Canada Kicks Ass
Canada: a nation of bigots?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

2Cdo @ Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Macguyver Macguyver:
Maybe you should re-read the post. That is not even close to what it says.

Read it right the first time. Maybe you should proof read your drivel. :roll:

Macguyver @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:40 am

That is not self hate, that is reality. Its criticism based on my observations as an employer and a member of my community and this country. If you don't know that something is wrong then how do you go about fixing it?

Remember the fall of the Roman Empire? What happened there? The Romans became rich and lazy and hired foreigners to fight their battles and do all their shit work. That is what is happening to Western Society. And then we have groups complaining about the number of different people from different places with different skin colour and different religious beliefs showing up on our shores.

I’m going to keep making a nice life for me and my family and I’m impressed with the work ethic and morality that alot of these foreign folks bring to my workplace. This is real life, not made up hypothesises about how bad whitey is and how good immigrants are. This is what I see every day.

We have lots of unemployed and unemployable white people. And as an employer if you’ve got years of BS on your resume and you’re not willing to work your ass off, I don't want you. And it seems like for years and years we’ve hired all sorts of people and a big chunk of young white men have ZERO work ethic – they don't have much in terms of education and they want $30 to do anything.

Now are you demonizing me for “whitey bad” comments because this is what I’m seeing in real life? Or do you have some response based on facts or your experiences? I'm not saying “whitey bad”, what I’m saying is “Whitey is lazy” and we need to either get our own people doing the jobs that we need them to do, or embrace immigration. I’ve embraced it because without them, I have a much more limited opportunity to run a profitable business.

Here on CKA you got an “elite” member of your community contributing negatively to this site, trolling, posting inaccurate quotes and making personal attacks. Yet chances are I will be censured even though I have tried my utmost to make good arguments with logical rhetoric. If you have ever visited one of those really crappy forums where logic and reason are trumped by hostility and personal character assault...this is where this forum will be (or is) if the “elite” members don't follow the rules.

Really what you are doing on this forum is no different than what is going on in our society. You’re here first, you feel threatened by newcomers, you do not have any logical arguments against their presence here, so instead of arguing with logic you demonize them, cast a shadow on their reputation with personal attacks and misrepresentation so that others will doubt their sincerity and morality.

Sounds familiar. Thanks for proving my point.

Gunnair @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:27 am

macguyver macguyver:
Now are you demonizing me for “whitey bad” comments because this is what I’m seeing in real life? Or do you have some response based on facts or your experiences? I'm not saying “whitey bad”, what I’m saying is “Whitey is lazy”

Replace whitey with blacks, Indians, Chinese, etc and you\ll swiftly get the picture that really, no matter how you try to defend or justify the statement, you are making a blanket judgment on an entire group of people and calling them lazy.

That is simply being a bigot.

macguyver macguyver:
Here on CKA you got an “elite” member of your community contributing negatively to this site, trolling, posting inaccurate quotes and making personal attacks. Yet chances are I will be censured even though I have tried my utmost to make good arguments with logical rhetoric. If you have ever visited one of those really crappy forums where logic and reason are trumped by hostility and personal character assault...this is where this forum will be (or is) if the “elite” members don't follow the rules.

I can't say I really understand this martyr diatribe other than the fact you might be using it as chaff to cover the issues of your original assertion of bigotry in your first post. That being said, if you are really taking umbrage with the way the discussion has gone, send a PM to the mods and lecture them on how the site should be run.

Frankly, I'm at a loss as to why you would institute a colour bar (be it black, white, yellow) and then be taken aback when someone calls you on it.

Welcome to the 21st century, by the way.

Macguyver @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 am

Makes sense. And I appreciate your point of view. But I think being white and being self critical is important.

You can call me a bigot and ignore the problems we're having with our own Canadian citizens, or you can wake up and realize that somehow what we are teaching our children does not reflect the ethic we need to succeed and compete in this world. It seems to me that the entitlement culture that Canadians seem to have is reflected in the work ethic that alot of them bring to the work place.

Do you want to continue with a homogenous society based on our history and religious values, or are you prepared to accept that immigrants are going to show up on our shores and out work our indigenous western population (European ancestors for the most part, not meaning the real Natives)?

Have it one way or have it the other. Don't fail to recognize our own shortcomings AND demonize the newcomers at the same time, because we need either our own people to step up or have someone else step in if we wish to remain at the top of the food chain.

I’ve made my choice. I’m going to be at or near the top of the food chain, and either you can reflect on why I’m not hiring your kids and why I’m hiring foreigners, or you can dismiss me as a bigot and watch those foreigners out-perform our kids for jobs.

And ya, we have lots of local white people working here, they are hard workers and great people. But finding new gems from the pool of workers that I have to choose from...they are rare.

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

Macguyver Macguyver:
And ya, we have lots of local white people working here, they are hard workers and great people. But finding new gems from the pool of workers that I have to choose from...they are rare.

That's what I got from his first post in the thread. Not 'white' or 'self hate', but a sense that stereotypes some people place on groups are mostly unfounded in reality. How strange.

I have a similar outlook, but not just on one group. I find in general the quality of the up and coming generation, whatever their skin colour - so long as they were born here, is that they don't want to work any harder than they have to in order to get by. They don't follow instruction, even if it is written down. And this confuses me.

Like he said, the one who will call in sick, will call in hungover, will just plain not show up; will not genreally be a member of a minority or recent immigrant. We have to force the guy who just had 4 absessed teeth pulled (sitting across from me now) that it's OK to go home and take the weekend for the swelling to come down. The painkillers he's avoiding because they dull his senses are good, because there is no need for anyone to be in that much pain. He's from India.

Unscientific statistic I know, but there he is. Looking like a chipmunk hiding 3 pounds of walnuts.

Tricks @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:52 am

Methinks that's not a product of a race, but a product of raising.

2Cdo @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Methinks that's not a product of a race, but a product of raising.

Exactly! But Macguyver went out of his way to emphasize "white" workers only. for that he is a self-hating bigot.

andyt @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

I don't believe there are any "products of race." Race is a pretty amorphous term anyway. What there are, are cultural differences. And I'm a cultural bigot in the sense that I believe our western culture overall, is the best. Not perfect, other cultures do some things better than we do, but overall, we're number one. Or were, another matter if we choose to continue that way. Which is why I have no use for McGuyver's argument that if we flood the country with Muslims who all then vote for Sharia law, well, that's democracy. But if we resist that flooding, well then us whities must be racist. Same applies to any other culture. Maybe not as extreme as sharia, but I don't want to live in new-China or India either. So have at it Gunnair and Shep, do your spewing of calling me a racist.

BartSimpson @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Macguyver Macguyver:
Please don't attribute quotes to me that I did not write. It gets my mom really upset with me and then she locks me in the basement after she takes away my mandolin. And my zither, you can't forget the zither. Oh, and I like pie. Cake is okay but pie is what does it for me. And Sarah Palin! I've got Sarah's poster on the ceiling above my bed and W 8O W does that woman do it for me! She's so much hotter than my sister!

No problem. I'll be sure to only quote you accurately.

bootlegga @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Macguyver Macguyver:

That's what I got from his first post in the thread. Not 'white' or 'self hate', but a sense that stereotypes some people place on groups are mostly unfounded in reality. How strange.

I have a similar outlook, but not just on one group. I find in general the quality of the up and coming generation, whatever their skin colour - so long as they were born here, is that they don't want to work any harder than they have to in order to get by. They don't follow instruction, even if it is written down. And this confuses me.

I agree to some extent, but to me this is nothing more than generational bashing, which has been going on forever.

The so-called 'greatest generation' called the Boomers a bunch of bums and potheads, while the Boomers labelled Gen X 'slackers', and now we're coming to see the same criticisms levelled against the Millenials.

For me the basic problem with such generalizations is that they are often incorrect due to stereotyping and biases. I'm willing to bet in every any group someone picks, you'll have a few slackers, a fair-sized number of 'average' people and a few high achievers - no group, be it race, nationality, gender or even age groups is immune to statistics like that.

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:39 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Macguyver Macguyver:

I agree to some extent, but to me this is nothing more than generational bashing, which has been going on forever.

The so-called 'greatest generation' called the Boomers a bunch of bums and potheads, while the Boomers labelled Gen X 'slackers', and now we're coming to see the same criticisms levelled against the Millenials.

For me the basic problem with such generalizations is that they are often incorrect due to stereotyping and biases. I'm willing to bet in every any group someone picks, you'll have a few slackers, a fair-sized number of 'average' people and a few high achievers - no group, be it race, nationality, gender or even age groups is immune to statistics like that.

Probabally so. In my trade, my observations may be true but MacGuyver's trade may present an entirely different bias. That's why statistics require large sample sizes, but stereotypes only need rumours.

GreenTiger @ Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Canada is as far removed from bigitry as you can get. The only thing that gets anywhere near close is Quebec, but they are more just a nationalistic pain in the ass, but every country has a group that is a national pain the ass.

Gunnair @ Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:05 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
Canada is as far removed from bigitry as you can get. The only thing that gets anywhere near close is Quebec, but they are more just a nationalistic pain in the ass, but every country has a group that is a national pain the ass.

When was the last time you were in Canada?

Lemmy @ Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:06 pm

You should spend some time in rural Canada. We're not so tolerant as you'd like to imagine. I hear nigger jokes every day. The gas station/convenience store uptown town is commonly referred to as the Packi-mart, so as not to confuse it with the Chink-mart convenience store downtown.

raydan @ Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
GreenTiger GreenTiger:

When was the last time you were in Canada?

You have to defend me now, we're in the same crowd. :lol:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next