Canada Kicks Ass
Bono disappointed

Scape @ Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:23 pm

I really can't believe that Paul Martin would want to hold up history

On a realted note:

Canada'a foreign policy: Lots of pride - but influence ?

It will be an interesting year ahead.

Canadaka @ Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:41 am

this effects my opionion of Martin much more than the sponsership scandal

Rev_Blair @ Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:48 am

It's classic Martin...make the promise, then come up with a policy that doesn't meet it. Bono sounded a little pissed off of the Radio yesterday, too.

Martin's problem is that he wants to his father and/or Lester Pearson. The reality is that he has the vision of a corporate bean counter.

Donny_Brasco @ Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:19 am

It seems to me that this Martin guy is simply a scam artist. He knows what buttons to push to get elected and peole trust him. Once he is elected he doesn't return phone calls or visit anymore.

He was out to some of our First Nations communities prior to being elected and looked us in the eye and said he was going to fix things. Nothing happened and it it business as usual.

I voted Liberal because my friend was a candidate. Even if my best friend runs Liberal I'm never voting for those crooks again. Ralph Goodale better pack his bags, or jump ship, because even the most well liked Liberals are in for a battle.

The last election is barely over and we still remember getting burnt, usually after 4 years some of us forget how badly these people lied to us.

JonnyW @ Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:10 am

I have never voted but my family in the past supported larry mcckormick because he represented the local area that we live in. I believe he was a liberal.

PENATRATOR @ Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:06 pm

When Boner starts paying taxes in this country, then he can feel free to criticise where MY tax dollars are spent. Up his.

Ruserious @ Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:21 pm

Donny_Brasco Donny_Brasco:
It seems to me that this Martin guy is simply a scam artist. He knows what buttons to push to get elected and peole trust him. Once he is elected he doesn't return phone calls or visit anymore.

He was out to some of our First Nations communities prior to being elected and looked us in the eye and said he was going to fix things. Nothing happened and it it business as usual.

I voted Liberal because my friend was a candidate. Even if my best friend runs Liberal I'm never voting for those crooks again. Ralph Goodale better pack his bags, or jump ship, because even the most well liked Liberals are in for a battle.

The last election is barely over and we still remember getting burnt, usually after 4 years some of us forget how badly these people lied to us.
In all fairness Donny, the last election was held less than one year ago.
Then parliament went into it's annual summer recess and the fact that the Liberals were elected with a minority government has prevented them from accomplishing most if not all of what they had promised to do.
Compound that problem with the opposition's insistence on holding this country hostage over the scandal with their partisan politics and you have the answer as to why nothing gets accomplished.

Minority governments are a nice idea to keep a ruling party on their toes but in reality, they don't work.