said they smoked a fair bit in their youth are telling you that. Just as they don't go clubbing every weekend to go home with girls or guys they just hooked up with doesn't me they have anything against that either. They just have different priorities in life.

In fact unlike tobacco smokers who often readily agree with the harmful affects it has on them I have found most pot users are well versed on the affects and can point to studies showing that it isn't the case with pot.

In fact the people here who think its bad for you or "don't agree with it" are saying that too and they are the ones in the "never tried it" and "tried it only a few times" category. Even when people tell you directly that they smoke pot because they like it and are making the choice of their own free will you still can't seem to accept it. Throwing in red herrings like prostitution (and you are wrong about that also) and theft is meaningless.

You have to face facts that people who do drugs do so because it doesn't offend their morality or sense of right and wrong. What it offends is yours and you seem unwilling to accept that they are making that choice willingly and cheerfully.

DerbyX @ Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 am

ASLplease ASLplease:
DerbyX DerbyX:
ASLplease ASLplease:

Holidays starting early or are you just being provocative?

You do understand levity don't you? :?

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  Next