Canada Kicks Ass
Why Canada Kicks Ass!!!

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  Next

Constantinople @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:06 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
TheUSofA1776 TheUSofA1776:
The day a Canadian posts something like this without having examples that deride America, is the day that I have to start worrying about America's dominance. Until then, it is exhiliarating to see it.

Can you elaborate on this please???? :?

When providing a list about why one's country kicks ass, one would not compare elements of one's country to countries that are seen as lower than one's country. One would only strive to provide examples in areas where one's country is better than the country that is considered the greatest.

Arctic_Menace @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:09 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
The day a Canadian posts something like this without having examples that deride America, is the day that I have to start worrying about America's dominance. Until then, it is exhiliarating to see it.

Can you elaborate on this please???? :?

When providing a list about why one's country kicks ass, one would not compare elements of one's country to countries that are seen as lower than one's country. One would only strive to provide examples in areas where one's country is better than the country that is considered the greatest.

K, thanks! :D I was a little confused before. 8)

The Hoser @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:26 pm

Want me to come up with a list of reasons why Canada is better than a country percived by the general world population as better? I could, if you really wanted to, as I'm sure a lot of people on this site could. But I won't unless you ask me, just so I don't get blamed for starting another flame war...

Constantinople @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:34 pm

SadBlue SadBlue:
Want me to come up with a list of reasons why Canada is better than a country percived by the general world population as better? I could, if you really wanted to, as I'm sure a lot of people on this site could.

I wish you would- it'd make me feel good.

Tman1 @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:38 pm

Ok lets not turn this into my countrys better than yours because nobody likes yours at all thing. SadBlue, if I was an American I dont think I would want to keep hearing things like that, and 1776, the thread is why Canada kicks ass and if you dont agree than fine, otherwise dont post snide remarks please. In my opinion, these general why Canada kicks ass threads are not needed as everybody knows why.

truecdneh @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:54 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Ok lets not turn this into my countrys better than yours because nobody likes yours at all thing. SadBlue, if I was an American I dont think I would want to keep hearing things like that, and 1776, the thread is why Canada kicks ass and if you dont agree than fine, otherwise dont post snide remarks please. In my opinion, these general why Canada kicks ass threads are not needed as everybody knows why.

I agree Tman1.. This isn't the thread. It can actually be summed up pretty easily without naming names. Why do people leave Canada? more money or faith driven/humanitarian reasons. Why do people come to Canada? for opportunity and to escape oppression/poverty. and yes. it's applicable across the board.

CanadianLynx @ Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:58 pm

http://www1.newsteam.ru/images/2005/240_15.jpg

ImWithTheBand @ Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:25 am

You can walk down the street...run into 5 people and they all say "hello" to you.

danikyvor @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:51 am

You forgot Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!

danikyvor @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 am

baseball was actually invented by the First Nations.

twister @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:51 pm

hate to burst your bubble... several little points... I am a proud canadian i really don't have any american bias except against loud mouth hockey players from both countries how should shut up and get back to playing.. enough said there...

$1:
>1. Smarties

1. Smarties and M&M's were designed originally for the military. Hersey shocalate bars tend to melt in combat so both nestle and M&M's started producing choclates covered in a shell coating.. so frontline soldiers could get thier chocolate. They were first designed by the company that supplies M & M's they in turn couldn't supply enough and smarties were developed from that.

$1:
>2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

2. Coffee crisp is definately Canadian.. but a big seller in the US as well. Crispy crunch not so sure of... You have to remember nestle though once Canadian is owned by an American corporation.

$1:
>3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down

3. yes canadian football fields are bigger and longer.. but we also have 1 more player and a slightly larger ball.... ever play footbal outside in -30 weather thats why we have 3 downs....

$1:
>4. Baseball is Canadian

4. Where was Baseball invented... I believe by abner doubleday he's the one who formulated the rules.. who was an american.. We have had canadian leagues for years yes.. but I believe that was invented south of the border.

$1:
5. Lacrosse is Canadian

5.Lacrosse is Native American.. Lacrosse was played by the hurons for many years before the creation of Canada and America. It is however Canada's national sport.

$1:
>6. Hockey is Canadian

6.Hockey is Canadian yes but some of the first major teams and league college wise were based state side... Yes the game was played here first.. (not holland) and it to is Canada's national game and sport.

$1:
>7. Basketball is Canadian

7. Basketball... invented by James naismith a Canadian living and working in a YMCA in boston MA. They needed to have a game that could be played within the confines of a gymnasium.

$1:
>8. Apple pie is Canadian

8. Apple pie is made where ever apples are prevalent Canada... USA etc.

$1:
>9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass

9. I don't think ernie coombs or Fred rogers could kick anyones ass or nor should they... wasn't that the job of the friendly giant and captain kangaroo... now that would be a scrap.....

$1:
>10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass

10. Tim Hortons has great diner coffee.. there donuts are just as good as dunkin. Crispy creme donuts are to die for and I really mean that eat too many and your heart attack central, but they both have shitty coffee. Just like In and out burger.. kicks everyone elses ass.. In and out burgers are the best anywhere.. forget fatso forget blah blah blah.. you want a burger you go to In and Out.

$1:
>11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King, who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..

11. Yes we did sack washington and then returned victorious.. but where does that leave us now.. we are neighbours sharing a border.. lets not start a flame war only serves to piss people off... we agree to disagree on some subjects.. fair no foul.. biggest question of all did the Americans know that they were under attack.. or did they just think it was a bunch of Canadian tourists coming down for the week...(just kidding.. I know I know)

12 - 25 will be answered after lunch.

DerbyX @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:09 pm

$1:
4. Where was Baseball invented... I believe by abner doubleday he's the one who formulated the rules.. who was an american.. We have had canadian leagues for years yes.. but I believe that was invented south of the border.

Perfected yes but I'm pretty sure that baseball is based very much on a british game called "rounders".

Pimpbrewski @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:14 pm

Canadian beer kicks ass LOL :wink:

twister @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:37 pm

Continuation after lunch:

$1:
>12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany

12. yes that maybe so.. but America has the Largest German population never to surrender to the allies.. (silly comment)

$1:
>13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER

13. Only have two words Hong Kong.. ask any Canadian veteran who survived that section of the war what it was like to be a prisoner of war for 4 years under Japanese command (no geneva convention).
On our side of the war:
What about the countless japanese families placed in Internment camps in BC and Alberta who had everything ripped away from them. The Ukranian farmers.. who were jailed they had their land and equipment taken from them too can you tell me when did Canada ever declare war on the Ukraine.. or the Ukraine declared war on Canada.. never happened.. they were overrun by the Germans... as were poles, czechs, belgians, dutch, french.. but any groups treated as bad as the Japanese canadians and the Ukranian Canadians.. no
With no apology given.. finally the japanese recieved a formal apology.. nothing from the Canadian government to the ukranian Canadians though.

$1:
14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.
>15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught

14. Our civil war was the Riel rebellion and it lasted far more than the one hour. Still to this day.. the quebecers hate what happened to Louis Riel. It is still one of the driving threads of Quebec seperation. The American Civil war sparked the abolition of slavery. Our has been a dividing wedge for 200 years. The mostly agricultural south versus the more highly developed north. The french and the metis vs. the English.
15. As above....

$1:
>16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

16. The scotish knew plaid and tartans were cool long before canadians did.

$1:
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

17. That great and we are all happy the HBC is still around... eatons dies.. woodwards died... just hope the Olympics in torino Italy 2006 we don't see our athletes wearing those fugly 4 stripe blanket jackets.......

$1:
>18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes

18. American, Canadian, Russian, finnish, swedish or norwegian Dog teams.... We all have cold weather.. and dog teams are not just Canadian.

$1:
>19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

19.The American Buffalo population was hunted almost to extinction... so was the Canadian so we can't get too smug about both countries almost wiping a creature right out of existance.

$1:
>20. We don't marry our kin-folk

20. Ever been to (sorry this sound real bad) any area outside a major city... Rural anywhere in Canada.. we have our fair share of Trailer park (sorry) and hillbillies to...they got laws again that too billy bob....

$1:
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

21. Bombardier did invent several main things.. Henry ford ( an american) pushed the assembly line on which many of these ideas were brought forward and built because of. Zamboni was as stated before built by a man in California. Banting discovered insulin as being what diabetics needed.. Saulk stopped polio.. Every country has supplied physicians and scientists that have gone on to do great things in thier fields of study. Marconi wasn't a canadian... the man who gave us the power and ability to send messages through the air..

$1:
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

22. Frozen poles... Well if you want to stick your tongue on a frozen Polish person go right ahead.. but when he beats the hell out of you don't come crying to me. Anywhere cold has the same problem.. Cold metal.. tongue....

$1:
>23. A Canadian invented Superman

23. And an american invented spiderman and bat man .. and on and on and on....who cares.

$1:
24. We have colured money.

24. They have colored money too (sort of) a little more colorful now .. right constantinople.

$1:
25. Our beer advertisments kick ass

25. Yes our beer advertisements kick ass.. how many of the major beer distillers are.. Canadian owned anymore... just the small ones.. I don't see many Sleeman, Granville island .. Big Rock ads though.... great beers no ads.. product speaks for itself... Except Alexander Kieths.. I love those ads.

$1:
The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

>

26. Yes we have large beer handles.. Which means on average.. for all those American and Canadian Ladies out there...
Big handles.. means Big hands.. Big boots mean big feet.. Big hands and big feet mean .... ya you get the drift.. see you in Canada and soon.

$1:
And we don't bomb our allies

27. With .. what... we don't have anything but snowballs... until the new budget... yipeeeee

$1:
and our elections only take one
day.

28 Our elections take one day .. only because of the voting apathy in this country.. 6 people vote.. ya it doesn't take long.....
They have 300 million people we have thirty million

And thats it.........

twister @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:04 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
$1:

Perfected yes but I'm pretty sure that baseball is based very much on a british game called "rounders".

Could be not too sure I only know that doubleday came up with the standarized rules that became known as baseball.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  Next