Canada Kicks Ass
Dion breaking up Canada...

1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  Next

SJ-24 @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:55 am

And you folks out east think electing little retarded Stephany won't force a breaking up of Canada? Well, may I suggest you take a good hard look at the average Alberta conservative's opinion of Dion and take a guess how 73% of a population who support a conservative government could walk away from Canada without even as much as a look back at Ottawa. :D

$1:
January 22, 2007

Dion easy target
Shots at oilpatch put province against rest of country

By Ezra Levant

Well, there's a surprise: Stephane Dion thinks the oilpatch's wealth is nothing more than "easy money."

Not slowly, thoughtfully earned money. But easy money.

There's something shady about it, something unreal. We are not worthy of our wealth.

It's a sort of trick.

Give the man credit: At least Dion had the guts to come into the heart of the West to tell us what he thinks of us.

Dion was speaking in Edmonton, which is the gateway to northern Alberta's oilsands, the source of so many billions of dollars of tax revenues for Ottawa, and the source of employment for tens of thousands of Canadians.

That employment is not limited to Alberta, but extends to Ontario and Quebec, from where much of the equipment for the oilsands comes.

It is a touch rich for a Liberal from Quebec, who was in Jean Chretien's cabinet when the AdScam strategy was implemented -- sending nearly a quarter of a billion dollars to Quebec ad agencies in the name of a "sponsorship" program, much of which was kicked back to the Quebec Liberal Party -- to call anything, ever, for the rest of his life, easy money.

Dion -- who has sucked at the teat of the taxpayer his whole life, first as a professor, then as a politician -- proposes to teach hard-working oilpatch workers what is easy money and what is not.

The wealth of Dion's beloved Quebec -- the beneficiary of billions of tax dollars extracted from the oilpatch, and transferred to la belle province -- doesn't count as easy money to him.

That's well-earned.

It's not the first time Dion had lessons for the West that he does not teach to his own Quebec base.

His first day on the job as Liberal Leader saw Dion call for the continuation of the Canadian Wheat Board's monopoly rights to farmers' fields -- but only in the West.

Dion was adamant Western farmers would not be granted the freedom Quebec farmers have.

We eagerly await Dion's commentary on Quebec's dairy industry -- which receives enormous subsidies from the rest of Canada through quotas and tariffs. Is charging more than market rates for milk and cheese easy money?

Dion's comment about easy money was not a slip of the tongue. It was a comment made at a scheduled speech; it was not retracted. It wasn't a gaffe or an anomaly. It is Liberal Party policy.

This should not be a surprise to anyone who followed Dion as a cabinet minister under Chretien and Paul Martin.

In July 2005, Dion promulgated new environmental regulations targeting Alberta's oilpatch. He announced carbon dioxide, a harmless, naturally-occurring gas, was now officially toxic, and it would soon be fined at $200/ton -- but only if emitted by Alberta's oil patch. Eastern "polluters" -- such as Ontario's auto industry -- were officially exempted.

Had Martin been re-elected in 2006, there is little doubt those punitive fines would have been started, skimming billions of dollars a year out of Alberta's oil patch.

Dion named his dog "Kyoto" -- there's no doubt he would have implemented it had he had the chance.

Will Dion's Alberta-baiting work?

Maybe. It worked for Chretien and Martin, who won four elections by pitting Alberta against the rest of the country.

Here's hoping, though, Ontario and Quebec voters in 2007 don't share Dion's salivating envy.

USCAdad @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:59 am

SJ-24 SJ-24:
And you folks out east think electing little retarded Stephany won't force a breaking up of Canada? Well, may I suggest you take a good hard look at the average Alberta conservative's opinion of Dion and take a guess how 73% of a population who support a conservative government could walk away from Canada without even as much as a look back at Ottawa. :D

:? Is this a reason to vote for Dion or not?

hurley_108 @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:00 am

Ezra Levant is a facist dickbag.

VitaminC @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:05 am

As an Ontarian, I am ready for Ontario to leave Canada. Newfoundland continues to turn down oil deals that would make them self-sufficient because they know Ontario and Alberta will continue to support them.

Quebec gets an extra $1B from Ontario and Alberta, while they have almost free university education and daycare.

When will Ontario receive some equalization payments so that we can provide the same standard of education as Quebec?

Ontario gains nothing from being in Canada, and we are continually raped by every region of this country. All the while as they take our money each region screams about how they hate Toronto/Ontario and continually insult us.

Every province with non-renewable resources wants more equalization money, which comes from where? Industries in Ontario. The streets are not paved with gold, we need to spend our own tax money in our own province.

ridenrain @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:16 am

VitaminC VitaminC:
As an Ontarian, I am ready for Ontario to leave Canada.

As a British Columbian, I'm ready for Ontario to leave too. :D
Like it or not, Ezra Levant speaks for a whole lot of Westerners and this feeling of being used goes back a very long time.

Clogeroo @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:25 am

A Nation once again,
A Nation once again,
And Western Canada, long provinces, be
A Nation once again!

VitaminC @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:37 am

That's funny because I don't remember Ontario ever getting equalization payments from Western Canada. If Ontario buying goods from Western Canada means we've used you, then I guess we're guilty as charged. Ontario and Alberta are the only self-sufficient provinces in Canada. Every other province uses Ontario and Alberta.

SJ-24 @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:49 am

VitaminC VitaminC:
That's funny because I don't remember Ontario ever getting equalization payments from Western Canada. If Ontario buying goods from Western Canada means we've used you, then I guess we're guilty as charged. Ontario and Alberta are the only self-sufficient provinces in Canada. Every other province uses Ontario and Alberta.

Ya, wait for it. When Western Canada seperates and all those cars you folks manufacture suddenly have no where to go, well you too will be looking for equalization payments... :lol: And I'm all for Ontario leaving Canada. The sooner the better! :lol:

ziggy @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:51 am

I went to an Alberta seperation site and found this.

$1:
Canada is at war with radical Islamic Terrorists.

This site no longer advocates the separation of Alberta from Canada. It supports the government of Stephen Harper. If the Harper government falls this website goes back up harder and stronger. Internationally, and domestically we now have a government we can be proud of.

And this
$1:
Link to old Site which will re-activate if the Liberal left regains Canada.

Their site.http://www.republicofalberta.com/

VitaminC @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:52 am

SJ-24 SJ-24:
VitaminC VitaminC:

Ya, wait for it. When Western Canada seperates and all those cars you folks manufacture suddenly have no where to go, well you too will be looking for equalization payments... :lol: And I'm all for Ontario leaving Canada. The sooner the better! :lol:

Yeah I'm sure the 12 million people in Ontario will stop buying cars because 3 million people in Alberta decide to go back to horse and carriages.

ziggy @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:59 am

lily lily:
ziggy ziggy:
I went to an Alberta seperation site and found this.

$1:
Canada is at war with radical Islamic Terrorists.

This site no longer advocates the separation of Alberta from Canada. It supports the government of Stephen Harper. If the Harper government falls this website goes back up harder and stronger. Internationally, and domestically we now have a government we can be proud of.

And this
$1:
Link to old Site which will re-activate if the Liberal left regains Canada.

Their site.http://www.republicofalberta.com/

So it's "if you don't elect our guy we're leaving".

How is that any different from Quebec?

Its the same as what they have been saying for years here,put in an NEP style program and were gonna talk about leaving.

Canadaka @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:00 am

I should just fucking ban all you seperatist fucks, you make me sick.

Oh cry cry, we loose our conservative government, so lets work to break up the best country on earth.

I truely beleive even in Quebec and Alberta the people that want to seperate are small numbers, that are just vocal. Some people might consider it on a poll here or there, but when it really came down to it they would be for Canada.

Many US states have seperation parties or groups like above as well.

ziggy @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:06 am

lily lily:
$1:
This site no longer advocates the separation of Alberta from Canada. It supports the government of Stephen Harper. If the Harper government falls this website goes back up harder and stronger.

Stevie Stevie he's our guy!
If we can't have him we're gonna cry!

It doesn't look like the NEP has anything to do with this. It appears that the separatists just don't want a left leaning government - they want the Cons or they're going to threaten to leave.

I wonder if they're serious or if they're just testing their power and are threatening separation as a bully tactic.

Well those guys have been at it for years,a bit radical,most of them want to join the states. Good to see both sides of the story though,thats why I went to check out their site,see if they heard anything about an impending seperation because I never saw anything in the paper about it.

One article in the paper doesnt speak for a whole province. :roll:

ReliableIntelligence @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:08 am

When you think about it, the Conservatives have a much greater chance of fueling Western seperatism than the Liberals ever will.

Consider: Despite the National Energy Program, despite the perceived lack of Western balance in Liberal governments, it took a Conservative collapse to finally create our most recent western protest movement.

That movement forms the basis of our current Conservative party - a Party that is openly musing about measures to take western resource revenues and redistribute them to Quebec, and structuring defence deals in such a way as to benefit Quebec at the expense of the West.

If voters who have refused to vote Liberal because of old grievances are alienated by the Conservative/Reform party that emerged as a response to their demands, where will they go?

The heir apparent to the Conservative hegemony in Alberta is the Alberta Alliance.

ridenrain @ Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 am

$1:
Western provinces consider separation: poll
Updated Tue. Aug. 9 2005 2:23 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

At least one-third of Western Canadians think it's time for their provinces to consider quitting Canada, a new poll suggests.

The survey was commissioned by Western Standard magazine, a right-leaning bimonthly news and opinion magazine founded in 2004 by Ezra Levant, a former Reform Party and Alliance Party activist.

The magazine's survey found that 35.6 per cent of respondents from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia agreed that "Western Canadians should begin to explore the idea of forming their own country."

The poll claims that Albertans, at 42 per cent, were most likely to consider independence, followed by Saskatchewan at 31.9 per cent.

"Westerners are very frustrated with their position in Confederation," said Faron Ellis, a political science professor at Lethbridge Community College, who conducted the survey.

source

.. and I thought Belinda fixed all this. :roll:

1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  Next