Canada Kicks Ass
The Western Alliance

1  2  3  4  Next

Mattimer @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:33 pm

If I were to make a party I would make one based on the West, starting from Manitoba, separating from Canada and creating their own country.
Discuss.

Scape @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:37 pm

Joke. If it was to happen the west would leave in 6 months. No squabbling like Quebec, just go. Otherwise it's a still born party.

Mattimer @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:41 pm

If it were to happen, I believe with the resources available in the west we could be self-sufficient, and instead of just giving our resources to Ontario, Quebec, etc. to distribute and take the profits we could do that ourselves.
Plus, it seems the west, like alberta and BC, are so far away from Ontario that they are barely recognized in speeches.
Plus, the east cancels out the western votes for federal elections, it seems we will never get a majority if the east doesn't want it.

Mattimer @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:44 pm

And I hope Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and BC join them.
Enough of our money and resources goes to Ontario, and we get barely any back when we need it. IE- farmers struggling, that was on my news for so long and they were struggling for relief.
If there was a "West Canada" I believe our economy would soon rival that of the easts, because we have the resources our "consuming neighbours" in the south want.

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:55 pm

I would not support such an alliance that is main mandate is seperation.

Mattimer @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:58 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
I would not support such an alliance that is main mandate is seperation.

Many people would I am guessing. The business owners that don't want to give most of their money to Ottawa to only get a little back in return.
If the west separated, we could keep our resources, create a stable economy, and have a capitol hill that is near us. We're so far from the "political center" of Canada I barely know what's going on anymore.

canadian1971 @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:00 pm

ONE WORD......partition...not sure if that is how it is spelled! :oops:

PS...I would pack by bags and move back to Canada.

Robair @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:29 pm

Two sayings come to mind:

"Strength in numbers."

and

"Divide and conquer."

Canada is stronger, and better, in every respect, as a whole.

jadeofthenorth @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:55 pm

Robair Robair:
Two sayings come to mind:

"Strength in numbers."

and

"Divide and conquer."

Canada is stronger, and better, in every respect, as a whole.

I agree.

Saskatchewan will separate over my dead body. Why would anyone in the right mind want to break up one of the greatest countries on the face of the earth.

Mattimer @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:08 pm

I hate blind patriots.
I bet you also hate Americans for blindly following their government in Iraq, correct?
The fact is that, as it stands, western Canada is just geographically located near Ontario, nothing more. We pay our taxes, send our money, and what do we get in return? Voted out from the east.
The country is considered "great" because of the people and our history, mearly splitting up the country won't change the kindness of the people.

But just wait until you see that the west has little or nothing to do with Canadian politics, and maybe you'll see that we would do better as our own nation.

Robair @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:31 pm

Mattimer Mattimer:
I hate blind patriots.

I have similar fealings toward treasonists.
On the other side of the pond, all of Europe is struggling to become more united (the EU) and over here people can only talk about seperation.
What the hell is so unbearable with your current lifestyle that would justify ripping a nation as great as Canada apart?

Mattimer @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:34 pm

Robair Robair:
Mattimer Mattimer:
I hate blind patriots.

I have similar fealings toward treasonists.
On the other side of the pond, all of Europe is struggling to become more united (the EU) and over here people can only talk about seperation.
What the hell is so unbearable with your current lifestyle that would justify ripping a nation as great as Canada apart?

If you do not get what you want or need, why just "stick it out" because everyone else thinks Canada is so great? You're not even living here.
There is a difference between treason and revolution, I do not want to separate just for the sake of weakening the country, but for the sake of strengthening my community.

Robair @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:45 pm

Strengthen your community? Canada, with its 30 million strong population, has enough trouble gaining footing on the world stage as it is. How do you think your 'community' (of what, 10 or so million?) is going to do?

There is strength in numbers and Canada needs to beef up if anything, not tear apart.

canadian1971 @ Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:47 pm

:roll: 100% Canadian Mattimer? :P

1  2  3  4  Next