Canada Kicks Ass
Rick's rant on the Military

1  2  3  Next

Scape @ Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:19 pm

Back them up with the gold card

Whoo rah!

SprCForr @ Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:30 pm

LOL! Rick Mercer is a very clever fellow!

Have you seen this one? Another gooder.

http://www.cbc.ca/clips/mondayreport/kabul_greetings.rm

Cheers.

RoyalHighlander @ Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:29 am

LMFAO.. Put it on the Canadian Tire Card ... :lol: :roll: :lol:

Richard @ Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:16 am

greetings was frigging funny sad as hell but funny

Canadaka @ Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:55 am

that was good, and it actually boosted my support for military spending more than anything ever has

dgthe3 @ Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:02 pm

That was good. Give our soldiers what they need to to their job. And paying for it with Canadian Tire money isn't such a bad idea. Where can i send mine?

canadian1971 @ Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:50 pm

12.8 BILLION for the military in the budget.........won't give them everything they need, but it sure will help. Im still not voting for Paul next time around though.

Got love Rick Mercer!

dgthe3 @ Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:54 pm

I just watched the greetings one. Funny, yes, but it is unfortunate that the state of our military is a joke. Things are getting a bit better: the new camo that gear that our troops are recieving is far better than the Korean War era stuff that they used to have. If only we could get it to the right soldiers at the right time.

Richard @ Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:23 pm

They will loose their minority gov before they have to spend much of what they talked about yesterday. To much smoke to even see in the mirrors with that budget.

Scape @ Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:55 am

canadian1971 canadian1971:
12.8 BILLION for the military in the budget.........won't give them everything they need, but it sure will help. Im still not voting for Paul next time around though.

Got love Rick Mercer!

Yep, it got the army off life support and helps counters the missile defense argument. Good to see. We need to replace the air support wing, the Hercules are just about ready to drop and Uncle Sam is busy.

dgthe3 @ Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:36 am

as far as the budget goes, yes all of that money will not get to where it is needed, but i remember an old saying: Aim for the stars and maybe you will hit the moon. It cannot be a bad thing that it is being said the armed forces will get that money, they will get less than that, but getting 3/4 of 12 billion is better than 3/4 of 8 billion, right?

SprCForr @ Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:55 pm

Too bad it wasn't 12.8 over the current costs of DND. A sizable chunk of that money is going towards getting the costs in line with the current operational comitments. Since DND runs a deficiet they start in the negative column. As well, how much of that money will be spent to extend the lives of the junk that needs replacing? It's money better spent replacing kit. Next is, another chunk of that money will be spent training troops and units to the level we were at in the '80s and early 90's, so were are just regaining lost ground there too. That pie is getting much smaller now. Adding manpower that was cut by the Libs is another. Yikes!

Richard @ Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:03 pm

80's level made me grown to things were not that shit hot then when I got out.

Newfie Scott @ Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:40 pm

I personally think Rick Mercer's role in the Canadian military getting better funding this budget is minimal. No one really takes Mercer overly serious (at least the people I know) as he's pretty well a lapdog of one political party (the Liberals).

I think the credit and congratulations for this budget has to go to the people, especially the command staff, of the Canadian Forces, who have finally gotten off their politically correct butts and started to speak out against poor goernment funding and its effects on our military. Great job Gen. Hillier, Gen. Henault, and Vice-Admiral Buck (the three most public commanding/senior officers of the Canadian Forces who weren't afraid to go against the government in public to do what is right).

SprCForr @ Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:46 pm

Newfie Scott Newfie Scott:
I personally think Rick Mercer's role in the Canadian military getting better funding this budget is minimal. . Great job Gen. Hillier, Gen. Henault, and Vice-Admiral Buck...

Rick Mercer had no role in budgetting. It was an editiorial comment. As for those three, you're kidding right?

1  2  3  Next