Canada Kicks Ass
Radio Tech Support

1  2  3  Next

Canadaka @ Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:27 pm

Please post questions and problems with the radio here, rather than in all the other topics.

Tricks @ Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Not a problem with the radio, just wondering what the name of the Team Speak channel is. Great idea with the radio though!

Canadaka @ Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:07 pm

the teamspeak is for the =CKA= clan.

we can use it for radio shows, but the quality is not very good on the radio from teamspeak.

So will setup and try a Ventrillo server for radio voice.

bossdog @ Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:19 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
the teamspeak is for the =CKA= clan.

we can use it for radio shows, but the quality is not very good on the radio from teamspeak.

So will setup and try a Ventrillo server for radio voice.

Just to clarify (not that your explaination wasn't clear). TeamSpeak's use on Radio Show's can be used when 2 or more people want to speak at the same time. As Trev and NewfieBullet pointed out to me, there is an option in the ShoutCast plugin that will allow you to use a mic during your radio show if you plan to be the only one speaking. I suppose you could use generated voice bits like I do and have a conversation with yourself.

Canadaka @ Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:14 pm

yup exactly bossdog.

FuBar did his first show tonight, he's a good DJ, he makes little blurbs with the mic every couple songs.

jazzman @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:10 am

I'm sure that this was brought up before but i'm really having problems with this so I'll mention it again, I can't listen to the radio because the windows media player doesn't seem to work. I've clicked on it and it connects, but when I click on the 'play' button, nothing happens, it doesn't play. So when you get any time, can you check this out please cause i'm missing out on all the music and everything.

And yes, I did try this when someone was currently DJ ing. Youwere the one that was currently DJ ing when I was trying to listen to the radio Canadaka. 8)

Canadaka @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:11 am

works here, someone has to be DJ'ing and for the WMP and realplayer links they don't seem to work until a DJ has been broadcasting for a couple min.

My advice if you have problems, just get Winamp.
www.winamp.com

Zoraja @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:15 am

Cant wait to get on a cka vent channel, that should be pretty damned funny.

Umm I still cannot get it to work with iTunes.

Ripcat @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:31 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
yup exactly bossdog.

FuBar did his first show tonight, he's a good DJ, he makes little blurbs with the mic every couple songs.

How does the mic work? Just toggle between winamp and soundcard input?

LittleBastard @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:45 am

When I click on the Windows Media Player CKA Radio works great and kicks @SS!!! However when I click for WinAmp or iTunes I get a pop-up for a file download and it asks me where I want to save a file named listen.pls??? What is this all about and do I need to save it somewhere for it to work???

Thanks for any help!!!

GREAT tunes by BTW Ripcat!!! R=UP

Ripcat @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:57 am

Thanks Porshe, it's a mellow morning. 8)

I think I just click save and the player starts up. Can't remember and I can't test at the moment as I'm broadcasting.

LittleBastard @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:25 am

HA... nothing wrong with mellow mornings Ripcat! I'm sick and feel like sh*t this morning... so right now mellow is goooood!!!

As for just clicking SAVE... it then opens a Save As window for me to set a path!? I don't want to save a file somewhere that I shouldn't!?

Ripcat @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:46 am

I'll check later if your question isn't solved by this evening Porsche, when someone else is DJ.

Thanks for listening and get well sonn because I won't be having a mellow show every day. :wink:

Ripcat signing off......

bossdog @ Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:00 am

Ripcat Ripcat:
Canadaka Canadaka:
yup exactly bossdog.

How does the mic work? Just toggle between winamp and soundcard input?

Yeah. If you don't switch the input back to winamp after you're done with the mic, the music stops broadcasting. At least that the problem I had yesterday.

1  2  3  Next