Canada Kicks Ass
Tim Horton's dark roast

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I miss those days. For many companies the company coffee pot is a thing of the past.

We(teaching staff) all chipped in and bought a years worth of assorted coffees and associated supplies(creamers, sugar, flavouring, spices and such ) in June. The f*cking janitors drank or stole almost all of it over the summer. They sat around drinking our coffee,which was kept in a locked cabinet in the staff room, rather than cleaning the damned school. The cop shop only serves Timmies :?

Zipperfish @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:13 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I miss those days. For many companies the company coffee pot is a thing of the past.

We(teaching staff) all chipped in and bought a years worth of assorted coffees and associated supplies(creamers, sugar, flavouring, spices and such ) in June. The f*cking janitors drank or stole almost all of it over the summer. They sat around drinking our coffee,which was kept in a locked cabinet in the staff room, rather than cleaning the damned school. The cop shop only serves Timmies :?

We can't even chip in for a communal coffee pot because the company doesn't want to pay for the electricity to boil the water.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Heh...an advantage of working for the government. You have spend it if you got it.

raydan @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Free coffee where I work... pretty good stuff too.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:49 pm

so was ours.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

I have never had a sip of company coffee since this story came out:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/14909843/ns/u ... ee-please/

$1:
AKRON, Ohio — A former postal worker who poured urine into his co-workers' coffee must serve six months in a jail work-release program. .

Thomas Shaheen, 50, of suburban Springfield Township, also must pay $1,200 to the people he used to work with to cover their cost of making a secret video of his role in tainting the office coffee.

Shaheen stood and apologized to several postal workers in Akron Municipal Court where he pleaded guilty on Monday to two misdemeanor charges of tainting food.

"I don't know what became of me," said Shaheen, a postal employee for 13 years fired from his job at a post office vehicle maintenance facility in Akron. "I hope you find it in your hearts someday to forgive me."

The tainting occurred over several months. When workers realized what was going on, they told supervisors and an investigation began. When nothing came of the probe, workers had a video camera installed in the room where staffers made coffee.

Shaheen was videotaped on two occasions in July 2005 pouring urine into a coffee pot in a break room.

He didn't offer a motive, but his lawyer, Paul Adamson, said Shaheen had been frustrated about his work.

Shaheen’s co-workers weren’t exactly celebrating the moment in their lives.

"We can't believe Thomas would even stoop to this level for his own personal revenge," said Jene Jackson, who worked with Shaheen. "He would sit in the same room with people and watch them drink his sick little brew and think nothing of it."

Jabberwalker @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:10 pm

raydan raydan:
Unsound Unsound:
The french press is nice, but I'm quite happy with my Keurig for home coffee making. If I need some while I'm out 7-11 is my first choice. The problem is Tim's is so ubiquitous that if you don't care for their coffee you miss out on a lot of free coffee from co-workers or customers or bosses and such. Not to mention the 20s of dollars worth of Tim's gift cards that I've been given that have disappeared into the furthest reaches of my junk drawer because they never got used.

Didn't even know how it was called in English.

In Québec, we use the genericized trademark... Bodum.

Bodum is Danish, as I recall.

Goober911 @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:25 pm

raydan raydan:
andyt andyt:
I just make my own.

So do I, in one of these...

With a burr grinder?

Goober911 @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Unsound Unsound:
The french press is nice, but I'm quite happy with my Keurig for home coffee making. If I need some while I'm out 7-11 is my first choice. The problem is Tim's is so ubiquitous that if you don't care for their coffee you miss out on a lot of free coffee from co-workers or customers or bosses and such. Not to mention the 20s of dollars worth of Tim's gift cards that I've been given that have disappeared into the furthest reaches of my junk drawer because they never got used.

Please send, I will use them.

fifeboy @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:29 pm

I don't drink coffee (it's a long story) but I drink LOTS of tea. Tim's makes an acceptable cup of tea, not great, but good!

Gunnair @ Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:39 pm

raydan raydan:
Unsound Unsound:

Didn't even know how it was called in English.

In Québec, we use the genericized trademark... Bodum.

That's what I call mine.

DrCaleb @ Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

I have never had a sip of company coffee since this story came out:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/14909843/ns/u ... ee-please/

Meh. Urine is sterile. Not good for you, but in the short term it won't hurt you. Whereas, as Administrator to Mr. Funnypants computer access, he's have quite a hard time doing his job.

Ever again. :evil:

DrCaleb @ Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 am

raydan raydan:
Only in Canada...

. . .would it go on for 4 pages. ;)

wildrosegirl @ Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:43 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:
Only in Canada...

. . .would it go on for 4 pages. ;)

Yep.. I guess we should all count our blessings that this is the "big news" in our lives at this moment. :lol: I'm sure there are plenty that would trade places with us.

Unsound @ Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:41 am

raydan raydan:
Only in Canada...

...would you start a thread on TH's new coffee. :lol:

I had a hoser moment...

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next